BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

***n00b alert***

Ok so I've got a buddy in Canada whose FC I just got today. I've traded before, but with a friend who was literally a few feet from me.

Since GTS obviously works over longer distances, being that it's with random people, how would I trade with him? Just make sure that both of us are on WiFi, then enter the Union Room as usual and he should be there?

What is the average level for a team of 5 if I just beat the Flying-type gym leader?
Thanks!

@BigUm: Just so long as you both have each other's Friend Codes and log on at the same time, yes.
@Yoda: Low to mid-30s, usually.

@Yoda, it really depends on how much training you've done. You could be high 20's, to high 30's.

you should be at least the same level as the gym leader if not over there level

I disagree. You should, if training equally, be about 2-3 levels lower. If you really are lucky and use X items, you can be about 5-6 levels below.

How long would it take for a Pokemon to grow 10 levels in a daycare.

I want to complete my Pokedex, so I put my Ferroseed and Vullaby in the daycare, they've been there almost a week and my Ferroseed has grown by two levels and my Vullaby has grown one level. And the same result happened 3-4 days ago. What's going on, does it take a long time for them to level up? Is there a way I can help the process?

They level up as you walk.
Perhaps go back and forth on SkyArrow Bridge.

Leveling them up through the E4 or Audino grinding is faster than using the Daycare.

dmaster out.

Pokémon in the Day Care gain one experience point per step the player takes.

Depends on the level. SO if i put a lvl 99 mew and a lvl 1 eevee in the daycare, eevee will grow way faster. Easier to just train them.

There's no real reason. Game Freak just decided that (mostly) everything should be properly capitalized. I guess "Wild PIKACHU appeared!" got old after a while.

I read somewhere that Gen 4-below pokemon get their names changed when shifted into B/W. Is this correct??

pokemon99 said:
I read somewhere that Gen 4-below pokemon get their names changed when shifted into B/W. Is this correct??

Only if you had changed their names before you transferred them. Not really, but partly. If you transfer, say, a TORCHIC, and evolve it in BW, it's name will not be COMBUSKEN, but rather, Combusken, to my knowledge. I know someone said something about this a while ago, but I don't remember who.

I need help on which Water-type Pokemon I want. Seismitoad or Carracosta?

David21 said:
I need help on which Water-type Pokemon I want. Seismitoad or Carracosta?

I would pick Seismitoad, because he's part ground and is immune to electric attacks. But beware, he cannot use dive and carracosta can. (I came up with the same problem, so I chose both!)

Thanks,

Oh and is it rare to find a Liligant in shaking grass in Pinwheel forest?

Back