XY The Two Legendary Pokémon

RE: The Two Legendary Pokemon

When I heard talk of a light type being added during the beginnings of the 5th gen, I thought that was rediculous. I was like no way! Now, however, I can actually see it. That would be really cool! A Light type. That would definitely change things up. I like it. :D

Flygon2071 said:
If I wanted a type to be added, I would like it to be another thing that isn't Light. I don't dislike Light but I would like some other type.

They seem to be Dark/Flying and Grass. I don't think that Xerneas will have another type. It may have it but it seems more like pure Grass other than Grass/Psychic or Grass/Steel.

Possibly... I really hope they reveal these type combos soon... I really wanna know now!

BassoonBro said:
Zoroark316 said:
Yvetal would be dark flying.

What about a dark and fire? That would also work.

Yes, maybe, but its hard to imagine a bird pokemon NOT being flying type partly. But, this may be the exception to that rule, as that seems very probable, but I agree with darkraian, that I also need to know for sure, because there are so many, yet so few possibilities for even Matchups.

Zoroark316 said:
BassoonBro said:

Yes, maybe, but its hard to imagine a bird pokemon NOT being flying type partly. But, this may be the exception to that rule, as that seems very probable, but I agree with darkraian, that I also need to know for sure, because there are so many, yet so few possibilities for even Matchups.

Exactly... I also think Dark/Fire would be a possibility if it were given levitate as an ability, but as zoroark said, it is hard to imagine it not being flying.

BassoonBro said:
Zoroark316 said:
Yvetal would be dark flying.

Well it has more an appearance and vibe of a dark type and it seems like it would be an obvious flying type, I mean, just look at it! Awesomeness! :) plus I think they are realising they need a new legendary dark type because currently we only have darkrai whom I love (and of course arceus holding a plate) but we should definitely add more! It will further even out the legendary type balance that way. And though a ghost type here seems unfitting with appearance, it would also even the playing field a bit more, as well as grass. Plus if Xerneas was steel/grass as some people are implying, Yveltal would have a double advantage

Darkraian10 said:
Zoroark316 said:

Exactly... I also think Dark/Fire would be a possibility if it were given levitate as an ability, but as zoroark said, it is hard to imagine it not being flying.

Yeah you guys are right. Though, I was surprised to find out Flygon wasn't a flying type. Even with a name like that. Man, I really want to know their types. I hate (and love at the same time) this waiting.

dark arceus said:
BassoonBro said:

Well it has more an appearance and vibe of a dark type and it seems like it would be an obvious flyingtflying type, I mean, just look at it! Awesomeness! :) plus I think they are realising they need a new legendary dark type because currently we only have darkrai whom I love (and of course arceus holding a plate) but we should definitely add more! It will further even out the legendary type balance that way. And though a ghost type here seems unfitting with appearance, it would also even the playing field a bit more, as well as grass. Plus if Xerneas was steel/grass as some people are implying, Yveltal would have a double advantage

True, and I couldn't agree more with more Dark types! (as anyone can tell I kinda love them :D)

BassoonBro said:
Darkraian10 said:

Yeah you guys are right. Though, I was surprised to find out Flygon wasn't a flying type. Even with a name like that. Man, I really want to know their types. I hate (and love at the same time) this waiting.

Well, I think if it was dragon type, you could get away with not being flying someone's, you know?

Zoroark316 said:
BassoonBro said:

Well, I think if it was dragon type, you could get away with not being flying someone's, you know?

Yeah, I get you. Maybe Dragon/Dark and Dragon/Light? Those are really far-fetched. Haha.

BassoonBro said:
Zoroark316 said:

Yeah, I get you. Maybe Dragon/Dark and Dragon/Light? Those are really far-fetched. Haha.

Yeah. Seems a bit farfetch'd haha. I don't know if Yvetal really has the dragon vibe. I mean look at the face, more of a bird like thing.

mascot1.jpg

Edit: LOL at the big 'does not represent actual game footage' tag.

Zoroark316 said:
BassoonBro said:

Yeah. Seems a bit farfetch'd haha. I don't know if Yvetal really has the dragon vibe. I mean look at the face, more of a bird like thing.

Lol. Neither does this:
329Vibrava.png

I mean, thats a Bug not a Dragon. Yes, I get it, Dragon Fly, but those aren't dragons.

about the new type thing, an Astro, Light, Virus, or Digital type is a horrible idea.

Astro seems to be what people just want Deoxys and Palkia to be
Light is what people want to be the type that's powerful attacking dark and vise versa
Virus and Digital seem to be more Porygon related

all 3 are bad ideas because
Astro wouldn't be for many pokemon unless they made quite a few space pokemon, and there's already a few space related pokemon (Clefairy, Deoxys, Palkia), but that would make it seem very unfair, like there should be a type for time for pokemon lik Dialga

Light is bad because it's extremely unoriginal, it seems to be exactly like dark, except it's weak to and strong against it, strong against ghost and poison, and weak against bug and psychic (basically, reversed weaknesses). besides, what kind of moves could it have? most likely it would be mainly status moves, and maybe a special or two.

Virus and Digital are extremely close to Digimon. it's bad enough people get them confused from time to time, but think of how many pokemon would even use the type. Maybe just the Porygon family, and possibly Genesect

BassoonBro said:
Zoroark316 said:

Lol. Neither does this:
329Vibrava.png

I mean, thats a Bug not a Dragon. Yes, I get it, Dragon Fly, but those aren't dragons.

dragonfly

duh
it's a joke about the name

BassoonBro said:
Zoroark316 said:

Lol. Neither does this:

This too:
334Altaria.png

[attachment=6891]
BassoonBro said:
BassoonBro said:
Lol. Neither does this:

This too:
334Altaria.png

Altria does share some features.

[attachment=6891]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 27

Zoroark316 said:
BassoonBro said:
Altria does share some features.

Fanon:Ginga_Densetsu_Avatar_2:_Dragon's_Winter

o_O Am I looking at the right picture? I honestly don't see a resemblence. But I'm glad to see your an Avatar fan. Can't wait for Book 2: Spirits to start!

Mostly in the neck and the body, but it is covered by clouds, and the two streamer things on its head are like horns. Altria also did evolve from a normal flying bird pokemon, though, keeping in mind, so it will also share many bird like features.

Retro_on_theGo said:
xerneas sounds like a disease that affects your bones or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernia

^In Portuguese, we say it "hérnia", which sounds pretty much like Xerneas.

-----------------

@FloodBadge and others: Dudes, I'm serious, you don't wanna start a discussion about that dragon thing... Just because in english you say "dragonfly", it doesn't make it a dragon. In fact, Vibrava isn't even a dragonfly, it's an ant-lion adult stage. It's an insect. I get seriously mad when someone comes up with that dragonfly crap of an argument to justify that they turned an insect into a dragon-type when there's a real european dragon out there which isn't Dragon-type when it should be... So, I'm stop right here and not say anything else other than telling you to leave that discussion out of this thread...

edit: btw, why the heck would the elk be a dragon-type? lol

You both are right. This is the bulbapedia description:
"Vibrava is based on the adult stage of an antlion. Often the adult antlion and dragonfly are confused with one another, and Vibrava could draw inspiration from both. In fact, some species of dragonflies are commonly called "sand dragons", which could account for Vibrava and Flygon's typing."

I'm quite adamant that Yveltal will be Dark/Flying, although I'm not too sure what Xerneas' typing will be. I'm thinking it will be Psychic/Grass, because when you see the scene where it steps its foot forward, it is a black leg surrounded in a white aura?(at least that's what I think it is). But I have a hunch it could have a Steel typing.

While we're still on puns, I'll say that I hope they shed some LIGHT on a new type heh.

Back