BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

The answer is no, you can't bring Rock Climb over. I tried that with my PickUp Munchlax and the game didn't allow it.

When my friend transferred my 6 with HM's he somehow transferred them without deleting the HM moves. Mind you I had them transferred off of HG and not D/P/PL. When I received them they still had all their moves and their moves were still maxed out at the highest number. I don't know how he was able to transfer because last night I asked him how he did it and he said he did not know how it happened. They just transferred. I asked him if he deleted the moves and maxed them out before trading to me but he could not remember if he did as it was about 6 or so weeks ago when we transferred XD.:)

EDIT: How are the flutes used in B/W? Do they work like in 3rd gen or are they just there for the purpose of making money? I have tried to use them and all it says a maniac will buy them at a high price. Hope someone can help with this XD. Thanks.:)

xxashxx said:
EDIT: How are the flutes used in B/W? Do they work like in 3rd gen or are they just there for the purpose of making money? I have tried to use them and all it says a maniac will buy them at a high price. Hope someone can help with this XD. Thanks.:)

Unfortunately the flutes in Black and White no longer have their in-game effects and are really only used to sell to the Treasure Maniac.

That was what I supected but was not sure. That is too bad because I used to use these a lot in the past.:) Thanks XD.:)

Concerning the leveling down of Pokemon over level 50 for tournaments and pick-up battles over wi-fi; would it give me an advantage if I train my team to lv 100 even if they go back down to lv 50? Basically, do they just get their stats from when they were at lv 50 (making it useless to train them to 100), or would their stats be slightly boosted if I train them over lv 50?

Basically, do they just get their stats from when they were at lv 50 (making it useless to train them to 100)
^this

For the purpose of VGC and stuff, it doesn't matter what level you train them to; the EVs and IVs will still be the same when the level got changed, so it doesn't matter how high you raise them; as long as they have all the EVs that they need, they can be any level.

Of course, if your Pokemon gained IVs past level 50 and not before, then it would be advantageous to keep training them until they have all the EVs!

I've been wondering that for a while, and some said it was still advantageous, somehow. Like the Pokemon wouldn't see the full effects of the EVs until it was at 100, even with the leveling down. Thanks.

Alrighty, thanks. They're maxed out on EVs so this is good news for me. I'm trying to figure out a team for the upcoming tournament. Now that I know I can stop leveling them up it'll be a whole lot easier getting another team or individual Pokemon to lv 50 than 100. Time for a test drive...

I think in VGC rules they won't level up to 50, although I'm not 100% positive on that. To be safe I'd raise them to level 50, then work on someone else.

(I know in the Union Room they won't level up.)

Well, in online battles, if the Pokémon are below Level 50, they'll be at the levels they're at. I've seen a few of them. I'd presume the same will be for VGCs.

As long as your Pokémon are over Level 50 (or below Level 50 if your strategy counts on that) and have the EVs, moves, hold item, and evolutionary stage you want, then you're pretty much done with that Pokémon.

Are there battle options for level 100? Like with the GTS battle system? I was going to try it one day but not sure what Pokemon can or can't be used in what mode on the GTS XD.:)

There are local multiplayer and friend match options that let your Pokémon be whatever level they're at, which means that if your Pokémon are at Level 100, they'll show up as such in the battle. However, if you're going for Free or Ranked versus random opponents online, it'll always be Level 50 Flat. All official tournaments, whether offline or on (such as the 2012 International Championships), will also be at Level 50 Flat.

By the way, the GTS is the trading one. It stands for Global Trading System.

No I am talking about the Rainbow matchups for the GTS XD. The GTS also has a battle mode. Why only level 50 XD? Where did the level 100's go XD?:)

Because they're jerks.
That's really the only reason I have to give.

Yes it's fine to have the Flat Battle rules - just don't make that the ONLY auto-leveling/restrictive mode.

Oh ok XD.:)

Lets say you tuck in a pokemon and go to the dream world, make a wish at the tree, and exit without waking your pokemon. The next day you get on the dream world again and do the same thing over and over for a few days and when you you finally wake up your pokemon will you get all the pokemon you wished for sent to the entralink.

...wait...
...what?

Are you asking if this is possible, or are you saying you actually did this?

I know if you miss a day you can download 2 times but not sure past 2 days XD. For example you do the DW if it was one Pokemon. Then you wake it up go to the extralink collect your items and put your Pokemon asleep again. Wait 5 minutes to reload the data to the PGL then repeat again. I know you can do it if you miss a day but not sure how many days it allows you to do though XD.:)

I know when you're actually waking up your Pokemon, you only get 1 from the Dream Tree; to access the Island of Dreams you need to send that back. But sending a bunch of wished Pokemon back all at once? I don't think that's possible...

No you can't because once you pick from the tree it says you can't access the Island of Dreams until you have sent your Data to the Extralink. However you can send data then store your Pokemon in the forest but you have to get the items from the Girl before you can go to the Island of Dreams. I was having the exact same problem and posted here for like 10 days to figure all of it out XD.:)

Back