BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

How long does it take for an egg to be produced at the day care (non stop walking)? And can you pick up more than one egg at a time?

Egg production depends on a few things, namely species, ID, and gender. But if you know that, and you're asking if there is a set way to gauge when you'll get an egg, then no. It's all based on cycles, which are 256 steps last I checked. Upon every cycle, the RNG decides whether or not an egg will be created. If one isn't, another cycle will have to pass, and the process will continue until an egg is produced. And no, you can't pick up more than one egg at a time, as there can only be one in the daycare at a time.

Okey then. So if you continiuasly walk, run, or bike (no pokemon battle interfierence) how long should 256 steps take? Is the cycles needed to produce an egg the same as hatching that egg?

Er, four runs on the horizontal path from the edge of Route 3 near Striaton to the cave, maybe?

Gonna lose some weight now. I think I ninjad you with my last question.

No, I meant four runs back and forth on that horizontal path is probably around 256 steps.

No, hatching is entirely different; it's actually fixed. There's a specific number of cycles needed to hatch the egg, where as producing is random. Bulbapedia will probably be your best bet for seeing the number of cycles needed for each Pokemon (Chimchar, for example, needs 21 cycles).

One more note on that, if you want to speed up hatching (not producing) times, put something with the ability Flame Body in your party with the eggs. It halves the number of cycles needed to hatch the egg.

I believe you can unlink the account, and relink it with yours. If you can't, I bet erasing the save data would work.

I have a question. So [mod]Glaceon[/mod] and I were trying to exchange Friend Codes on our gaming systems, but it wouldn't work. Here's what we know/did:

• I am using Black, he is using White
  • We tried multiple times to make sure no # was incorrect
  • I am using a 3DS, I don't know what he is using
  • We are both using our Friend Code directly from the Pal Pad
  • (The problem is that the Friend Code is inaccessible)
  • When we tried to enter it, the system said "The Friend Code is wrong."

That's all the info I can provide/remember. Please help, and thanks.

If it says that the Friend Code is wrong, then it means one or both of you have sent the wrong code to each other. Look at the codes again and show them to each other again. This sometimes happens to me; it turned out that I typoed the code. I don't know what you mean by the Friend Code being inaccessible though. There should always be an option in the Pal Pad that lets you see your own Friend Code.

Does anybody know if the Everstone breeding trick works if you attach it to the male Pokémon now?

Yeah, it was changed in HGSS. Gender isn't a factor anymore. And in BW, it changed to allow foreign Pokemon. That may be inaccurate.

How do you unlink a game to the Global Link? Because when I originally bought Black, it had gotten hacked pokemon on it, and I reset it, but it wouldn't let me unlink it from the Dream World and everything. But I bought a used copy of White and connected it...

And in BW, it changed to allow foreign Pokemon.
What? I didn't know this. Proof, please.

@Ophie: We have tried multiple times to make sure we were not entering it incorrectly. I have no idea what is wrong.

Sounds like to me your friend codes are wrong and somehow they do not match properly and your games might have a glitch that prevents the codes from being saved correctly XD.:)

Depends on if the DW has it available on the PGL. Check Serebii for more details XD.:)

Back