BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

Indeed it is - there's a 5% chance of finding one in shaking grass in Lostlorn, Pinwheel, or the Abundant Shrine.

I was training my Scraggy with some Audino's and all of a sudden a female Liligant appears, lvl 17. I also manged to catch it.

Chariblaze said:
pokemon99 said:
I read somewhere that Gen 4-below pokemon get their names changed when shifted into B/W. Is this correct??

Only if you had changed their names before you transferred them. Not really, but partly. If you transfer, say, a TORCHIC, and evolve it in BW, it's name will not be COMBUSKEN, but rather, Combusken, to my knowledge. I know someone said something about this a while ago, but I don't remember who.
I tested this with a "GOLBAT" I migrated twice without nicknaming, and yes, its name changed to "Crobat" upon evolving. If it hasn't been nicknamed, the name will change when it evolves.

Just like how Japanese pokemon get their name turned back into english when they are evolved in an english game.

When its winter in Icirrus City,before the winter month ends,there are blizzards?Or blizzards appear randomly any day on winter?

I ask this because yesterday there was a Blizzard on Icirrus City...A nice sight lol

Blizzards appear randomly in Icirrus City in winter, but at the very least, it's always snowing and there are always snowfalls.

A few questions.

1. Can you go back the Island of Dreams/Pleasant Forest more than once in the Pokemon Dream World?

2. How much boxes you have to fill before you can catch a Shiny/Good Natured/Good IV Reshiram/Zekrom?

3. Does the Matsuda Methiod apply this Generation?

4. Where do you find the Evolite, and how does it work?

@Zekroman: Read this.
@Jetpack:

1. Yes.
2. I think you're referring to encountering Reshiram/Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower? In that case, all 24 boxes must be filled by the time you battle N at N's Castle (after the Elite Four). It's much easier to soft-reset for a good one there, yes. Additionally, obtaining a shiny Reshiram/Zekrom is impossible.
3. Yes, and the odds have been improved to 6 in 8192 (as opposed to 4 in Gen-4).
4. Some guy in Castelia City, after your Pokedex has seen at least 25 Pokemon. (I forgot exactly where, but he's in a building.) If the Pokemon holding Eviolite is a not-fully-evolved Pokemon, its Def and SpDef increase by x1.5 in battle.

i asked about how u get to the other flores in Abisal ruins but when i talk to the stone to get past the first flore it wolnt move. Can u help me. Maybe i did someting wrong or talked to the wrong stone?

Porygon-X said:
Hey, I have a question myself. When are the IVs/Nature of the Genies decided?

I got two different answers back when I asked the question.

I would really like to to exactly when it happens, so I can RNG. Thank you. :)

arcanine227 said:
i asked about how u get to the other flores in Abisal ruins but when i talk to the stone to get past the first flore it wolnt move. Can u help me. Maybe i did someting wrong or talked to the wrong stone?

You probably didn't get to it fast enough (by steps, not in actual seconds). If this problem persists, refer to YouTube for plenty of walkthroughs (and if you don't want to choose, try this one).

Ok,I catched a Deerling in Autumn and Evolved it.As you can see,it obviously evolved into its Autumn Form.However,I have sent out my Sawsbuck outside on the Dragonspiral Tower grass to see if it changes form,and it didnt...Does this mean that the Form is permanent?Does this mean I have to cath another Deerling if I want it to be on its Winter Form?

I asked this question before and here's the answer:

~Go anywhere with your Deerling/Sawsbuck
~Save your game, with the deer in your party
~Soft reset/Hard reset
~When you load the save file, it will change forms.

How do you get that girl to change into zoroark

JC2 said:
How do you get that girl to change into zoroark

You'd need to bring one of the event Shiny Legendary Beasts (Raikou, Entei, or Suicune) from the Gamestop or Wi-Fi event to the Lostlorn Forest, and the woman will pop out of the trailer and challenge you as Zoroark.

I bred my female Zen Mode Darmanitan with Ditto and got an egg. When I hatched it, it had it's original ability, Hustle. When the Darumaka evolves, will it have Zen Mode?

No it won't.
A hidden ability has a 40% chance of passing down (from the mother), otherwise you end up with one of its regular abilities. Therefore, you want to be looking for a Darumaka with Inner Focus.

Back