XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon do you want to see in the 6th generation?

There is only one jellyfish line which is Water/Ghost and a bit of King/Queen, so something complete differently Oo You know, there are many Pokémon which have the same basis and are nonetheless very different. A FIRE jellyfish wouldn't look like Jellicent oô

EDIT: Forgot Tentacool, but you get the point.

Bogleech said:
A jellyfish really would be perfect for water/fire. There's also such a thing as "fire coral", which is a stinging venomous coral that even grows in fiery-looking red-orange branches.

I like it. Corsola is the perfect candidate for an evolution, especially considering it's current mediocre stats and move pool. With Water/Fire typing it could also work well as a transition between Rain and Sun teams, further developing the competitive metagame as well.

I'd like to see a Fire/Water type sweeper and/or a Fire/Water type wall pokemon.

The typing is pretty solid for a sweeper, and with STAB Fire moves like Fire Blast and Water moves like Hydro Pump boosted by Sunny Day or Rain Dance, it could really be a threat.

A wall would allow this pokemon to be a great switch into either type of weather or support either type of team.

Bolt the Cat, show originality? Right lets go into that. So me and you are human....and there are millions of other humans. We are all the same species and yet we are all somehow different, different even if we grew up in the same country, state, neighborhood. Do you see where I am going with this? Every species of Pokemon is original. Even if they make similar ones the fact is all sharks are sharks but each distinction makes one different from another one. So don't go throwing around "originality" when you clearly don't know what that means.

Back on topic, I'm for a Jellyfish, I'd love to see a GF interpretation of the Immortal Jellyfish, Box Jellyfish, and a Portuguese Man O' War.

We need song birds. There seriously arn't ANY song birds at all.

We also need: Dolphins, Echidnas, Kangaroos, Platypuss', Tasmanian Devils, Geese, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, Guinea Fowls, Snow Leopards, Peacocks, Dalmations, Labradors and Collies.

Blob55 said:
We need song birds. There seriously arn't ANY song birds at all.

We also need:, Guinea Pigs,

YES

I seriously think that one of the major problems with Gen 5 was the lack of animal looking Pokemon, or believable creatures. Things like Zebstrika and Unfezant were the minority, I'd really like to see any animal they've not done yet like Dolphins, gryphons (mythical animal, I know..) or Osprey! Lol!

Articuno144 said:
I seriously think that one of the major problems with Gen 5 was the lack of animal looking Pokemon, or believable creatures. Things like Zebstrika and Unfezant were the minority, I'd really like to see any animal they've not done yet like Dolphins, gryphons (mythical animal, I know..) or Osprey! Lol!

What in the world are you talking about? Natural animal and plant pokemon are the vast majority of Gen 5 and have been the vast majority of every other generation, with 3 having the most object/human/abstract monster type stuff but still dominated by natural wildlife.

And pokemon have never been very believable. They're not supposed to be. The whole theme of the franchise is that they're impossible, ridiculous, outlandish monsters with superpowers but somehow form an ecology anyway.

I'd personally rather see even fewer animals and plants than gen 3. I'd like an even mix, half real creatures and half crazy made-up stuff or objects.

^No, really. Not that I don't like pokémon based on innanimate objects, but those should be minimal. One of the reasons I like pokémon so much is because they are mostly based on animals... What there should be less is human-like pokémon (not that there are many but still...)...

@Ysmir: I believe Tentacruel is supposed to be the Portuguese Man O War...

@Blob55: Song birds? Like, there's Altaria and Chatot... Am I missing something?

I don't know why so many people insist pokemon "should be" or are "supposed to be" "mainly" animals when the idea has always been monsters...non-animals have always been a minimum, and yet people still complain about them as if there's too many. I think there's enough animals as long as over half of pokemon are animals, which they are :p

Chatot is based on a parrot, which is not a songbird. Songbirds are their own clade which includes things like robins, wrens, cardinals and other small, common nesting birds which, of course, mostly "sing."

Altaria could be based on a bluebird, but otherwise, our only definite songbird pokemon is Swellow.

^Altaria and Swablu are always said to be humming their own songs. That's more singing than Swellow ever does.

All I really want is a koala Pokémon--preferably Grass/Ground, but I'm not too picky on the type(s).

A "real" wolf Pokémon could be cool too--maybe one whose last evolution stands on two legs?

And I'd love to see something based on the Creature from the Black Lagoon, especially if it's got a baby pre-evo. It'd probably look a bit like the River Zora from the early Zelda games.

Metalizard said:
@Blob55: Song birds? Like, there's Altaria and Chatot... Am I missing something?

OK, I forgot about Altaria, but we need Robbins, Blue T!ts, Thrushes and Black birds.

I'd also like to see a not ugly fluffy cat and a fur less cat. Those are pretty much the only domesticated cats they haven't done.

dee said:
And I'd love to see something based on the Creature from the Black Lagoon, especially if it's got a baby pre-evo. It'd probably look a bit like the River Zora from the early Zelda games.

I would love this, humanoid fish are a favorite monster archetype of mine, and with all the other animals they turn into humanoids, I'm surprised the only pokemon that even comes close is still just Marshtomp.

I want a bonafide Oni demon Pokemon. Sawk/Throh don't count. I mean the sharp teeth, horns, red/blue skin, and club. In another game series I play Wizard101/Pirate101 Oni Demons are Upright Humanoid Elephants with their normal tusk but also antlers on their heads, they also wield swords not clubs.
I'd also like to see Mawile get an evolution of sorts. I think a Strigoi, would be an interesting concept to base a pokemon on as well. What do you guys think?

492px-War_Oni_Pet.png

War Oni, an example of the creature I was describing.

Bogleech said:
I don't know why so many people insist pokemon "should be" or are "supposed to be" "mainly" animals when the idea has always been monsters...non-animals have always been a minimum, and yet people still complain about them as if there's too many. I think there's enough animals as long as over half of pokemon are animals, which they are :p

I'm not saying they are supposed to be mainly animals, I'm just saying the fact that most are based on animals is one of the things that makes me like Pokémon so much... Plus it's not just about real living animals, I also like extinct, mythical or folklore based creatures/monsters. Teaches me a lot about myths and legends (specially japanese ones). The only thing I don't really like in Pokémon is, just like I said before, human-like pokémon...

Ysmir said:
I want a bonafide Oni demon Pokemon. Sawk/Throh don't count. I mean the sharp teeth, horns, red/blue skin, and club. In another game series I play Wizard101/Pirate101 Oni Demons are Upright Humanoid Elephants with their normal tusk but also antlers on their heads, they also wield swords not clubs.
I'd also like to see Mawile get an evolution of sorts. I think a Strigoi, would be an interesting concept to base a pokemon on as well. What do you guys think?

Depends what you mean by Strigoi, since in mythology it's just sort of a generic term for a vampire or certain evil spirits, with no particular description.

We are definitely overdue for a vampire-themed pokemon, unless you interpret Gliscor that way.

Since Oni can also mean any humanoid ogre-like being, I always thought Magmar and Electrode were stylized elemental Oni. Slowbro is also based on the Sazaeoni, a turban-shelled sea snail demon. I know what you mean though, the brutish caveman-like traditional Oni with 1-2 horns. They'd probably combine it with an animal, like another ape pokemon.

Electrode? I reckon you mean't to say Electabuzz?

Hmm...good point on the Strigoi how about a.....Nelapsi? Or a Nachzeher?

I Cardinal Bird... Fire type.
A Blue Jay... Water type
A Warbler... Electric type

Give me a plesiosaur. That's all I want, really. It could be a pre evolution or evolution to Lapras (come on, a pre evo would be cute), or an entirely new Pokemon - just give me a plesiosaur.

Although a t-rex would be cool too...

Back