XY Trainer Customization - What Items / Clothing Do You Want to See?

RE: Trainer Customization - What Items do you want to see?

I would like to see any of the following:
-Scarves
-Lab Coats
-Glasses in different styles (that you can wear on your face and not just your hat)
-Fun costume pieces (i.e. Masks, cloaks, etc.)
-Shirts with different pokemon on them (like the one Tierno is wearing)
-Jeans

I know it won't happen, but i want to dress like i actually do in real life:
Skinny jeans, shirts hoodies etc.

leecario said:

Those seem pretty basic, I'm sure they'll be in there.

For those others saying to not expect much, I don't know if you actually saw what the PSS has to offer, so let's take a look at customization:

june_new_p2_01_zps443f9d5f.jpg

Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
leecario said:

For those others saying to not expect much, I don't know if you actually saw what the PSS has to offer, so let's take a look at customization:

Yes, just from that picture we can tell that you can have different hairstyles/colors and remove items, like the hat.

Thief said:

Yes, just from that picture we can tell that you can have different hairstyles/colors and remove items, like the hat.

I don't think it really tells you you can remove the hat. I'm sure you can remove it but that doesn't really tell us that since the two without hats could easily be NPC persona's like in the other online Pokémon games in fact the one on the bottom is just a lass. The one at the top might be an actual customized character but it might just be a regular NPC.

Fee said:
Thief said:

I don't think it really tells you you can remove the hat. I'm sure you can remove it but that doesn't really tell us that since the two without hats could easily be NPC persona's like in the other online Pokémon games in fact the one on the bottom is just a lass. The one at the top might be an actual customized character but it might just be a regular NPC.

Callum/Serena is the player w/o the hat (err, Serena is the heroine without it and with a different hairstyle actually... i guess...)

FloodBadge said:
Fee said:

Callum/Serena is the player w/o the hat (err, Serena is the heroine without it and with a different hairstyle actually... i guess...)

That's a lass at the bottom of the page under passersby.
lass.jpg

The purple haired guy might be Callum with an alternate outfit but it might also be another NPC character. Callum and Serena appear without the hats in their NPC rival versions, but they haven't been shown without it in their actual player controlled versions.

Fee said:
FloodBadge said:

lass.jpg

The purple haired guy might be Callum with an alternate outfit but it might also be another NPC character. Callum and Serena appear without the hats in their NPC rival versions, but they haven't been shown without it in their actual player controlled versions.

what if the NPC's actually use clothes and such you can wear? lots of games like MMO's, Sims, some in Saints Row 3, etc. do that!

I'd like to be able to dress as past heroes, I suppose. I want my character to be able to wear her hair in a ponytail, like the rival does.
Just... like. I want my player to be able to wear jeans for a change, for the female. I'm getting tired of the skirts. And I think the different clothing for different seasons thing is an interesting concept. Would sort of remind me of Harvest Moon games, but whatevs. I love HM.

leecario said:

I would love to dress like I do. Skinny jeans, plain shirt, cardigan, etc.

Anyone else see the Fletchling tailpin? All over that.

I'm sick of the skirts too. At least this one's not as bad as May [size=-5][these are supposed to be 10yr olds! why are they dressing female players like sluts??? I mean really, they dont go halfway to her knees! Put some pants on like the overly dressed male player of the gen (real shorts /and/ pants). Yeah White had it bad too but she's somewhat older. Still don't like it but whatever, cant have everything][/size][mini rant please ignore]
[Actually this gen's skirt is kinda neat. Will likely ending up changing it though.]

Ahem, anyway, maybe we can change the colors of certain items too? Clothing items, like. Even if they don't, I hope we have a huge amount of clothing variety to choose from. Like, perhaps 50-100 things in most/all categories. Dunno

FloodBadge said:
Fee said:
lass.jpg

what if the NPC's actually use clothes and such you can wear? lots of games like MMO's, Sims, some in Saints Row 3, etc. do that!

To go along with this, maybe certain trainers could give you a spare item of clothing they have with them as a prize?
I can see Gym Leaders giving out outfits as opposed to TMs, but I don't think that'll happen.

I really hope the colors of the items are customizable. Even if there's just something like 10 or so color options for them I'd really like that.

I'm thinking that there's gonna be a few clothing options at the beginning of the game, and that as we progress through the game we get more options.

I'd like it if there was a connection between actions you do in the game and the kind of clothing and accessories you can get. Unlock a winter coat or scarf by visiting a cold city, maybe by the mountains; catch X number of Flying-type pokémon to unlock the Fletchling pin; etc. You could play around with this a lot, and I think it would be a nice way of giving people options without just overwhelming them, as well as giving people another sort of goal to work towards.

P.DelSlayer said:
FloodBadge said:

To go along with this, maybe certain trainers could give you a spare item of clothing they have with them as a prize?
I can see Gym Leaders giving out outfits as opposed to TMs, but I don't think that'll happen.

I really hope the colors of the items are customizable. Even if there's just something like 10 or so color options for them I'd really like that.

I'm thinking that there's gonna be a few clothing options at the beginning of the game, and that as we progress through the game we get more options.

The hair the clothes and the face is the same. They might offer the clothing option but what you see there is still just the same as an NPC persona.

Whitefire said:

I'm sick of the skirts too. At least this one's not as bad as May [size=-5][these are supposed to be 10yr olds! why are they dressing female players like sluts??? I mean really, they dont go halfway to her knees! Put some pants on like the overly dressed male player of the gen (real shorts /and/ pants). Yeah White had it bad too but she's somewhat older. Still don't like it but whatever, cant have everything][/size][mini rant please ignore]
[Actually this gen's skirt is kinda neat. Will likely ending up changing it though.]

Ahem, anyway, maybe we can change the colors of certain items too? Clothing items, like. Even if they don't, I hope we have a huge amount of clothing variety to choose from. Like, perhaps 50-100 things in most/all categories. Dunno

That's how girls really dress these days.

I'm glad others are sharing my point of view in the sense of how it's becoming a tiresome sight seeing the girls in only skirts.
I mean sure, White was wearing booty shorts, but even then... I want to see a female player wearing jeans. And not loose ones either.

Whitefire said:

Except that other than Red and Green/Blue, we are given the ages of 11 (not 10).
We are not given exact ages, they could be 13, they could be 16 like implied with BW and BW 2.

Fee said:
FloodBadge said:

lass.jpg

I highly doubt they're NPCs. This could merely show us we can dress like trainer classes. c'B

P.DelSlayer said:
FloodBadge said:

I think it makes sense that we would be able to wear NPC clothes. Gym leaders and E4, would probably not be accessible only to keep their uniqueness. If anything you would get an outfit *similar* but not the same (Probably a dumbed down lamer version). If the gym leaders gave you clothes, I could see it being a simple coloured T-Shirt with their badge on it. However it would make it less serious "Oh congrat's, you beat me. Here's a T-shirt and a badge!"

IF it exists there could be a Gym or character inspired shop. I'm REALLY hoping that we have shops to go into. Celadon City Market will always hold a place in my heart. Paris should top that.

Artemis said:
I'd like it if there was a connection between actions you do in the game and the kind of clothing and accessories you can get. Unlock a winter coat or scarf by visiting a cold city, maybe by the mountains; catch X number of Flying-type pokémon to unlock the Fletchling pin; etc. You could play around with this a lot, and I think it would be a nice way of giving people options without just overwhelming them, as well as giving people another sort of goal to work towards.

I agree completely. They should drop the medal man and get someone who rewards you with clothes OR just keep both. I would be much more inclined to 100% if fashion is involved.

Alix Rooker said:
I'm glad others are sharing my point of view in the sense of how it's becoming a tiresome sight seeing the girls in only skirts.
I mean sure, White was wearing booty shorts, but even then... I want to see a female player wearing jeans. And not loose ones either.

I can see what you mean, but I just hope that the clothes they make for the trainers will be extensive and actually GOOD! I mean I can only take a guess why most Video Game Developers/ Concept Designers seem to have 0 knowledge of Fashion. I understand that it's a fantasy world, but sometimes the hero outfit looks like a 10 yr old with a fannypack....oh wait.

Anyways, they need to browse a Vogue or AT LEAST a fashion blog in Paris and check out what People actually want to wear.

Jeans should be a no-brainer.

Thief said:
I can see what you mean, but I just hope that the clothes they make for the trainers will be extensive and actually GOOD! I mean I can only take a guess why most Video Game Developers/ Concept Designers seem to have 0 knowledge of Fashion. I understand that it's a fantasy world, but sometimes the hero outfit looks like a 10 yr old with a fannypack....oh wait.

Anyways, they need to browse a Vogue or AT LEAST a fashion blog in Paris and check out what People actually want to wear.

You'd think that with Elesa introduced last generation, they would start to change it up a bit.
I think what they do mostly is design interesting looking clothing for the characters, and sort of just roll with it. I mean, look at Skyla. Who would wear that?
I like what they did with the simplicity of Viola's outfit. Although I don't understand why her pockets are like that, unless they are showing that they are loaded down with things.
I also don't care for how they did her eyebrows. Like what? You're a girl, Viola. Trim those suckers up, Viola. I do, however, very much so enjoy Alexa's outfit. It's trendy and chic.

And I've said this before, but for some reason, the outfits for the playable characters look like school uniforms to me. I really want to do this to the female's appearance:

Ponytail with light blonde hair, green or blue eyes, white skin, no hat, tank top, maybe in pink, with a light blue, open, button down shirt, with the sleeves coming up to the middle of her forearm, or even rolled up to her elbow, with a pair of white or black jeans, and flats, or even converse-esque shoes. Maybe add a pair of glasses to her face and some bracelets to her arms.
Would be perf.

Alix Rooker said:
Thief said:

You'd think that with Elesa introduced last generation, they would start to change it up a bit.
I think what they do mostly is design interesting looking clothing for the characters, and sort of just roll with it. I mean, look at Skyla. Who would wear that?
I like what they did with the simplicity of Viola's outfit. Although I don't understand why her pockets are like that, unless they are showing that they are loaded down with things.
I also don't care for how they did her eyebrows. Like what? You're a girl, Viola. Trim those suckers up, Viola. I do, however, very much so enjoy Alexa's outfit. It's trendy and chic.

And I've said this before, but for some reason, the outfits for the playable characters look like school uniforms to me. I really want to do this to the female's appearance:

Ponytail with light blonde hair, green or blue eyes, white skin, no hat, tank top, maybe in pink, with a light blue, open, button down shirt, with the sleeves coming up to the middle of her forearm, or even rolled up to her elbow, with a pair of white or black jeans, and flats, or even converse-esque shoes. Maybe add a pair of glasses to her face and some bracelets to her arms.
Would be perf.

Speaking of Elesa, it would be awesome if they included her in the game. She is a famous model, so it'd make sense for her to be in Paris. Just a cameo is all I'm asking.

I think the design for Viola and her sister, Alexa, are very fitting. The pockets on Viola could be used to hold extra cameras, film reels, different lenses. It makes logical sense for a photographer on the go to be ready and not just give her a fanny pack... Which leads us to Alexa. Haha. I despise fanny packs, but I think that Alexa is an exception. Her entire outfit is just perfect, seeing as she is a journalist. Not a big fan of her hairstyle, but I love her shoes Also, with Alexa being a female character wearing skinny jeans, maybe this opens up options for us as well.

As for Viola's eyebrows, it's a bit dull to expect her to have them thin. There are many beautiful women with thick eyebrows. Frieda Kahlo to start.

Whitefire said:

Except that other than Red and Green/Blue, we are given the ages of 11 (not 10).
We are not given exact ages, they could be 13, they could be 16 like implied with BW and BW 2.

Fee said:
lass.jpg

I highly doubt they're NPCs. This could merely show us we can dress like trainer classes. c'B

NPC persona. The other games allowed you to pick an NPC class to represent you. That's exactly what's shown there. The ones with hats are the player customized characters.

Also there's a reason why those two are the only ones without a hat and the purple haired guy is the only one with a different expression. If they were going to show that we could "dress" as NPC's they should have showed just parts of their outfit mixed with the other characters. If you're unable to mix parts of their outfits with the rest of your character then it's just the same as the NPC persona's in the older games.

Back