XY What new Types would you like to see in X and Y?

And like I was talking about that kind of reboot....

What I meant was an actual reboot of the game itself, not just in a generational concept.

...How was fifth gen a "reboot?" You could still transfer your old pokemon. You didn't "start from square one" any moreso than Gen 2 or 4.

Eh yeah not super keen on new types. I'm all for tweaks to the weakness/resistance chart, although all I'd really want from that is a secondary resistance to Dragon. Abilities typically fill in the holes that types can't quite cover up.

Mitja said:
And like I was talking about that kind of reboot....

What I meant was an actual reboot of the game itself, not just in a generational concept.

I know, I was just pointing out that what they consider to be a reboot has been done before.

I'd actually like to see something like what you suggested if the Pokedex gets too ridiculous, especially since it means we can toss out all of the Pokemon that are too similar to other ones and leave the ones that are actually unique.

Professer K said:
If you want to be technical BW was the reboot for the series. Unova aka the new Kanto. Why do you think in Best Wishes they set Ash back to age ten and make him a complete noob. He even makes the same mistakes as he did in season one. he even throws a pokeball with out weakening a pokemon. Now if you look at things that way and see gen six as the new Jhoto then it makes sense as to why there could be new types. The new types could be anything light, sound or something else. It doesn't matter if we think it makes sense or not. It is what GF wants to do with it and if they want new types there will be new types. And you know what people are still going to buy the games even the people against new types. Same thing in the other direction.

Anime =/= actual games

The anime is not made by the same people who create the games, I'm not even sure if GameFreak is behind it, feel free to look it up though.

They don't take the anime in mind when creating the games.. Anime can therefore not be used as any kind of argument with respect to the games.

All I am trying to point out is that GF could do it if they wanted to. No matter what they chose to do people are still going to buy the games. What I have been trying to do in my more recent post is try to get this thread back on topic because it has moved away from such. The thread was meant to talk about possible new types not to argue about if GF would do it and why they should and shouldn't. I think everyone would feel a lot better if the people who wanted to talk about possible new types could bring their opinions to the table with out coming under fire. Then the people that want to argue about why GF should or shouldn't put a new type in can argue there. They can also say what they think in that thread. Lets bring things back to the original intent of this thread and agree to disagree.

jynxed said:
I want wax type.

Water + Grass? All types can be cover with combinations of different types. I've seen everyone in this thread say it and I have to agree. But if they were to make any new types what would that type be?

Flygon2071 said:
jynxed said:
I want wax type.

Water + Grass? All types can be cover with combinations of different types. I've seen everyone in this thread say it and I have to agree. But if they were to make any new types what would that type be?

Again it is what ever GF wants we have no control over that.

That's the problem, I think. The serious suggestions are repeated over and over (light type light type light type), the same arguments over and over. Nothing new, nothing interesting. At least if we can joke around a little bit something new might come from it. An uptight forum is a horrible forum.

jynxed said:
That's the problem, I think. The serious suggestions are repeated over and over (light type light type light type), the same arguments over and over. Nothing new, nothing interesting. At least if we can joke around a little bit something new might come from it. An uptight forum is a horrible forum.

I didn't say that the forum had to be uptight. People can have fun with it. I just want people to stop arguing about if there should be new types or not. Because that is getting annoying.

Ok, salt may sound wierd, but I saw some really good fakemon of this type in some profile...
And wood. Ok, you can say grass covers it. But besides Turtwig and Torterra, I don't believe they've used the element wood in the designs... Think of like ground and rock branch from one element: earth. It could be the same thing with grass and wood, two branchs from the same origin point.

What about glass and rubber? Too lame?

Well Arguing gets you no where, and we're supposed to be a community. So I'll suggest this, why don't we think up how the new types will be, even if it is Light, Sound, or Virtual, and come up with their weaknesses and submit our ideas to Game Freak to think about. In the end it'll make us more of a pokemon Community, instead of a War Zone.

Professer K said:
All I am trying to point out is that GF could do it if they wanted to. No matter what they chose to do people are still going to buy the games. What I have been trying to do in my more recent post is try to get this thread back on topic because it has moved away from such. The thread was meant to talk about possible new types not to argue about if GF would do it and why they should and shouldn't. I think everyone would feel a lot better if the people who wanted to talk about possible new types could bring their opinions to the table with out coming under fire. Then the people that want to argue about why GF should or shouldn't put a new type in can argue there. They can also say what they think in that thread. Lets bring things back to the original intent of this thread and agree to disagree.

Its the same as if I made a thread about "What new stat would you like to see?". Some people would bring something up like stamina and argue how its not the same as HP...but the rest would pretty much say how the whole question is nonsense and that there is no indication nor reason to think there would be a new stat.

Perhaps someone would then even point out that
"GS changed special to sp.atk and sp.def.."
and everyone would facepalm,
while the thread wouldnt get anywhere.

Mitja said:
Professer K said:

Its the same as if I made a thread about "What new stat would you like to see?". Some people would bring something up like stamina and argue how its not the same as HP...but the rest would pretty much say how the whole question is nonsense and that there is no indication nor reason to think there would be a new stat.

Perhaps someone would then even point out that
"GS changed special to sp.atk and sp.def.."
and everyone would facepalm,
while the thread wouldnt get anywhere.

How would that be the same as talking about new types? I will have to say that your last post...certainly isn't the same Aspect at all. Stats affect how a pokemon are, and Types affect it's weaknesses and resistances, as well as what it gets for a STAB. It certainly isn't the same thing, one is more important then the other, sides Game Freak might add in another stat, but why would it be Stamina? We already have that in the form of Power points for each move.

Pokemon Trainer Dark said:
How would that be the same as talking about new types? I will have to say that your last post...certainly isn't the same Aspect at all. Stats affect how a pokemon are, and Types affect it's weaknesses and resistances, as well as what it gets for a STAB. It certainly isn't the same thing, one is more important then the other, sides Game Freak might add in another stat, but why would it be Stamina? We already have that in the form of Power points for each move.

Because they're both mechanics in the game that have been exhausted thoroughly and don't need to be improved. Which is something I disagree with personally (I think they could possibly make Accuracy or Evasion into legitimate stats), but that's a matter for another thread. At any rate, I agree with his point about types, there's little if anything more they could do. Most suggestions for types are either too similar to other types or too narrow in usefulness.

Bolt the Cat said:
Pokemon Trainer Dark said:

Because they're both mechanics in the game that have been exhausted thoroughly and don't need to be improved. Which is something I disagree with personally (I think they could possibly make Accuracy or Evasion into legitimate stats), but that's a matter for another thread. At any rate, I agree with his point about types, there's little if anything more they could do. Most suggestions for types are either too similar to other types or too narrow in usefulness.

Hardly so, Evasion and Accuracy are only for the battle, and moves have Accuracy already as an effect, so it's already a legit stat. Also, Types haven't been exhausted thoroughly yet, there's still a LOT they can do with that list of mechanics. Evasion however isn't really a stat that needs a legit place holder.

Back