XY What do you think Gen 6's "gimmick" will be?

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Gen 2: Dark + Steel types
Gen 3: Abilities, double battles
Gen 4: physical / special attack split
Gen 5: Hidden Abilities, team preview, triple battles, rotation battles
Gen 6: [your guesses here]

Do you guys think that gen 6 will have something that will revolutionize the way we battle? Or is the movement to 3D enough? And if so, how do you think battles will utilize it?

edit Looks like we've gotten a hint! So sayeth the front page:

A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger.

What could this refer to? Do you think it will be able to be used competitively?

They're definitely hiding something. They've been hyping the hell out of this announcement, and I highly doubt it was for "OHEMGEE 3D!!!!!". As for what, I haven't the slightest idea.

A Pokemon that makes special use of the 3d maybe? A built in Pokewalker style minigame thing using streetpass?

I wish it was polishing up some game mechanics in minor but crucial ways.

I hope there is something changed regarding the stereotypical pathways from city to city. Like a jungle or something.

I'm probably over analyzing but based off the X and Y titles maybe something with breeding?
Or maybe a proper balancing of the meta game.

Street Pass functionality- Mystery Gifts, etc
Spot Pass Events- Special Pokemon, Tournaments, Challenges

If X and Y represent chromosomes, then maybe hybrid breeding.

Training mini-games designed to boost EVs.

Would love so much if we got to have our own "mancaves" like we did in Hoenn.

I think 3D is going to be the big thing about Gen VI but only time will tell. :p

Increased connectivity is what I'm guessing is in store. It's been the basis of the series since gen 1, and with streetpass, spotpass, and better friend codes there are many possibilities.

I herd that X and Y stand for Dimensions. I don't know why everyone here keeps on saying Chromosomes.

This Gen I'd like the Pokédex to be more like the FRLG where you can search Pokémon by Habitat (not just each Route/Town/Cave ect. I want it to be more like FRLG, where you get a whole list of Town, Forest ect Pokémon). Or like in DP where you can check Pokémon hight/weight against Trainer hight/weight.

Re: RE: What do you think gen 6's "gimmick" will be?

SoulWind said:
Would love so much if we got to have our own "mancaves" like we did in Hoenn.

I think 3D is going to be the big thing about Gen VI but only time will tell. :p

I agree but maybe we should wait for the remakes. Imagine how awesome then!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 to planet earth.

Blob55 said:
I herd that X and Y stand for Dimensions. I don't know why everyone here keeps on saying Chromosomes.

The Japanese logos feature DNA double helixes in their design.

I REALLY hope they bring back the underground. That was so fun in multi-player.

The gimmick will be a new type I reckon. Unexpected, but that's what they want.

No one thinks it will have anything to do with Pokemon-Trainer bonds?

They seemed to make a big deal of it in the reveal video. You know, moreso than usual. In a series like Pokemon, the idea of making such a thing as bonding with your partners into a functional, practical mechanic seems like a given.

Better allow for trading more than one Pokemon at a time. I thought that Black and White allowed it when I could pick up to 3 Pokemon. Then the game said "just kidding, put 2 back". I was pissed.

Claus said:
No one thinks it will have anything to do with Pokemon-Trainer bonds?

They seemed to make a big deal of it in the reveal video. You know, moreso than usual. In a series like Pokemon, the idea of making such a thing as bonding with your partners into a functional, practical mechanic seems like a given.

yeah i thought of that too maybe the friendship/hate level will be more relevant other than for return, frustration and evolving.

I think the trade system should be revised. Being able to train more than one Pokemon at a time is a must. Also, they should allow gifts (meaning giving a Pokemon w/o anything in return). It's annoying when you need to go and catch a Rattata just because you can't get your friend's Pokemon for free.

Back