BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Not 100% Sure about this, but the pokemon with active pokerus needs to be touching the pokemon that you want to give 'rus to, when you battle.

That's what I gather as well. A friend of mine actually got a traded Pokemon from the GTS with Pokerus last night, so I had some questions on his behalf but tried to research it as much as I could before asking. :)

So it sounds like it would be most efficient in slots 2-5, because it affects both Pokemon on either side. That's what it sounds like anyway. And it should spread every battle or every few battles? I wish I had it for myself to test. :D

It radically depends. You simply enter battles, check the summary screen for Pokerus, and then enter more battles (if needed).

When I caught a Poochyena with Pokerus in SS, I then battled a wild Furret then flew to a Pokemon Center and the Nurse said my Pokemon has Pokerus. I checked and my Togekiss, Froslass, Hounkrow and Weavile had Pokerus along with Poochyena.
It happened really quick for me. Plus I didn't know what Pokerus was.

Pokerus can spread after one battle, or after 5. It's different every time.

OK, so I'm new to EV training and I have a question. According to many reputable Pokemon fansites, you can get 255 EVs per stat. These same sites say you can only add 32 to any one stat, and for every 4 EVs you get one stat point right? So if you do the simple math, 255/4 is not 32, but 64. Supposedly that is the overall total, not per one stat. So before I post anything about my Pokemon having 128 EVs (128/4=32), I thought I would ask why they say 255, when in theory that's impossible (or I just don't get it.)? Thanks!:p

I don't know why they say that it can only add up to 32. A 63 bonus is the max, and 255 EVs are the max in any one stat. The overall total is simply 510. You already know this, of course, but you're being misled.

Oh. Thanks. I guess it was more of me not understanding what it said.:p

Perhaps they are referencing IV's, which can allow an increase of 31 in a stat.

Am I the only one disappointed in Gamefreak's method of transferring pokemon from Diamond, Pearl, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver? Need 2 DS, really? I don't see why they still couldn't let us transfer GBA pokemon with the GBA slot. Having to transfer from ruby/sapphire to diamond/pearl to black/white seems tedious, considering you can only do a few pokemon at a time. Hopefully the new game they will announce will be another pokemon stadium that lets us transfer through there instead.

^Not really a question or answer...

If a Lillipup has Vital Spirit, what does it's evolution have?

BrOkenICE said:
^Not really a question or answer...

If a Lillipup has Vital Spirit, what does it's evolution have?

my question is if there's another way I can transfer :p

No, that's the only way to transfer anything from Gen 4 games (aside from the special Transfer Machine for events, of course).

And to my knowledge, if Lillipup has Vital Spirit, its evolutions will have Intimidate.

^Woot!
Good because I started EV training this Lillipup and I forgot to check.

He's correct; because I remember that Pickup becomes Sand Rush.

Does anybody know how likely it is to catch a Sigilyph in the Desert Resort?

Back