XY The Two Legendary Pokémon

RE: The Two Legendary Pokemon

Any ideas as to the origins of their names? My mythology sleuthing has turned up nothing!

No clue. But in my honest opinion, I find it hard to say "Yveltal" without a Russian accent. If you contact Mist, he should reply the same.

I picture Yveltal being a Dark/Psychic or Dark/Dragon. And Xerneas being Grass/Dragon.

BassoonBro said:
I picture Yveltal being a Dark/Psychic or Dark/Dragon. And Xerneas being Grass/Dragon.

Um, the two aren't dragons in species, and if Game Freak makes them dragon, there will be more than a few people not all that happy, seeing as most of the main Legendaries lately have been dragon.

I swear it's like they just game them names with the idea that they have to start with X or Y. Thus giving us these strange sounding names. Yveltal is awkward to pronounce and xerneas sounds like a disease that affects your bones or something. At least it sounds cool than Yveltal.
I think with good time the names will grow on me. The legends themselves are well designed at least.

Hopefully Xerneas and Yvetal are Grass Psychic and Flying Psychic (or grass dark, flying dark) but please let them be anything but dragon. I'm sick of dragon in general. It was better when there were 10-14 or something dragons so it was rare in the pre-sinnoh days. It's just to common to be considered even tolerable anymore, especially when every single legendary thus far have been dragons, and there are a ton of non-legendary dragon types.

Freezing Blizzard said:
No clue. But in my honest opinion, I find it hard to say "Yveltal" without a Russian accent. If you contact Mist, he should reply the same.

dude, it's like how you cant say Australia without the accent!

I see the bird being Dark/Flying or Dark/Fire and the Stag being Normal/Grass Grass/Psychic or Water/Psychic for some reason.

Ysmir said:
I see the bird being Dark/Flying or Dark/Fire and the Stag being Normal/Grass Grass/Psychic or Water/Psychic for some reason.

It wouldn't be fair if the bird is actually dark/flying (or flying/dark) and the stag's grass/psychic...

The bird will owns the stag forever and ever.

FloodBadge said:
Freezing Blizzard said:

dude, it's like how you cant say Australia without the accent!

If you didn't know better you'd think it would be a Russian word. I can't say dialga or palkia without sounding like freaking Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Ok then how about Dark Flying for the bird and Grass Steel for the Stag?

Freezing Blizzard said:
BassoonBro said:

Um, the two aren't dragons in species, and if Game Freak makes them dragon, there will be more than a few people not all that happy, seeing as most of the main Legendaries lately have been dragon.

Which is what led me to believe they might be part Dragon type. Blob55, a moderator, also thinks they could both be part Dragon.

[private]^ lol ~ES[/private]

I honestly love both of these legendaries. Although I do like Yveltal more, (so far he's one of my favorite pokemon :3) Xerneas is still pretty awesome, and really well designed. If I were to guess types, Yveltal would be either Dark/Flying or Dark/Psychic considering the vibe i get from him, that threatening feel, and the glow of it. Xerneas is a bit more tricky in my opinion... I would at first be led to believe Grass/Psychic or Steel/Psychic (because of the physical features and the fact that its a elk type animal) but when you think about it, if Yveltal was the assumed types, he would have a massive advantage over Xerneas and I think Gamefreak will want to kind of put them on an equal playing field... So really, its anyone's guess.

Darkraian10 said:
I honestly love both of these legendaries. Although I do like Yveltal more, (so far he's one of my favorite pokemon :3) Xerneas is still pretty awesome, and really well designed. If I were to guess types, Yveltal would be either Dark/Flying or Dark/Psychic considering the vibe i get from him, that threatening feel, and the glow of it. Xerneas is a bit more tricky in my opinion... I would at first be led to believe Grass/Psychic or Steel/Psychic (because of the physical features and the fact that its a elk type animal) but when you think about it, if Yveltal was the assumed types, he would have a massive advantage over Xerneas and I think Gamefreak will want to kind of put them on an equal playing field... So really, its anyone's guess.

Well, you never know. Kyogre had a huge Advantage over Groudon, and maybe not type wise but attack wise lugia had an advantage over ho-oh.

Zoroark316 said:
Darkraian10 said:

Well, you never know. Kyogre had a huge Advantage over Groudon, and maybe not type wise but attack wise lugia had an advantage over ho-oh.

Oh, true! I never really thought of them... But I if they do do that again, i doubt Xerneas would be grass/psychic, just because if Yveltal was Dark/Flying, i think a double type advantage would be a bit too big of an advantage for mascots. I could be wrong, but that's what I feel.

Ghost flying and dark grass might make it better. That way Yvetal may have an advantage in type 2, but Xerneas will have the advantage in type 1.

This may call for light type being added. Light would be supereffective against dark, and so Xerneas would be light/grass, and Yvetal would be dark flying.

If I wanted a type to be added, I would like it to be another thing that isn't Light. I don't dislike Light but I would like some other type.

They seem to be Dark/Flying and Grass. I don't think that Xerneas will have another type. It may have it but it seems more like pure Grass other than Grass/Psychic or Grass/Steel.

Zoroark316 said:
This may call for light type being added. Light would be supereffective against dark, and so Xerneas would be light/grass, and Yvetal would be dark flying.

Yes. That right there is perfect. Great idea! :D

Back