BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

JetpackPercy said:
Is it possible to get a Female DW Eevee(lution) legally?
Japanese players had (have?) access to the Pokemon Cafe area, which can give out Eevee of either gender.
So yes, it's legal. (I traded for one myself.)

Does the C-Gear skin have any affect on anything other than making the C-Gear look pretier?

Nope. The C-Gear skins don't do anything in terms how the C-Gear works [as far to my knowledge].

The Yoshi said:
@Ophie: We have tried multiple times to make sure we were not entering it incorrectly. I have no idea what is wrong.

What message do you get, specifically?

I've gotten all sorts of Friend Code related error messages, thanks to YouTube, which I've always resolved--I should be able to help you further if I know what's happening besides that the games are rejecting each other's Friend Code.

Actually, better yet, you can send me your Friend Code, and I will see if it works on my own game. Though it's best to tell me the messages you get anyway--when it comes to diagnoses, too much information is better than not enough information.

I get the message "The Friend Code is wrong." I could try sending my FC to you, if you wanted.

2 questions about Tornadus/Thundorus

1. If you encounter him and he flees is he gone for good or can you find him again?

2. If you encounter him and kill him is he gone for good or can you find him again?

1) Yes

2) ...I think so, but I believe you need to fulfill a criterion to get him to respawn. Not 100% sure on this.

If Tornadus or Thundurus flees from battle, he'll immediately appear somewhere else in Unova. You can pursue him wherever you find him. If you knock him out, you can get him to reappear by beating the Elite Four and talking to the woman on Route 7 about the legend again.

How long do planted berries last in the DW once they have berries on them? I am asking because I have some Lum berries in my field now but will not be able to pick them tonight. Will they last until tomorrow? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
How long do planted berries last in the DW once they have berries on them? I am asking because I have some Lum berries in my field now but will not be able to pick them tonight. Will they last until tomorrow? Thanks XD.:)
They'll last until you pick them. I've had berries that have sat there for weeks.

Oh really? I thought they died after a certain amount of time like in the 4th gen games where the collapse and then re generate XD. Are you sure they don't die XD?:)

I'm positive.

That's awesome. Thanks XD.:)

Quick question...
If you get the Movie 14 Zekrom event in Pokemon Black, then immidiatly trade it to Pokemon White, will the event in the Dream World still activate, and will the C-Gear skin still be downloadable, or is it exclusive to Black (and the other way around in Black with Resahiram)?

A question of my own...

If I have a copy of Black (or White), and I play it on a different DS, what happens to the people in my Black City (or White Forest)? Do they vanish, am I just delayed a day from talking to them, or are there no effects?

I'm guessing that the data is the same, because once you talk with people in other games via Entralink, your BC/WF data is saved to the game memory, not the DS.

What if you have the ones from the Netherlands like I do? Will these activate them as they are basically the same event. I have both the Reshiram and Zekrom so will I be able to get both skins XD? Thanks.:)

EDIT: I just checked Pokemon Secure's website and it says that you can tuck these in to the DW and it will activate the event no matter which area's they are from. If they had a farther statement about them then they foreign ones would not work. Looks like the ones from other areas will work XD.:)

EDIT 2: Our events will be downloadable on the 10th so we will be able to use those to get the skins as well but I am going to use my Netherlands events to try and get both of the skins XD.:)

Magnezone_Elf said:
I'm guessing that the data is the same, because once you talk with people in other games via Entralink, your BC/WF data is saved to the game memory, not the DS.
But the people in BC/WF react to you based on what time it is. Some things in the DS games will change if you change the time on your DS - for example, in Platinum, the gym leaders won't battle you for a whole day.

That's what I'm asking about. Will there be any adverse effects?

Oh, sorry, since its time-based it will change, because the DS's settings matter in time-based events, so it'll make you wait a day. Hope that answers your question :p

Back