BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

I need a strong, helpful, and courageous move set for my Crustle. I'm going to restart my Pokemon White. Please list the moves, EV's. Thank you.

Can somebody answer?

I actually think Canada doesn't work with US Games for the Masuda Method because they're the same language. I can't remember but I think the UK is in the same boat...

It's easier with Japanese because that's a clearly different language.

dmaster out.

^ Correct.
The 2 Pokemon that you breed must be different from places with different LANGUAGES.
Also, if you just nickname a Ditto with lots of random Japanese characters, the game won't take it as a Masuda Method compatible Pokemon. Check the GTS; there are plenty of Japanese people looking for English Dittos for the Masuda Method, just like you. :)

Robot3300 said:
It seems like one of my questions has been being ignored, so I will post it again.

I really want to do Wi-Fi battles, but it just won't let me. I use my normal in-game team, that you can see in my signature, but it says "There was something wrong with your pokemon and you could not participate" or something along those lines. My Wi-Fi signal is perfectly fine and nothing is wrong. What's going on?

Do you have a Pokemon with the move Sky Drop perchance?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop_glitch

Ok, so my game keeps freezing everytime I try to trade with someone....it'll say "ThisPerson wants to join you!" so I press A naturally to accept, and it doesn't do anything. So I start pressing other random buttons and it doesn't work. This hasn't happened before, it was only yesterday. It worked perfectly fine, but now it's just weird >.< what happened and how do I fix it?

@ ILMP(if that's fine with you) the solution is simple. Don't talk to each other at the same time. If you both press "a" at each other at approximately the same time, it won't work. Have one person talk, the other one wait.

Dark Kitsune said:
Robot3300 said:
It seems like one of my questions has been being ignored, so I will post it again.

I really want to do Wi-Fi battles, but it just won't let me. I use my normal in-game team, that you can see in my signature, but it says "There was something wrong with your pokemon and you could not participate" or something along those lines. My Wi-Fi signal is perfectly fine and nothing is wrong. What's going on?

Do you have a Pokemon with the move Sky Drop perchance?
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Drop_glitch

Thanks. My Rufflet has Sky Drop. Such an awesome move by the way. I'll probably teach it something else for Wi-Fi and re learn it afterward. Thanks!

What is the perfect nature for these pokemon:

Serperior
Stoutland
Musharna
Chandelure
Hydreigon

Can the Masuda Method still be done even if you breed a non-shiny and a Foreign Ditto?

^

Yes.The masuda method is to breed any foreign pokemon with another pokemon from your game(English and Japanese, English and spanish, spanish and japanese).

Also, in Gen 5, the masuda method as a 1/1300 (I dont know the last 2 digits, but its something along the lines of 1/3000)

Odds are 6 in 8192, which can also be expressed as 1 in roughly 1366. -Chariblaze, the corrector of useless facts

How do you RNG,and what does it mean specifically?(I know that it means Random Number Generator.I try to say that what does its use mean.NO,I know that it makes Random Numbers,but how can it lets you get shinies,or whatever?I have seen in some trade threads that people offer shinies,and people say:"Are these RNG´ed?",or something like that.)

I don't think there's a discovered method for Gen 5 games to abuse RNG yet.

I was going to connect to PGL but I don't have Wi-fi. I went to Braums to obtain my Game Sync ID in order to connect to PGL. I connected to Braums Wi-fi, but, here's the problem. I need a WEP key? Help somebody?

That means the wifi network that you're trying to connect to is password protected and you need the passkey in order to access the wifi network

So, technically if I visit McDonald's I'm not going to need the WEP Key?

They have cracked 5th Gen RNG. (Quite a while ago actually.)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83057

dmaster out.

Back