BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

The Balm Mushroom can be sold to the maid in the trailer to the west of Nimbasa City. She'll accept any food items (including Shoal Salt). The Balm Mushroom is exceedingly rare though--you sure you want to sell it? You might not ever find another one. (You have a 1% chance of finding it on mushroom-related wild Pokémon.)

The maniac in question is in Undella Town. He's dressed like a Black Belt and is in the same house as that family that battles you. He's not actually a Black Belt--he just likes to dress like one--he's an eccentric millionaire who collects artifacts. If any item says that a "maniac" will buy it, it's this guy.

I forget--does this maid have a French accent?

I don't think so. Let me check.
/me turns DS on and rushes to Route 5
She does not have a French accent.

I hear that if you kill Reshiram/Zekrom the first time you battle it, you will be able to rebattle it over and over again in another location until you catch it- Is this true, if so can I just keep battling it to level up my pokemon.
I also hear that the best way to catch a shiny pokemon is with a timer ball- can someone explain.

I haven't done it, but I'm fairly sure KOing the dragon just puts you back at the castle, right in front. Yes, you could repeatedly battle it, but you'd never beat the game. Now if you battle it with a full party, and a full set of 24 full boxes in the PC, KOing it would send it to Dragonspiral Tower, which is "another location". I don't think you can repeatedly battle it there.

And as for the shiny thing, there's not any more strategy in ball choice than there is any Pokemon. Not sure where you heard the Timer Ball thing.

So the best thing to do is to just catch it the first time.
I think I heard about the timer ball on the shiny pokemon thread, but dosen't matter.

If you KO Reshiram or Zekrom in N's Castle, you get 0 Exp. Points, just so you know. You couldn't farm off it.

Another question, is there any way, what so ever, to get the liberty pass now?

(This is probabally a no-brainer) Will cloned pokemon via AR send up flags on the hack checks?

HMs CAN be forgotton via move deleter. There's one in Misloraton City in Black and White (I might've mispelt the city name).

EDIT: No Problem!

Red Striker said:
(This is probabally a no-brainer) Will cloned pokemon via AR send up flags on the hack checks?

If done right, I'm very sure it's no, it will not be flagged. Cloning just copies the direct code of a Pokemon that's already been generated by the game. It should be fine.

Pardon this nonsensical string of words: Can hidden abilities be passed on to an egg if the parent with the "hidden ability" normally has the ability as a first or second ability option? In other words, can a male Horsea with Swift Swim (holding Everstone), bred with a female Poliwag, pass on Swift Swim to the baby Poliwag? Or are hidden abilities not passed down this way? (I would try it myself but I don't want to waste my time if I can get a quick answer from someone who already knows.)

Ophie said:
The Balm Mushroom can be sold to the maid in the trailer to the west of Nimbasa City. She'll accept any food items (including Shoal Salt). The Balm Mushroom is exceedingly rare though--you sure you want to sell it? You might not ever find another one. (You have a 1% chance of finding it on mushroom-related wild Pokémon.)

The maniac in question is in Undella Town. He's dressed like a Black Belt and is in the same house as that family that battles you. He's not actually a Black Belt--he just likes to dress like one--he's an eccentric millionaire who collects artifacts. If any item says that a "maniac" will buy it, it's this guy.

I forget--does this maid have a French accent?

Does the Mushroom do anything or is it just there to sell XD? There are 2 of these within the game so I know where to get the other. I know about the dude in Undella town as I sold all my ruin items for like 3 million dollars XD plus I had a ton of flutes stashed too.:)

The mushroom is just there to be sold. Me, I just like to have at least 1 of each item in my inventory, so I wouldn't sell the Balm Mushroom unless I got a second one (which I eventually did). Same with the Comet Shard (which I also eventually did).

Of course, my inventory is also neatly categorized based on what sort of item it is--the Balm Mushrooms, Shoal Salt, Big Pearls, Nuggets, and so forth are all in the same place and in alphabetical order. But that's the way I am.

Red Striker said:

Chariblaze said:
If done right, I'm very sure it's no, it will not be flagged. Cloning just copies the direct code of a Pokemon that's already been generated by the game. It should be fine.

Unless, of course, the Pokémon you intend to clone is already not going to pass a hack check.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Pardon this nonsensical string of words: Can hidden abilities be passed on to an egg if the parent with the "hidden ability" normally has the ability as a first or second ability option? In other words, can a male Horsea with Swift Swim (holding Everstone), bred with a female Poliwag, pass on Swift Swim to the baby Poliwag? Or are hidden abilities not passed down this way? (I would try it myself but I don't want to waste my time if I can get a quick answer from someone who already knows.)

Abilities are passed down purely by chance. Having both parents with the same ability doesn't increase or decrease the chance of the offspring having that ability, and neither does any Hold Item. In this case, you're still going to have a 60% chance of hatching Poliwags with Swift Swim because the female Poliwag has Swift Swim.

DNA said:
I don't think so. Let me check.
* DNA turns DS on and rushes to Route 5
She does not have a French accent.

And lastly, bummer. I somehow thought she would say something like, "Allo. I am jzust a seemple handmaid. I love to cook for my mastair. Do you ave any ingredients for zhe cookeeng? I will buy zhem from you!"

Ophie said:
Abilities are passed down purely by chance. Having both parents with the same ability doesn't increase or decrease the chance of the offspring having that ability, and neither does any Hold Item. In this case, you're still going to have a 60% chance of hatching Poliwags with Swift Swim because the female Poliwag has Swift Swim.

Oh right, everstone is for passing down natures, not abilities... but in my scenario, the female Poliwag doesn't have Swift Swim, it's the male (which is not a Poliwag). Basically, I can't get a Poliwag with Swift Swim unless a female Poliwag has the ability?

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Oh right, everstone is for passing down natures, not abilities... but in my scenario, the female Poliwag doesn't have Swift Swim, it's the male (which is not a Poliwag). Basically, I can't get a Poliwag with Swift Swim unless a female Poliwag has the ability?
That is correct. In order to pass down a Pokemon's hidden ability, the female parent must have the hidden ability for that line. It doesn't matter what the name of the ability is - it just has to be the hidden one. Horsea's hidden ability is not Swift Swim (it's Damp), and thus that won't affect the chances at all.

Is it true you can Soft Reset at the Entree Forest to get a Pokemon of the correct nature/EVs etc.?

well, you can save outside the Entralink but you can't save inside it. Also, Synchronize doesn't work in the Entralink.
It's like soft-resetting for a Nintendo event, but it takes longer.

Back