XY What New Moves or Adjustments to Older Moves Would You Like To See?

RE: What kinds of new moves would you like to see?

I posted this already in New ability thread since I wanted a new "jaw" skill to go with locked jaw ability. Locked jaw - bite your opponent with superior force, locking your jaws shut. Opponent can't switch or flee for one turn. Must use a different skill after using locked jaw. I don't know what typing it would be but thought it would be nifty to have a skill to keep from substituting in combat. I am unsure how competitive play works, but it could be useful I think.

Ghost King said:
Haunt
Type: Ghost
Power: --
Accuracy: --
Move: Special
Effect: The Pokemon lets loose a curse on the field, when opponent pokemon enters the battle field they see there worst fear, takes damage.
PP: 20

Extortion
Type: ghost
Power: 100
Accuracy: 100
Effect: Hits all opponents, User distorts reality and pummels them with there imagination.
PP: 10

Acid Rain
Type: poison
Effect: Field, user summons a poison rain, poison type Pokemon heal 10% hp per turn, and all Pokemon other than poison are badly poisoned, except steel. poison moves power are increased a little bit.
PP: 5

Trick or Treat
Type: Ghost
Power: 60
Effect: always hit target, ignores and buffs opponents have, also steals money from trainer.
PP: 15
I really like these ideas, acid rain specifically. I would add it to also have a negative effect fairy types. Possibly reduce fairy type skills by a fair percentage, similar concept to drought you could say.

Scatter
Type: Flying
Move: Other
Effect: Removes Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock. The Pokemon releases a burst of wind that scatters and removes all debris from the battlefield.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
Move: Brutality
Type: Dark (Physical/Special)
Power: 95
If the user's Attack is higher than their Sp. Attack, then this move is Physical. If their Sp. Attack is higher, then this move is Special. The user attacks the target mercilessly. The user is stuck on this attack for five turns. After every attack the chance for landing a critical hit increases.

I'm sorry but that is kinda overpowered...

If you have a Pokémon that has a defensive advantage against the Dark-type it will make it really easy to power up in these turns. It could maximise its attack/special attack and do serious damage. Five turns is risky. If generation 6 still allows us to see which Pokémon the opponent has it will drastically decrease the risk, however. Don't use it when the opponent still has a Pokémon with a defensive advantage! :p

P.DelSlayer said:
TheRoyalXerneas said:
Move: Brutality
Type: Dark (Physical/Special)
If the user's Attack is higher than their Sp. Attack, then this move is Physical. If their Sp. Attack is higher, then this move is Special. The user attacks the target mercilessly. The user is stuck on this attack for five turns. After every attack the chance for landing a critical hit increases.

I'm sorry but that is kinda overpowered...

The way I see this move is that its only available to a few Pokemon. I know I should've clarified the crit hit thing,but it would start off at like 0% and the final hit would have a 75%-80% chance for critical. The rest would be numbers in between. Many (if not all) of the super luck Pokemon wouldn't even qualify for this move. Mainly legendaries, and maybe like Hyrdeigon and Zangoose (savage based Pokemon). Plus it's not like we don't have very OP stuff in the games anyways.

Conzipe said:
There are no good special Rock-type moves!
So I would definitely want to see something like this...

Name: Boulder Wave
Type: Rock
Category: Special
Effect: Has a 10% chance of lowering the speed of the target.

How about:
Move: Gem Burst
Type: Rock (Special)
Power: 85
Acc: 100
The user blast the foe with a beam of light using the crystals on its body. This move can cause the opponent to flinch.

Move: Core Cannon
Type: Rock (Special)
Power: 120
Acc: 80
The user blasts its foes with energy radiating within its body. May leave the target with a burn (20% chance).

Trailblaze/ Physical/ Type: Fire/ Pwr: 100/ Acc: 90/ PP: 10/ Effect: The user releases built up energy in the form of fire at a blazing speed, 30% chance to burn the foe. (Flareon's saving grace)

Ethereal Crush/ Physical/ Type: Ghost/ Pwr: 120/ Acc: 100/ PP: 5/ Effect: Using unnatural strength, the opponent is crushed by the users heavy body. The user's Def and Sp.Def drop 1 stage (better Dusknoir, Golurk, and Giratina STAB option)

Air Strike/ Physical/ Type: Flying/ Pwr: 25/ Acc: 90/ PP: 15/ Effect: Using claws and wings, the user continuously strikes the foe from all angles. Hits 2-5 times.

Omega Gale/ Special/ Type: Dragon/ Pwr: 110/ Acc: 90/ PP: 15/ Effect: The user summons mystical winds to assault the opponent. The power of this move doubles if the opponent has had any stat changes.

Photosynthesize/ Status/ Type: Grass/ Pwr: --/ Acc: --/ PP: 20/ Effect: The user absorbs energy from any and all light sources to raise its Sp. Att, Sp. Def, and Speed.

Fire Ring/ Status/ Type: Fire/ Pwr: --/ Acc: --/ PP: 15/ Effect: A ring of fire encircles the users team increasing attack and special attack by 50% for five turns.

[split] What kind of moves are needed to create balance amongst Pokémon types?

Here's a move that, while potentially broken, could be very interesting in competitive play.

Reverse Room
Psychic
10pp
status
-7 priority
The Pokemon's weaknesses and resistances are reversed for 5-8 turns.

example = charizard.
With Reverse Room, Charizard's weakness chart would be:
weaknesses:
-4x Ground (Immunity would turn into a 4x weakness)
-4x Bug
-4x Grass
-2x Fighting
-2x Steel
-2x Fire
-2x Fairy
resistances:
-1/2 Water
-1/2 Electric
-1/4 Rock

I've just realised we've already had the no.1 candidate for this move already revealed this gen.
Malamar.png

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'd love to see more moves like Freeze Dry.
I can see one right now; a Fire move that is SE on Water types; it would be along the lines of 'Evaporate' or something steam-related.

RE: [split] What kind of moves are needed to create balance amongst Pokémon types?

P.DelSlayer said:
Here's a move that, while potentially broken, could be very interesting in competitive play.

Reverse Room
Psychic
10pp
status
-7 priority
The Pokemon's weaknesses and resistances are reversed for 5-8 turns.

example = charizard.
With Reverse Room, Charizard's weakness chart would be:
weaknesses:
-4x Ground (Immunity would turn into a 4x weakness)
-4x Bug
-4x Grass
-2x Fighting
-2x Steel
-2x Fire
-2x Fairy
resistances:
-1/2 Water
-1/2 Electric
-1/4 Rock

I've just realised we've already had the no.1 candidate for this move already revealed this gen.
Malamar.png

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'd love to see more moves like Freeze Dry.
I can see one right now; a Fire move that is SE on Water types; it would be along the lines of 'Evaporate' or something steam-related.
Yeah, that move sounds way too complicated to be put into a pokemon game. I doubt we'd ever see anything like this. Competitive battles would take forever because everyone would be trying to figure out what their pokemon are weak/strong against. Battle timer would actually be necessary for once :p

RE: [split] What kind of moves are needed to create balance amongst Pokémon types?

Tatertot said:
Yeah, that move sounds way too complicated to be put into a pokemon game. I doubt we'd ever see anything like this. Competitive battles would take forever because everyone would be trying to figure out what their pokemon are weak/strong against. Battle timer would actually be necessary for once :p

It wouldn't be awful, you'd just need to remember not to hit the opponent with attacks you'd usually hit it with, but hit it with attacks that you'd not usually hit it with.
...if that made sense lol

Move: Frozen Smash
Power: 55
Accuracy: 90
Has 30% chance of freezing. If the opponent is already frozen, this attack does double, but the opponent thaws.

A few moves I'd like to see:

-A Light Screen-like move that keep your pokemon free from any status ailments, excluding self inflicted ones.
-More hazard-removing moves, I don't care in what form, stealth rock needs to be nerved!
-A move that clears the weather, or at least something against weather effects.
-Because it does not yet exist, a 120 base-power physical water move.
-More special rock moves..., even tough rock is already over-powered.
-A new strong physical fire-type move for Flareon.
-More attacks like freeze-dry.
-A strong physical psychic move, actually, more physical psychic moves in general.
-More elemental hazards, one for fire for example.
-A few more strong ghost moves... like a ghost-type fire blast or flare blitz

Lanturnman said:

-A Light Screen-like move that keep your pokemon free from any status ailments, excluding self inflicted ones.
-More hazard-removing moves, I don't care in what form, stealth rock needs to be nerved!
-A strong physical psychic move, actually, more physical psychic moves in general.

-Safeguard... No status problems for five turns

-Always open to attacks with stronger power. A physical Hydro Pump would be appreciated by Gyarados lovers worldwide.

-Agreed as well, considering Shadow Ball is still the strongest Ghost type attack with 80BP (excluding Shadow Force since it is only learned by one legendary)

You are right with the ghost attacks. They need to work on physical attacks for them and for psychic as well as special attacks for rock types.

I want to see new p+1 moves for all the types that did not gain it until now
I also hope that there will be a lot more tms this gen to choose for pokemon that are great by stats but bad with the moves they gain by leveling up

I have my own ideas for moves like "Thorn Cannon a grass type move with 15 pwr and 90 acc" that can hit in succession, "Spike Whip a grass type move that has 95 pwr and 100 acc" and might cause flinching, "Maelstrom" a water type Magma Storm basically, "Ash Plume a fire type move with 90 pwr and 100 acc and since volcanic ash is more poisonous than firey it could badly poison, "Tidal Collide" a water type double edge, "Sand Pit" a ground type status move that can trap all pokemon on the field, "Water Sword" a water type move with 75 pwr, 100 acc with high critical hit ratio, "Ice Blade" an ice type slash and feather arrow a pokemon with feathers can attack 2-5 times. I have alot of these ideas but they're probably too much.:shy:

Ghost King said:
Acid Rain
Type: poison
Effect: Field, user summons a poison rain, poison type Pokemon heal 10% hp per turn, and all Pokemon other than poison are badly poisoned, except steel. poison moves power are increased a little bit.
PP: 5
THIS. I would give anything for this to be a real move. Especially if some awesome 6th gen Poison Pokemon got a Drizzle/Drought equivalent ability. Maybe the 6th gen Poison legendary that I'm hoping for.

nightkeeper said:
Lanturnman said:

-Always open to attacks with stronger power. A physical Hydro Pump would be appreciated by Gyarados lovers worldwide.

-Agreed as well, considering Shadow Ball is still the strongest Ghost type attack with 80BP (excluding Shadow Force since it is only learned by one legendary)

Although Hex can potentially have a BP of 100. But yeah, they seriously need to expand the Ghost-type move list. There are hardly any. And the ones we have are so weak. Lick, Shadow Sneak, etc. Come on GameFreak! Give Cofagrigus a Mummify move. Give Mismagius a Banshee Cry move. Give us Shadow Fang, Spirit Slash, Soul Snatch. Give us SOMETHING!

AdamLambert said:
nightkeeper said:

Although Hex can potentially have a BP of 100. But yeah, they seriously need to expand the Ghost-type move list. There are hardly any. And the ones we have are so weak. Lick, Shadow Sneak, etc. Come on GameFreak! Give Cofagrigus a Mummify move. Give Mismagius a Banshee Cry move. Give us Shadow Fang, Spirit Slash, Soul Snatch. Give us SOMETHING!

^All those names sound perfect :D I'm really surprised there hasn't been a Shadow Fang yet. And Spirit Slash seems like it could be a Ghost type Night Slash with some sort of similar effect.

nightkeeper said:
And Spirit Slash seems like it could be a Ghost type Night Slash with some sort of similar effect.

Shadow Claw is literally exactly that. Same power, physical, and a high critical hit ratio d:
I personally think it's fitting that most Ghost-type attacks don't have such a high power and are more status-oriented, because that's how ghosts are. They mess stuff up. I would expect a move like:

Petrify
Ghost type
Power: -
Accuracy: 90%
Either paralyses (70%) or freezes (20%) the opponent.

Frezgle said:
nightkeeper said:
Petrify
Ghost type
Power: -
Accuracy: 90%
Either paralyses (70%) or freezes (20%) the opponent.

Will be funny if Brave nature Pokemin will be immune to that move:)

Actually nature based moves can be nice
Or simply a move that its power and effect is depands on the nature of the Pokemon using it.

RE: What Kinds of New Moves Would You Like to See?

A few things i'd like to see are:

• One or two more powerful physical electric moves that do not damage the user.
  • More special dark type moves.
  • More status changing moves for types that don't have any (like a rock variant of T-Wave or stun spore).
  • A few more powerful bug type moves.
  • I would like a few more weather affects, I'd like one for electricity that strikes any pokemon that isn't ground nor electric with lightning, does a small amount of damage with chance of paralysis.
  • A few more ice moves, mainly physical ice moves.
  • I'd like a few more steel moves, and at least one special special one.
  • More moves like dive and dig.
  • More moves that can be used on the overworld (like dig or sweet sent).
  • A variant or two of return and frustration of a different type. I really like return.
  • And slightly on tangent, I hope there'll be a move in the future to cause a new status alignment. Either one that goes away when switching/battle end, or one that lasts until cured. like...a status condition like a blind condition (attacks aimed on the opponent cannot land), or a fear condition. Like similar to your pokemon not being able to attack in the pokemon tower because of the ghosts.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Remember to use proper capitalisation! I made some changes in this post to correct the grammar. *

Back