What Music are You Listening to Lately? Why?

RE: What music are you listening to?

Alone by Celine Dion
Do You Know by Enrique Iglesias

I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston

Does anyone else love K-Pop?
I'm listenin to SHINee's new song Sherlock.

Bangarang by Skrillex
then Every Day I'm shufflin' by Pyrotense.
Then sleep :p

Lately because my old MP3 player died I've been listening to a lot of the music that was new back when I first really "got into" music, sometime in the 2000s when I first started regularly listening to the radio on my own. It's basically whatever played on the rock station here during that time, from old Alice in Chains songs like "Get Born Again" to (at that time) newer songs from bands like My Chemical Romance, Breaking Benjamin, and bands like that. (There are even the only two songs by Fallout Boy I could tolerate on here.)

When I'm not restricted to listening to my MP3, the songs I'm listening to go back to their usual "all over the genres" spread. Heavier rock from bands like Rammstein (if you like them check out "Ich Tu Dir Weh") and Avenged Sevenfold, Japanese anime songs (latest is the second ending to Kekkaishi), music from games I like playing (like the music from The Sims), some old songs (like ELO's "Sweet Talkin' Woman"), and more of the usual rock from a wide array of bands like The Used, Evans Blue, Dark New Day... I could go on forever. I've really enjoyed how much my taste for music has evolved over the years, and how I'm able to listen to such a broad spectrum of songs.

I'll rundown a list of artists that I recently put on my Spotify favorites:

Breaking Bemjamin (check out "I Will Not Bow"), Beck, All-American Rejects, Shinedown, some Nirvana, and Foo Fighters (check out "All my Life"). I've got some very mixed tastes, because I also recently added some Kelly Clarkson ("Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)), Cee-Lo Green, Twisted Sister, Van Halen, and Pat Benetar ("I Love Rock 'n' Roll"). As I said, VERY mixed.

Been listening to Ring A Bell (full) by Bonnie Pink recently, at first I didn't like it but when I heard the full version it grew on me! You would never be able to tell that she is Japanese if someone didn't tell you. (she sings the entire song in English, from what I heard, she speaks English greatly for a Japanese person) WARNING: Do not look the song up unless you want Tales of Vesperia spoilers! (the music video spoils 2 or 3 VERY major moments from the game and I'm sure there are numerous fan videos with spoilery pictures in them, not to mention that the intro for the game gets spoilery 23 seconds in)

Today I've been listening to lots of pop-rock, hip-hop and plain old pop.
also Pumped Up Kicks seems to be my friend.

I listen to a lot of Christian hardcore, metalcore, and deathcore. I suppose any band ever signed to Facedown records as well. Pretty much anything that is positive to me and I can take spiritual inspiration from in a... Hardcore way? Sounds like an oxymoron to most I guess, but I'm used to having to explain to people what my music is actually representing. Some of my favorite bands are; For Today, Gideon, Dynasty, Your Memorial, Hands, Impending Doom, Venia... And the list could honestly go on much longer. Anything that's heavy worship I guess!

I listen to some more quiet music lately like Coldplay most lately, which doesn't seem common around here... I should thanks my friend because his favorite song was Coldplay - Paradise, I liked it pretty much too so I just downloaded it on my MP3 and now i' totally hooked ( And I'm dead proud! ). Oh yeah, my favorite song is Viva la Vida :D.

Today I have been listening to a lot of eminem songs such as
Monkey see monkey do
Bully
Patiently waiting (also with 50 cent)
Hurt you ( also with 50 cent)

I only really listen to Japanese pop and rock, especially Vocaloid. World's End Dance Hall by the Vocaloids Luka Megurine and Miku Hatsune (the Kagamine twins' version is just as good, you should be able to find it by the recommended videos of the original. has to be one of my favorite songs, it's been stuck in my head since I've listened to it. There's this one song by Vocaloid Len Kagamine that was in a concert video and I thought it was really good, but I couldn't find the name of it so I could look up the lyrics.

ATM I listen to alot of rock/heavy. Mostly Rise Against, Beyond the Bridge, Leprous and a bit Trivium, even though I don't like growling very much. My father listen alot to that kind of music too, so sometimes he comes in with a (to me) random album. So I get to know alot of bands :p

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J51LPlP-s9o[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI[/video]

I loved her music. RIP Whitney Houston.

Right now, I am addicted to 3 bands right now: System of a Down, Five Finger Death Punch, and Slipknot. I'll go over why I like each:

System of a Down - I love their mystical blend of hypnotic vocals and just plain heavy metal. Favorite songs include "Innervision", "Chop Suey!", and "Vicinity of Obscenity".

FFDP - I like their aggressive tone, and the way they use their lyrics. Favorite songs include "Dying Breed", "Under and Over It", and "War is the Answer".

Slipknot - I just like their sheer speed and vocals, and their focus on percussion. Favorite songs include "(sic)", "I am Hated", and "Psychosocial".

Back