XY The Two Legendary Pokémon

RE: The Two Legendary Pokemon

o.o What....?

Xerneas is the elk/stag legendary Pokemon of generation 6 for Pokemon X. For Pokemon Y, you have Yveltal (the flying Y shaped one (I refuse to call it a bird)).

I wonder what their shiny forms would look like(and assuming we can actually get shiny mascots again)?

My guesstimate would be, Yveltal will be gold (like how Groudon was red and black and it's shiny form was black and gold) and Xerneas may be a darker shade like Cobailon.

If not, Xerneas could be a light teal with white accents and Yveltal could be dark purple with a lighter black (Purple means death in some cultures, right?)

TomoEGoto said:
(Purple means death in some cultures, right?)

I like the purple idea. Its a color of royalty in the UK, or at least England.

But yeah, I think these may be my favorite Legendaries. I love that they aren't godlike and look like they fit, like Water Pokemon Master said. I felt that the last couple of generations made too many meaningless legendaries. Most of them looking like they didn't belong within the pokemon world. I can really see Yveltal coming out of a cave in a mountain to gracefully fly over the cities to check on the life there and Xerneas elegantly walking through forests checking on nature and the woodland pokemon.

Very happy about the Legendaries. Looking to be my favorite generation.

Purple means death in some places? I only ever got told it meant Royalty.

The problem I have with these Legendaries, is they look more like Evolutions, as they look less detailed.

I don't think the main legends will be able to be shiny.

Blob55 said:
Purple means death in some places? I only ever got told it meant Royalty.

The problem I have with these Legendaries, is they look more like Evolutions, as they look less detailed.

Found it.
"In Thailand, purple is worn by a widow mourning her husband's death"
Excerpt from a website.

Another from Wikipedia (Don't call me on this)

"In 16th century England, purple was the color for the final stage of mourning, according to Mark Twain in his first attempt at historical fiction, "The Prince and the Pauper""

"More recently especially during Victorian times and even to some extent today, for the first year following a death ('deep mourning') black is worn by close relatives and this is gradually replaced by other dark colors (during 'half mourning'or 'Secondary Mourning'), often by purple or dark green trimmed with black"

So... in some ways, purple does symbolize death as well as royalty.

Blob55 said:

so you're saying they should be over designed and giant like the previous mascots?

^I prefered the previous legendaries precisely because of that, so what?

Anyway, Reshiram also looks more feminine and Zekrom more masculin, yet both are genderless, so I doubt these 2 will have gender.

Also, lol about that 666 thing... We already have our 666 pokémon, it's Giratina...

Metalizard said:

Anyway, Reshiram also looks more feminine and Zekrom more masculin, yet both are genderless, so I doubt these 2 will have gender.

Also, lol about that 666 thing... We already have our 666 pokémon, it's Giratina...

actually, Reshiram was more regal, and zekrom was more wild

and we're talking about ACTUAL POKEMON #666 not POKEMON #487, WITH NO OBVIOUS CLUES TO BEING THE DEVIL WITHOUT PEOPLE KNOWING THE FULL HIDDEN STORY
wow that was WAAAAY too big to be used in caps... made me seem rather rude

Giratina origin has 6 tentacle things and 6 spike things, while Altered has 6 legs.

Yveltal - Dark/Flying or Dragon/Flying
Xerneas - Grass/Dragon or Grass/Psychic

I hope Xerneas isn't Grass/Psychic. That typing has eight weaknesses (including a 4x).

Trainerhan1 said:
Giratina origin has 6 tentacle things and 6 spike things, while Altered has 6 legs.

ya, but we're talking about National Dex numbers. Besides, Giratina was intended to be the devil pokemon.

also, if by spike things, you mean the things in it's neck... and you're inclusing both forms for the total count, then that makes it 12. if you mean the spikes on the body, that's origin only, making it 10. if you wanna say "oh, but it's got 6 legs, 6 claws, and 6 neck things in the altered, and 6 wings, 6 claws, and 6 neck things in the origin" then, you're just basically saying that, because it happens to have 6 of 3 things in both forms, it's instantly the devil.
drapion has 6 blue spots, 6 dark purple drop shaped parts, and 6 light purple drop shaped parts. hippowdon has 6 back holes, 6 whisker holes, and 6 normal teeth. Vespiquen has 6 black spots, 6 honeycombs, and 6 yellow parts. etc etc
because these all have 6 of 3 things, they're also devils now.

Anyway, Xerneas's feet look like swords to me so I think it will probably be part steel.

FloodBadge said:
Metalizard said:

actually, Reshiram was more regal, and zekrom was more wild

and we're talking about ACTUAL POKEMON #666 not POKEMON #487, WITH NO OBVIOUS CLUES TO BEING THE DEVIL WITHOUT PEOPLE KNOWING THE FULL HIDDEN STORY
wow that was WAAAAY too big to be used in caps... made me seem rather rude

Your wrong on that part Masuda specifically states during press releases and interviews Reshiram was designed to be more feminine and Zekrom more masculine. While I don't deny the whole Regal/Wild thing Metalizard was on the money with his statement.

Aquapulse said:
SquirtleSquirtle said:
I can't pronnounnce Yveltal. Can someone say it in a video or something? Lol.

WPM already explained how to pronounce both names on the main page (assuming it's offical). Check it out.

Hohoho, it's definitely official. Oddly enough, Pokemon tweeted/whatever official pronunciations: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/289143489537642497

King Arceus said:
Well it could be a dark type also. Dark represents evil.

Yeah, the Dark Type is literally the Evil Type in Japan. Could be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4FfOM8_RXE
see? the mirror is a hint to something! maybe they'll have some Xerneas and Yveltal related stuff for X and Y respectively?

Wow. The legendaries names are awesome!! Honestly, I think Xerneas, I'm thinking Grass/ Steel or maybe Psychic/ Steel?? Yveltal Without a doubt has to be Dark/ flying. I mean come on!! look at how menacing it looks! Hahaha! I like how everyone is talking about #666 Pokemon in the Pokedex! In my opinion, Game Freak will probably ignore it or even better, make a Pokemon that is super lucky and try and makes any superstition go away or something of the sort. >o<

Back