DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

...I don't think so, since a Pokemon's status resets after each battle.

DNA said:
...I don't think so, since a Pokemon's status resets after each battle.

I mean - He participates one double battle, and if I win it, I retire. Will its move be kept?

I know what you mean. I'm saying that since everything about a Pokemon is reset after each battle - win or lose - any Sketch will be reset back to Sketch.
You could try it, but I don't think it's going to work.

So I was playing my Japanese Soul Silver version today and realized that the Togepi learns Extrasensory at level 6 instead of Metronome is this only in the Japanese version of the game?

Togepi is supposed to learn Metronome at level 6 throughout every generation IV game. It can only learn Extrasensory via breeding, and that's only in HG/SS. The Togepi you get from Elm's assistant will actually know Extrasensory upon hatching.

DNA said:
I know what you mean. I'm saying that since everything about a Pokemon is reset after each battle - win or lose - any Sketch will be reset back to Sketch.
You could try it, but I don't think it's going to work.

Thx. I have a Technician Persian, equipped with Blackglasses [It boosts the power of Dark-type moves by 20%]. It hits a foe with the move Faint Attack, now my question is - which bonus to this move's power is apllied first - the ability's, or the item's? I'm asking cos it can gain only the item's this way, cos the attack's power after a boost of 20% is 72 - higher than the maximum for Techinician [60].

Technician gives a boost based on the move's actual base power, regardless of other bonuses. You're fine.

DNA said:
Technician gives a boost based on the move's actual base power, regardless of other bonuses. You're fine.

That's great! Thx.
If my poke hits a foe with Fake Out, and the it becomes flinched, then I have a second turn to attack, right [my poke is faster]? When I have it, I hit the foe with Assurance - will the power be doubled, or it's a new 'round' of turns already so it will hit with base power?

It is a new round, so Assurance's bonus will not be applied. (Assurance is pretty much useless outside of doubles, and even then it's outclassed.)

Fake Out doesn't necessarily make you faster; it just has increased priority.

How much does Flamethrower cost in the Celadon game corner in the original Pokemon Red/Blue?

There actually is no TM Flamethrower in Generation I. (Thunderbolt and Ice Beam were, but they aren't bought.)

Oh! Well in that case, what's needed to swap the girl at the top of the store for Ice Beam? Fresh Water, Soda or Lemonade. I know Thunderbolt is given to you by Lt. Surge.

I believe it's:

Fresh Water -> Ice Beam
Soda Pop -> Tri Attack
Lemonade -> Rock Slide

Does anyone have a Phanpy for trade in Gen 4? I don't have much in my Platinum and SoulSilver games but I'll do what I can to trade for it.

The Master Wi-Fi sticky under Fifth Gen is still used for 4th Gen Trade Now requests. -Chariblaze

DNA said:
It is a new round, so Assurance's bonus will not be applied. (Assurance is pretty much useless outside of doubles, and even then it's outclassed.)

Fake Out doesn't necessarily make you faster; it just has increased priority.

THX!
I received a Kabutops via the GTS, and its name is JAP, but the trainer's name's written in English. Is it possible to nick yourself in a Jap games with Eng letters? I was just wondering to see whether it's hacked or anything...

You can have an English trainer name in a Japanese game - if that is the case then the letters will be a little "rounder" than usual.
Alternatively, a non-nicknamed Kabuto could have been traded to a Japanese game and then evolved there. (Kabutops' Japanese name is the same as in English, カブトプス)

DNA said:
You can have an English trainer name in a Japanese game - if that is the case then the letters will be a little "rounder" than usual.
Alternatively, a non-nicknamed Kabuto could have been traded to a Japanese game and then evolved there. (Kabutops' Japanese name is the same as in English, カブトプス)

As far as i'm conerned, I don't think its trainer's nickname is a round one, otherwise I would have remembered it. I'll check it again anyways
It's probably the second case that you mentioned...

I have a new 3DS. I defined my home's local WI-FI access in it, tested it, and it connected successfully. Then I inserted my SS [Which I previously played it and WI-FI with it with my DSLITE] and tried to log in to the GTS with it and it popped a message that said that it already has a written wifi point and it asked me whether i'd like to change it. I pressed YES and then it popped another alert that it didn't find an active wifi point or something... WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I hope i'm clear enough "^^

Is there a move deleter in Pokémon Diamond? Is there someone who teaches a forgotten move? My Staraptor knows Defog so I can replace it with Close Combat.

Move Tutor: Pastoria City (just to the west of the big pond in town)
Move Deleter: Canalave City (south of the Pokemon Center)

What is the base level of a Ponyta found in the Mansion in Pokemon Red? (Or where ever it was found in which version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back