XY TwitchPlaysPokémon plays Pokémon Crystal

RE: TwitchPlaysPokemon plays Pokemon Red

It doesn't look like we're getting out of there anytime soon, either.

Game Corner? Wow... I over estimated them. I'll come back to the stream in about a day or two, because, like Guts said, it doesn't look like they're coming out of there anytime soon.

The Rocket Hideout is a never ending dungeon XDDD
I even made a fan art about it XD http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-gallery-yu6-s-gallery?pid=2599906#pid2599906

I just got wind of this, and one of my (many) questions is why do they hate Flareon so much? There're posts that make it out to be like a shoulder devil or something. *Hugs Competitive Flareon* It's ok Sunspot, I still like you.

Galaxy Hunter said:
I just got wind of this, and one of my (many) questions is why do they hate Flareon so much? There're posts that make it out to be like a shoulder devil or something. *Hugs Competitive Flareon* It's ok Sunspot, I still like you.

From what I can gather it goes a bit like this:

-They needed a Pokemon to Surf, a Lapras was going to be that Pokemon

-Only one space was left in their party

-The majority chat won over and got Eevee, filling that one slot

-Now sacrifices had to be made to make room for a surf user, and the thousands of monkeys on their typewri- keyboards decided that getting rid of ABBBBBBBK ( and JVLWNOOOO (names to those effects) was a better idea than putting them into the PC. Also funny drama.

Since Eevee kind of started the whole thing, taking the place of Lapras, it's taking the blame. And rightfully so, the evil thing.

We're trying to cut down a tree... this should be interesting.

Edit: How many Pokemon Players does it take to cut do... Oh wow they're done!

I still can't believe they finished already.

Dare I say it, Anarchy probably got us further.

Not to mention was a whole lot funner, and more fast-paced.

Edit: TEAM ANARCHY FOR SMARTEREST

SotS said:
Dare I say it, Anarchy probably got us further.

Not to mention was a whole lot funner, and more fast-paced.

Edit: TEAM ANARCHY FOR SMARTEREST

It is a lesson on the nature of chaos and probability.

There's thousands of people inputting commands almost randomly (since the chance of someone inputting the right command on purpose is small compared to the amount of bad commands), but, they somehow managed to get pretty far, even with the numerous obstacles they had to overcome.

I know chaotic systems are inherently deterministic (unless we count quantum physics, but that's waaay outside my understanding, and if I'm not mistaken, from this scale too) but this is a pretty damn good example of how probabililty can work even in random, chaotic systems. Even with 40000 people inputting different commands simultaneously in a chaotic mess, somehow they advanced, caught pokemon, and beat trainers. Order was formed into the chaos, by the chaos, because there is no way 40000 people agreed on making only one precise movement for turns, especially with all the trolls around. So they, completey randomly, got the exact combination of keys needed to overcome obstacles in the only way they could be overcome.

It's beautiful.
The stream is tiresome... its implications are not.

And I'm also looking into how you all started to refer to the chat collective as "we". And starting to identify with their objectives, methods and beliefs.
This should be interesting.

I've created a video on the general idea of what has happen in the last 5 days or so.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_7xshkfuww[/video]

To all those who don't know whats going on or what Based Helix Fossil God is, here ya go.

SotS said:
Galaxy Hunter said:

From what I can gather it goes a bit like this:

-They needed a Pokemon to Surf, a Lapras was going to be that Pokemon

-Only one space was left in their party

-The majority chat won over and got Eevee, filling that one slot

-Now sacrifices had to be made to make room for a surf user, and the thousands of monkeys on their typewri- keyboards decided that getting rid of ABBBBBBBK ( and JVLWNOOOO (names to those effects) was a better idea than putting them into the PC. Also funny drama.

Since Eevee kind of started the whole thing, taking the place of Lapras, it's taking the blame. And rightfully so, the evil thing.

Oh great, so now the whole Internet hates one of my favorite Pokémon (Eevee) on account of their own trollishness. Welp, *cracks fingers* I'm going to go put together that team of six different Eeveelutions I have and change my profile comment back to 'Eeveelution Army', be right back.

JungleBeatz said:
I've created a video on the general idea of what has happen in the last 5 days or so.
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_7xshkfuww[/video]

To all those who don't know whats going on or what Based Helix Fossil God is, here ya go.

You didn't really explain the Helix Fossil. Wasn't a big part of it's cult the fact that they kept "consulting" it (That is, going to items and pressing A repeatedly, resulting in a ton of "using" the Helix Fossil)?

The idea is that it was one of the few items in the bag, so when they (Twitch) goes into a battle, Up and down with A would be constantly spammed and would just keep on "use Helix fossil" & its one of the few items that cant be destroyed

SOMEHOW we got past the rocket hideout and beat Giovanni. Helix Fossil be praised.

Am I the only one that sees this for what it is?
A large number of time wasters with nothing better to do moronically pressing buttons in never ending stream of commands. These people have then created their own 'religion' and flooded the Internet with pictures and memes.

It's just plain silly and should end ASAP.

13 millions watchers and almost 60k play at same time... In just 6 days!!

How they manage to play.? This actually getting better and less chaotic!

I think this whole thing is pretty cool in theory, but in practice, it's not particular fun to watch or participate in. I've watched a few times and it's a lot of derping around and I get bored fairly quickly. >.>

I say just leave it on in the background, and check back occasionally. At the very least, you have some cool music going while you do other things.

Freedomeon said:
Am I the only one that sees this for what it is?
A large number of time wasters with nothing better to do moronically pressing buttons in never ending stream of commands. These people have then created their own 'religion' and flooded the Internet with pictures and memes.

It's just plain silly and should end ASAP.
you just described the pokemon fanbase in general

Back