BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

^They're acquirable in Dream World as well. I've already acquired 2 kinds (Pomeg and Tamato), and I've seen the other 4 in the gardens of my Dream Pals.

DNA said:
To add to that, you really need to start EV training with an untouched Pokemon, i.e. a Pokemon that has never battled, as it will have 0 EVs. The best way to do this is to go out to the wild and catch a Pokemon yourself, or go in the daycare and breed for an egg which will hatch into a level 1 Pokemon. (Most people do the latter, except in the case of legendary Pokemon, wherein you cannot hatch those and must freshly catch them.)
yea thats what I did

I understand this is probably a…n00b-ish question by now, but can I play the eeveelution game via the global link and have the obtained Pokémon available before I connect my White Version to the Global Link for the first time? Basically do I need my game or is just the Trainer Club account good? I've been so busy for nearly months now I don't even have my starter yet :p, so I've kind of neglected trying out those features. Thanks in advance!

You only need a Trainer Club account. The game itself came out before BW or the GL (can't remember which), and so everyone else did it without connecting their version.

If I put a Pokemon to sleep and send it to the Dream World, will it gain its hidden ability?

SID stands for Secret ID, and that, in conjunction with your ID or TID (Trainer ID) determine many things, like whether or not you'll come across a shiny. It's also used to distinguish Trainers from each other (two people with the same nickname and TID will probably have different SIDs, and so the game will treat them as different people). Your TID can easily be found on your Trainer Card, but your SID can currently only be found via AR (last I checked).

How do you get the TM Snarl?

Off-Topic:
A lot of "guest" will see this post. You guys should join!

Since it's locked within the Lock Capsule, and since there's no way to get the Lock Capsule at the present time without cheating, there is no way to get TM 95, Snarl/Bark Out.

Porygon-X said:
Porygon-X said:
Hey, I have a question myself. When are the IVs/Nature of the Genies decided?

I got two different answers back when I asked the question.

I would really like to to exactly when it happens, so I can RNG. Thank you. :)

Please guys, my question still stands. I really would like to know, as I don't have much time before the tournament. Thanks! :)

I know that the genies' nature (not Landorus) are determined at the cutscene. As for the IVs, they probably are determined at the same time, but I don't know.

It would be reasonable to assume IVs are determined at the same time, since all components of a pokemon's data structure should be generated simultaneously. IVs and natures are both held as bytes at certain offsets inside the data structure.

Interesting. Is it when the old lady takes you inside the house, or when you say "yes" to eating soup, or when the pokemon actually appears before you? Thanks very much for your help! :)

I belieeeeeeeeve it's when you actually see the Pokemon itself. I'm not sure; I'll go ask dragonexpert later for confirmation...

Thanks. Because there is a moment between the old lady talking, and you actually seeing your Genie. If you can save then it would help finding delay (if you even need it for what I'm doing) much easier. Or if nothing else, save a TON of time SRing.

Thank your for your time. :)

BTW, I really like your signature. Very cool.

I thought I remembered seeing this question in one of the other threads, but I dunno which. Hopefully it'll be easy though.

A friend of mine got a Japanese Pokemon and evolved it. It then had an English name. He was wondering if it then becomes an English Pokemon and if he can still use it for the Masuda method. Obviously if it DOES become an English Pokemon, it won't work. So the answer to the first question should also answer my second. :)

Er... To my knowledge, Pokemon can't be "domesticated". The OT and other factors still make it a Japanese Pokemon. Still, before you start to wildly hatch eggs, use the Everstone method to see if it is indeed foreign. If it is, the Everstone method will not work.

Hmmm...well crap. What might the Everstone method be? :p Something to do with breeding?

If you give the Female Pokémon the Everstone, there is a 50(?)% chance that the offspring will have the same nature as it's mother.

Back