XY What new spin off games would you like to see in Generation 6?

Totally agree on a new, better PMD game. Since Sky, they've all been pretty lacking.

Things I think should be bought back from Red and Blue:
  • Friend Areas

Things that should be bought back from Sky:
  • Personality Quiz
  • Purple Kecleon
  • All Pokémon except a few event legendaries
  • Spinda Café
  • Bring back healing during hail and sandstorms
  • Partner Pokémon that are not bought into a Dungeon don't gain EXP
  • Being able to recruit Kecleon
  • No traps at the entrance of rooms
  • IQ
  • Being able to rescue and arrest Pokémon
  • Gender differences
  • Little images of Pokémon at the Continue game screen to show how far you've gotten (Like Drowzee and Shiny Celebi)
  • Jukebox
  • Being able to send back members you just recruited
  • Egg Moves for non-regular starter Pokémon

Things that should be bought back from Gates to Infinity:
  • Being able to select your partners gender (You can only do this in the Japanese version of Gates to Infinity)
  • No Belly counter in most Dungeons
  • Being able to evolve during the main story

The list of Starters that should be in the game:
All regular Starter Pokémon (One version will have Kanto and Hoenn starters and another version will have Johto and Sinnoh starters. Both will have Unova and 6th Gen starters)
Pikachu
Eevee (Female only)
Mareep (Female only)
Roselia (Female only)
Buizel (Male only)
Darumaka (Male only)
6th Gen Pokémon (Male only)
Meowth (Partner only)
Minccino (Partner only)

Bolt the Cat said:
And here's what I think they should do for the next Mystery Dungeon game:

They would probally not bring back the Unova starters, and probally make it somthing like Chespin Fennekin Froakie Riolu and a Gen 6 Pokemon

DorianBlack said:
Bolt the Cat said:
This sounds a lot like the DW.

It strikes me as kind of a souped-up PokéWalker - and since the 3DS has a built-in pedometer, that would actually be a pretty fantastic addition.

It does now that I think about it - maybe some parts could be unlocked with those points you get from walking
For example
Transfer Pokemon- Free
Mini Games - Free
Find Items- 2 Points
Find Pokemon- 7 Points

Reggie McGigas said:
They would probally not bring back the Unova starters, and probally make it somthing like Chespin Fennekin Froakie Riolu and a Gen 6 Pokemon

That's the opposite extreme, that's too few choices. Red and Blue and Time, Darkness, and Sky had a pretty good balance as far as starters are concerned, they had about a dozen or two different starters, and a good variety of types.

I would want to see a spin off game that's kinda like Brawl, but have it just be all Pokemon. Either that or some sort of racing game as numerous of other franchises have done. idk, just spitballing and trying to come up with something new and not an adaptation of a Pokemon game already made. :)

Bolt the Cat said:
Reggie McGigas said:

That's the opposite extreme, that's too few choices. Red and Blue and Time, Darkness, and Sky had a pretty good balance as far as starters are concerned, they had about a dozen or two different starters, and a good variety of types.

However they steered away from the multiple starters and only gave us 5 in the newest PMD, I hope we will get more but probally not.

Joeypals!! said:
I would want to see a spin off game that's kinda like Brawl, but have it just be all Pokemon.

Yes.

Joeypals!! said:
I would want to see a spin off game that's kinda like Brawl, but have it just be all Pokemon.

That'd be pretty cool.

Joeypals!! said:
Either that or some sort of racing game as numerous of other franchises have done.

They had Pokemon Dash on the DS, but that game didn't seem to be very popular, so IDK.

Reggie McGigas said:
However they steered away from the multiple starters and only gave us 5 in the newest PMD, I hope we will get more but probally not.

They steered away from a lot of great things that the older PMD games did. GTI is a very dumbed down game, the next one needs to bring the series back to its former glory.

Pokemon Snap. <3

(I know they woudn't make another one, I just had a good time playing that one)

Matty said:
Pokemon Snap. <3

(I know they woudn't make another one, I just had a good time playing that one)

If they're going to make a new Pokemon Snap game, now would be a good time. A game like that could work very well on 3DS or Wii U.

Let's say there are going to be about 760 total Pokémon including the ones in 6th Gen. That would be a lot of Pokémon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, so I think there should be about 400 Pokémon shared between between the games and about 300 version exclusive Pokémon. So each game would have about 580 Pokémon each.

Blob55 said:
Let's say there are going to be about 760 total Pokémon including the ones in 6th Gen. That would be a lot of Pokémon in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, so I think there should be about 400 Pokémon shared between between the games and about 300 version exclusive Pokémon. So each game would have about 580 Pokémon each.

300 version exclusive seems a bit extreme.

Joeypals!! said:
Either that or some sort of racing game as numerous of other franchises have done.

That actually sounds like a good idea. Maybe a Mario Kart esque game where the karts are based off the starter's final evos and other Pokemon that have been promoted, and maybe Gym Leaders/other relevant storyline characters for racers? If they use power-ups maybe well known attacks from each type (e.g. Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Earthquake)?
Also for tracks, maybe there could be 8 cups where each is based off of a gym in Gen.6 region (or they could double up types for similar types), e.g. a Psychic/Ghost Cup, where the themes are: going around the track and having to deal with ever-changing objects, one where the path forms in front of you etc.
Also, could we have prizes for completing various tasks (e.g. beating the 150cc cups in MK7 gives you a new character), such as 'Ground Master', which gives you a Groudon themed kart, 'Ice Master' which gives out an Kyurem themed kart?

If a game like this turned out true I would actually think about purchasing it.

Bolt the Cat said:
Blob55 said:

300 version exclusive seems a bit extreme.

Not really. The Wii Ware series had about that many exclusive Pokémon.

P.DelSlayer said:
Joeypals!! said:

That actually sounds like a good idea. Maybe a Mario Kart esque game where the karts are based off the starter's final evos and other Pokemon that have been promoted, and maybe Gym Leaders/other relevant storyline characters for racers? If they use power-ups maybe well known attacks from each type (e.g. Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Earthquake)?
Also for tracks, maybe there could be 8 cups where each is based off of a gym in Gen.6 region (or they could double up types for similar types), e.g. a Psychic/Ghost Cup, where the themes are: going around the track and having to deal with ever-changing objects, one where the path forms in front of you etc.
Also, could we have prizes for completing various tasks (e.g. beating the 150cc cups in MK7 gives you a new character), such as 'Ground Master', which gives you a Groudon themed kart, 'Ice Master' which gives out an Kyurem themed kart?

So trainers are the racers and Pokemon are the karts? That sounds weird and unfitting for the series. If they're going to make a racing game, the Pokemon need to be more involved in the actual racing, either as the racers themselves, or functioning the same way as items, using their attacks to help or hurt other racers.

Maybe they could have a spin-off game where a player (or more) could travel in a small area in search for a shiny Pokemon. That way, more shiny Pokemon could be obtained in X and Y.

HoOhLugia said:
Maybe they could have a spin-off game where a player (or more) could travel in a small area in search for a shiny Pokemon. That way, more shiny Pokemon could be obtained in X and Y.

As long as they're not dirt common, I guess, but they'd have to limit it to like, 5 or less in that case. I think they're just better off handling shinies the same way BW2 did, put a couple of freebies in the game, but make you earn them.

I'd like a sort of virtual pet game, similar to Hey You Pikachu and Nintendogs, on the 3DS. Where you could transfer Pokemon from X/Y (preferably any one in particular that you want, but I'd imagine the roster of choices would be limited...) and chill with them, yell at them, go on adventures, etc., and stuff you find in that could be transferred to X/Y itself. Like the Pokewalker or Dream World, but more expansive and actually fun to use.

frezgle said:
I'd like a sort of virtual pet game.

Not a bad idea

What I DON'T want is something like the therian forms of the kami trio. I don't like how ' Trollfreak handeled these. "Oh tornadus has a kool new form and you can't get it in B2 and W2 you get it in this side game that no one cares about"

Reggie McGigas said:
What I DON'T want is something like the therian forms of the kami trio. I don't like how ' Trollfreak handeled these. "Oh tornadus has a kool new form and you can't get it in B2 and W2 you get it in this side game that no one cares about"

True, but at least it's only $3. That's still a better deal than paying $15 for an upgraded version of an app which is little more than a glorified tech demo for XY.

Bolt the Cat said:
P.DelSlayer said:

So trainers are the racers and Pokemon are the karts? That sounds eird and unfitting for the series. If they're going to make a racing game, the Pokemon need to be more involved in the actual racing, either as the racers themselves, or functioning the same way as items, using their attacks to help or hurt other racers.

Maybe having the Pokemon as the drivers and type-themed karts (and then we get karts themed of legendaries as prizes for completing various tasks)? And then maybe for power-ups we get a combination of types from the driver and the kart (primary type only)? E.g using a Grass type on the Fire kart would send off a burning log.

P.DelSlayer said:
Maybe having the Pokemon as the drivers and type-themed karts (and then we get karts themed of legendaries as prizes for completing various tasks)? And then maybe for power-ups we get a combination of types from the driver and the kart (primary type only)? E.g using a Grass type on the Fire kart would send off a burning log.

Sounds good to me.

Although I would question how a Pokemon would manage to build a go kart, but that's beside the point.

Back