XY TwitchPlaysPokémon plays Pokémon Crystal

RE: TwitchPlaysPokemon plays Pokemon Red

hDD3CFCDB

While I like the idea, this is just too overrated

Guts said:
Freedomeon said:
Am I the only one that sees this for what it is?
A large number of time wasters with nothing better to do moronically pressing buttons in never ending stream of commands. These people have then created their own 'religion' and flooded the Internet with pictures and memes.

It's just plain silly and should end ASAP.
you just described the pokemon fanbase in general

It shouldn't end if only because what guts pointed out, though you could certainly expand his argument to all non-vital functions.

But it's an interesting experiment nontheless.

I read about this yesterday on CNN and thought it was really interesting. Watching right now and wondering how they'll ever use the PC.

Is it true that twitch found a glitch which made NPCs stand in doorways?

I checked it out for the first time today and thought it was funny how confused the player character looked. There are so many people giving commands that nobody gets what they want. :p It's quite hilarious to see. Earlier it kept making rounds in front of a building and it took a while to obtain the coin case (?).

Is actually every command being followed or does it pick random ones? I assume random ones, since the delay for going through all of them would make it even more difficult.

I am surprised the character even manages to make progress. >.<

I'm not gonna' lie, guys, the first thing I did when I woke up this morning was check and see if Pidgegod was released.

For now it seems I can rest easy.

Drohn said:
I checked it out for the first time today and thought it was funny how confused the player character looked. There are so many people giving commands that nobody gets what they want. :p It's quite hilarious to see. Earlier it kept making rounds in front of a building and it took a while to obtain the coin case (?).

Is actually every command being followed or does it pick random ones? I assume random ones, since the delay for going through all of them would make it even more difficult.

I am surprised the character even manages to make progress. >.<

Because of both the animation delay, and the command delay, very few things get picked. All of the Democracy and Anarchy votes get picked up, but once the emulator chooses one of the walking commands, and the animation for walking is happening, all commands are cancelled until that animation is finished.

Although, with Democracy mode, you can actually vote for a detailed layout of walking. E.g. left3up6right2up8

This would make you walk left three times, up six times, right twice, and then up eight times, and the command would finish.

Scorched Feathers said:
...have they tossed Based Helix Fossil God yet?

Can't, thank Helix. It's one of the few items you can't toss.

Rusty Sticks said:

That must have required some impressive timing. It's already hard to do it on purpose.

I want to see how they go about catching articuno.

Momaster12 said:
But how did that happen and how will Red get out?

They moved into that corner and then the guy noticed them, starting a battle. Unfortunately this trapped them between the table and rubble.

To get out, they're trying to grind wild Pokemon in hopes of a blackout.

AA-J beat Blaine in 6 attacks. They managed to get back to Pallet Town. They are currently in Veridian trying to figure out how to get to the gym.

I can't wait for Ledge 2: Electric Boogaloo.

We finally beat Giovanni. Hallelujah.

Onto the E4! I wonder how many tries this will take...

Back