The Storms ~ This format was ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! No more "I want this card in Call of Legends" posts

If we get the new Black/White cards in May, will "pokemon catcher" kill Luxchomp?

(Pokemon Catcher
Trainer’s – Goods
Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.)

RE: The Storms ~ This format is ours! No more "I want this card in Call of Legends" posts

It definitely could replace Luxray as a tech in many decks. The only problem I see with this compared to Luxray is that Pokemon Catcher can't play around Spiritomb/Vileplume, while Luxray can.

This set just looks so awful, noting however pokemon seems to want a "slower" metagame but tbh this set makes me miss SPs, i know everyone hates donks and whatnot but looking at these cards i think i'll be missing them.

On another note i like that one trainerlocking pokemon, pokemon catcher and the SR versions of Reshiram/Zekrom have awesome artwork.

Which trainer lock Pokemon?

Pokemon Catcher is great in Gyarados.

Gothruzelle, the psychic stage two w/ 130 HP.

It's not great but then again neither is much of the set imo.

Pokemon catcher and the max revive are GREAT in gyarados. Also Proffessor Araagi will be a staple in many decks although right now Oak's outclasses it. It's pretty good in gyarados since you can discard a hand containing three magikarps and get draw power.

Love the new set with Pokemon Catcher.

Also I got 1st at a cities today with Steelix w/ Metagross LA tech. I got 4 of every t/s/s plus Machamp, Gengar, and Mew Prime. Also 2 Nidoking, a RH Nidoqueen, 4 Rescue Energy, and both halves of DPL. Not a bad day.

I did an awful job. I got very unlucky. I ended 2-3 :(

Gliscor made Top Cut.

How did you do?

I had a poor outing this weekend too. 2-3. My first sub .500 tournament this year.

Looks like the "improvements" I've made aren't helping to much.

I got 2nd place with Gyarados last Saturday. In the T2 match, the first two matches took a nice 20 minutes, and the last one went well past the three extra turns from 30+3. I was up against Vilepluff. I lost due to a misplay of playing Karp when I shouldn't have later in the game.

Congrats on top, probably playing Gyarados at my City's Saturday. I think I'll go with no Luxray, but Call Energy instead. Also, I've been trying out a 3/1 Smeargle/Sableye split, so if I can start Smeargle and use their Pokemon Collector, I can use impersonate the same turn, or better yet use Call Energy.

i was close to top in my CC, but i whiffed in my last game, a uxie start and if i had had an energy i would've won, but at least i beat Austin Reed, so i ended up going 3-3 and picking up 10 points, at ours we had a t8 cut where all 4-2's cut except one and i would've got in b/c i was paired up every single round and faced only one person w/ a losing record :p
oh well, i've got two next weekend(the 8th and 9th)

I went 2-3 at my cities :( I lost 8 points.

Well, I have 1 more.

I wish I could go to the cities next weekend, but I have a wrestling tourny.

I'm going to a Cities on the 9th. Is anyone else going to any other cities?

No more for me :(
I cannot wait for States! haha

I won my second City's yesterday with Gyarados. Might be going to one on either the 8th or 9th, I forget, probably just going to keep playing Gyarados.

Nice Job Mini.
DGX tech, or?

I have two more cities (hopefully, I can at least get to one of them)
Other than my 5-1 cities to start the season, I've been off my game with 3-2 and 2-3.

Hopefully, returning to an earlier built style will help.

Nope, no DGX, but instead Mesprit Lock with extra Seekers and more Smeargle than Sableye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back