Sunday

March 2

7 AM EST

Gold

Be there.

May Helix have mercy on our soul.....

1z2zxqs.png

RE: TwitchPlaysPokemon plays Pokemon Red

I paid attention to pretty much most of all the stream, yet missed the final battle; which was disappointing.

Despite all the potholes on the journey, beating the game like they did with all those people is nothing to sneeze at and is a great accomplishment.

SECOND QUEST, START.

Stuck going up and down the stairs of our house...

EDIT: Whee! Just got PokeGear!

Oh wow, they're outside. WILL THEY GET TO THE LAB? FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z!
They chose Totodile.

And in the intensity of the moment, we chose Totodile.

You go, little blue man.

They're stuck on Route 29, which is going to probably become the new "Route 9" before we get to outside Blackthorn.

Hopefully, they'll get HM02 Fly this time, otherwise it'd be a LONG trip back to Blackthorn if they mess up.

I hoping the lore from the first game doesn't bleed into this one. Bird Jesus and Helix were fun, but I got annoyed when our first battle was against a Pidgey and everyone in chat was like "Bird Jesus 2.0".

Whatever. Just hoping this remains its own thing rather than relying on it's popular father.

RE: TwitchPlaysPokemon plays Pokemon Red... and Crystal

I've been following this on and off, but the fact that it's hard for you to tell if you contributed anything makes it kinda stale in the long run. With that said, it's an interesting concept, and good that they've managed to beat the game.

But my question is: would it be possible to recreate this so that you could do this on your own? Say, have a group of friends work together to beat one file of Pokemon Blue or something. Even just a group of say 10-20 people chosen at random would be more interesting, I think, because your actions on an individual level would be worth more. All I know is that some guy programmed the ROM to be like that or something, I'm just not sure how easily this could be recreated (because I'm not a tech expert).

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Omanyte said:
I've been following this on and off, but the fact that it's hard for you to tell if you contributed anything makes it kinda stale in the long run. With that said, it's an interesting concept, and good that they've managed to beat the game.

But my question is: would it be possible to recreate this so that you could do this on your own? Say, have a group of friends work together to beat one file of Pokemon Blue or something. Even just a group of say 10-20 people chosen at random would be more interesting, I think, because your actions on an individual level would be worth more. All I know is that some guy programmed the ROM to be like that or something, I'm just not sure how easily this could be recreated (because I'm not a tech expert).

Does anyone have any insight into this?

YOU ARE LORD HELIX. PRAISE!

You probably could, but it would be difficult.
Also, we should change this thread to TwitchPlayPokemon in general if we are talking about its works and the 2nd edition.

I don't understand what you are asking. is it about personal accountability or about technical feasibility?

In the first case, the answer is no. The entire point of the experiment is seeing 90000 people playing the same game simultaneously. In order to do that, personal accountability is necessarily diluted into the group; the same would happen with 20 people.

In the second, well, you would probably need the same chat bot this guy used, and maybe using a private chatroom or something? I don't know.

In short, if you want your actions to carry meaning, you'll have to play the game yourself, and only you. This experiment wasn't about personal accountability.

Well I guess no one is gonna be evolving anytime soon without democracy because Totodile just tried and failed miserably.

If you can't say anything else about TPP, we at least have very good choice in starters.

Back