BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Porygon-X said:
If you give the Female Pokémon the Everstone, there is a 50(?)% chance that the offspring will have the same nature as it's mother.

That's how it worked in 4th Gen. In 5th Gen, the gender discrepancy was eliminated, making things much, much easier. Now, the parent with the Everstone is the one who can pass down its nature, regardless of gender.

So how am I testing if it's foreign by passing down an ability?

If it's foreign, the Everstone trick won't work. So, you simply breed a few Pokemon (with the foreign Pokemon holding the Everstone), and see if their natures have a correlation to the (apparently) foreign Pokemon. If they don't, you have a foreign Pokemon, fully capable of the Masuda Method.

Is there any available way to get a dream world starter?

Iirk, not currently. I believe they were released as events in Japan. I'll check my files and see if I have any, and I'll PM you.

That's how it [Everstone] worked in 4th Gen. In 5th Gen, the gender discrepancy was eliminated, making things much, much easier. Now, the parent with the Everstone is the one who can pass down its nature, regardless of gender.
I think my life just got a whoooooooooooole lot easier.

Chariblaze said:
If it's foreign, the Everstone trick won't work. So, you simply breed a few Pokemon (with the foreign Pokemon holding the Everstone), and see if their natures have a correlation to the (apparently) foreign Pokemon. If they don't, you have a foreign Pokemon, fully capable of the Masuda Method.

Interesting. So the Everstone method doesn't work with foreign Pokemon...any idea why that is?

Because that's the way the game is programmed. I don't know why gamefreak does what they do.

Does anyone know how to get a dw starter?

Yeah, be patient and wait for the inevitable event that will take place that will allow us to obtain them. Or if you're lucky, maybe you can get it off someone with a Japanese game/is from Japan

I have the following Japanese DW starters.

DW's
Bulbasaur
Squirtle

Neither have been legit Checked, but if you are interested, PM me.

pokemon99 said:
Which parent do you have to give the power item to?
Either, no gender discrepancy in 4th or 5th Gen.
BigUm said:
Chariblaze said:

Interesting. So the Everstone method doesn't work with foreign Pokemon...any idea why that is?

I would speculate that it's a "Oh, Pokemon from the same language understand each other better and somehow pass on a nature native to them.". There is no real reason, of course. Just like there's no real reason for the Masuda Method to work.

How do you pass Pokerus from one of your Pokemon to another?

From my experience, you just have the pokemon with Pokerus in your party with
your other pokemon. Then it would automatically spread.

BrOkenICE said:

Thanks. Also, if a Pokemon has caught Pokerus before can it catch it again?

No it can't, but the effect of Pokerus will persist even after it's gone. It just won't spread.

BrOkenICE said:

This is pretty true, but from my experience, you have to enter a few wild Pokemon battles (it doesn't matter what you battle with, just that you have something with Pokerus and something you want it to spread to).

Back