XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Charizard
Charizard is my favorite Pokemon, no way I'm passing him up! In fact, I switched pre-order from "Y" to "X" just for Mega Charizard X! Dragon + Charziard + Black and Blue Color Scheme = My dream Pokemon!
This is exactly what I've always wanted!
Tyrantrum
When I was a kid, T-Rex was my life. An epic T-Rex king Pokemon I've wanted? Epic.
Pangoro
Not sure why I like this one...I just do. He looks cool and I'm a fan of Dark-Type.
His pre-evo is really epic as well :p
Greninja
My favorite of the the three starters. He's not to great, but I still like him. Again, love Dark-type almost as much as I love Dragon, and water is pretty powerful and useful for getting through Pokemon games without too many frustrations.
Xerneas
While I prefer Yveltal a little, Mega Charizard X had me sold on Pokemon X. Xerneas is really cool, so why not use it if I'm gonna get X? Seems pretty powerful and Xerneas may be my only outlet to the new Fairy-Type. Maybe...
The sixth slot is being battled for by a few. Might not even know that the Pokemon who claims this spot exists yet. Time will tell, but, so far, it seems this will be open to the event Blazekin (It's a powerhouse that will surely be useful). This is only my planned party for when I've been the game. It'll change a lot throughout playthrough, though, as I'll likely be needing many different Pokemon to overcome X.

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

I usually get both versions of every Pokemon game, anyway, I'll probably choose X as my 'main' version cuz Xerneas > Yveltal.
As of now, I would hope this will be my team...when alls said and done...

1. Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
2. Charizard (Fire/Flying)
3. Floette (Fairy)
4. Aurorus (Rock/Ice)
5. Meowstic (Psychic)
6. Gogoat (Grass)

Although, I prefer Grass-types over everything else, I want to create a somewhat substantial team. Having one Fairy-type would be necessary, and Floette will be my first and only choice. Such a gem... plus I have a feeling that it could gain a secondary Grass-typing! Meowstic is super cool, I prefer female version. Aurorus is beast. Gogoat is just pure amazingness.

Also, as much as I prefer Bulbasaur to the other two, I think I'd choose Charmander...for two reasons. One, because Mega Charizard X is awesome. Two, I'll need a strong Fire-type on my team...I feel that one must have at least one Fire-type to succeed in the game. I don't think I could make it by with two Grass-type starters.

Since my name means "Thorn" or "Bramble" I absolutely have to build up a motif team, right? I'm going to get Y at launch and play through normally, but I'll eventually get X, probably, and run through that with some silly restrictions
Obvious candidates are obvious, including my beloved Chesnaught.
Roserade, Ferrothorn, Maractus, Cacturne

This definitely brings to mind the biggest problem with themed teams: giant glaring weaknesses shared by all or most members, but this is for kicks, not for competitive play.

And that's only 5 out of 6 candidates there.

I need to think up some surprising candidates to help fill this motif team out. Things covered with spikes/quills?

Atadiusti said:
Since my name means "Thorn" or "Bramble" I absolutely have to build up a motif team, right? I'm going to get Y at launch and play through normally, but I'll eventually get X, probably, and run through that with some silly restrictions
Obvious candidates are obvious, including my beloved Chesnaught.
Roserade, Ferrothorn, Maractus, Cacturne

This definitely brings to mind the biggest problem with themed teams: giant glaring weaknesses shared by all or most members, but this is for kicks, not for competitive play.

And that's only 5 out of 6 candidates there.

I need to think up some surprising candidates to help fill this motif team out. Things covered with spikes/quills?

Maybe Sandslash, or Corsola? Solrock kind of has spikes. Sorta.

As for what I would like on my main team, I am not sure yet. I am really liking Delphox. And I want Bulbasaur since I have always been a Venusaur fan (here's hoping we have seen the X Venusaur mega and that there is a different one in Y!)
Hmm, maybe Skrelp or whatever its evolution is. I do like poison types. I also might want Doublade (or its possible evolution). And Mawile. I actually really want a Mawile this gen. It looks to become a real powerhouse. Mega evolution, good abilities, good typing, it's going to be quite powerful it seems.

I don't know! I don't know what I want anymore!

This is suprisingly hard to choose. There are too many cute pokemon. And I love the new Fairy type--just what I wanted. I currently want:
Fennekin
Pancham
Sylveon
Skiddo
Meowstic
Flabebe

I haven't filled mine out yet. I was hoping for some more new pokemon leaks. This is all I have so far:
1. Chesnaught
2. Blastoise
3. Floette
4. Aurorus
5. Furfrou
6. A new poison pokemon that isn't skrelp

If no new poison pokemon make it in this gen, then maybe I'll consider training skrelp (because I actually really like this pokemon) and boxing Blastoise for later use (just so I don't drown in water pokemon). If that's the case, I don't know what my six Pokemon will be, but I want it to be a new one.

Hey, is anyone considering Nuzlocking it for their first run through?

Team 2013

Froakie: Greninja looks so slick and epic
Bulbasaur: I need a tank for my team, Mega venusaur is beast
Talonflame: Epic, I shall name him Heat Hawk!
Tyrantrum: type coverage and he looks badass king of the dinosaurs

Last 2 slots I'm not sure, I might replace bulbs with charmander or I'll just trade over a charizard

For me, so far, my team for Pokemon X will be the following but isn't set for I will try to rotate my team members often:

1. Chesnaught - Grass/Fighting (he has become my fave Starter of this gen)
2. Charizard - Fire/Flying (Fire/Dragon as the X version as its just too cool.)
3. Tyrantrum - Rock/Dragon (Its a fricking T-Rex. What else do you want)
4. Clauncher - Water (Has great potential all-round and lobsters are awesome)
5. Doublade - Steel/Ghost (unique typing and the design is just great.)
6. Sylveon - Fairy (looks to have great potential and its a Fairy-type to boot)

Rotation:

1. Lapras - Water/Ice (one of my most favorite Pokemon of all time. No contest)
2. Pyroar - Fire/Normal (Its a lion Pokemon, and I'm nuts about lions. Sue me!)
3. Gogoat - Grass (looks really neat as design for a Grass type)
4. Pangoro - Fighting/Dark (for a panda, it really looks awesome. Enough said)
5. Talonflame - Fire/Flying (the design is good. Hopefully it can match Staraptor)
6. Noivern - Dragon/Flying (a dragon bat? Count me in. One of the sleeker designs around)

For the rest:

There's Xerneas and his awesome rainbow antlers, and finally I still have all my old Pokemon waiting on Pokemon Black waiting to be transferred, like my awesome Gen 5 Starter - Samurott.

For my X:

Chestnaught
Charizard
Ampharos

(not sure what else yet)

Originally I was gonna go with Blastoise and have the Torchic on my team but x charizard quickly changed my mind lol.

I always stick with the grass starter and Ampharos is one of my favorite pokemon (as illustrated in my signature).

Y:
Chespin - Sadly checked out his last evo and while it was an improvement from Quilladin I might accurally replace him with Gogoat.
Skrelp - Most people don't seem to like Skrelps design, but I accurally like it cause I like leafy seadragons. I think its evolution might look really cool, and the poison type will help against fairys.
Litleo - One of my favorite pokémon from 6th gen, XY really have many nice fire types but since I want to use only 6th gen pokémon during my playthrought Litleo easily wins.
Helioptile - Kind of annoying that this one is part normal as well, but what can you do. I really like its design. Hopefully I won't spoil its evolution since its the only pokémon that will be a suprise atm :/
Tyrunt - Well, its a t rex so abviosly it will be on my team! Doesn't help my fighting weakness thought..
Spritzee - Liked this pokémon when it was revealed and still like its evolution. The Fairy type will also help against dragon and also my fighting weakness. Might be replaced with Sylveon thought, especially if its weak xD

My team for X will be:

Fennekin
Early Flying-type that isn't Fletchling (because of Fire-type redundancy; I'll try to vary as much as possible)
Flabébé
Tyrunt
Clauncher
Pancham

My Y team will be:

Froakie
Fletchling
Inkay
Amaura
Helioptile
and probably (not sure yet) Skiddo or Honedge (if it appears early)

I'll have an ever-rotating team in both games, since I'll eventually want to have Pokémon like Hawlucha, Klefki, Goomy, Bergmite, Skiddo/Honedge, and Pumpkaboo on my team. Not to forget that I'll also have a Kanto Starter and Torchic way early in the game.

I can't tell for sure which pokemon I will use. First I need to see them all.

Anyway, this is my current team I plan to have:

Chespin line or Fennekin line - I still haven't decided.
Flabebe - I see that she doesn't have many fans. I find her really adorable and I would like to give her a hug.
Helioptile - it is cute and I hope it will evolve into something nice. Everyone says it is a lizard but it looks more like a dog to me.
Aurorus - aaaaawesome pokemon but I'm afraid that her stats might be poor. Let's hope she is not that bad.
Ninetales (if my starter is Chespin) or Leafeon (if my starter is Fennekin)
Still not sure which pokemon will be my 6th one.

Ok, I've made up my mind for the last time:

Froakie = best starter ever. Water/Dark is a pretty unused type as well
Talonflame = this is probably my favorite regional bird yet, plus Fire/Flying is a pretty nice typing as well.
Gooby = this thing is just so adorable, plus it's always nice to have a Dragon
Malamar = Dark/Psychic is a pretty cool typing, plus we're long overdue for a squid Pokemon
Sylveon = its sooo cute, plus I wanna try out a Fairy, what better to use than the Fairy poster boy?
Trevenant = I eventually decided against Venusaur for my first playthrough, since I wanna use all new Pokemon. When we discovered it was Ghost/Grass that sealed the deal for me. I'm gonna nickname it Oorotto, just as a reminder of how we first saw it.

P.DelSlayer said:
Ok, I've made up my mind for the last time:

Froakie = best starter ever. Water/Dark is a pretty unused type as well
Talonflame = this is probably my favorite regional bird yet, plus Fire/Flying is a pretty nice typing as well.
Gooby = this thing is just so adorable, plus it's always nice to have a Dragon
Malamar = Dark/Psychic is a pretty cool typing, plus we're long overdue for a squid Pokemon
Sylveon = its sooo cute, plus I wanna try out a Fairy, what better to use than the Fairy poster boy?
Oorotto = I eventually decided against Venusaur for my first playthrough, since I wanna use all new Pokemon. When we discovered it was Ghost/Grass that sealed the deal for me.

Don't you want to have a Mega Pokemon in your team ?
(Goes for everyone else who said they want only 6th gen Pokemon)

Froakie
Flabébé
Charmander
Heioptile

If Flabébé evolved into a Grass type, I don't know what else to choose. :( Central and Coastal parts have a lot of Water types and I'll already have a Dark type, so no Malimar and I don't like the barnicle, Oorotto, or that many of the other new ones TBH.

@Scattered mind (don't know how to work with quotes), I was thinking about this, but I would like to live the experience of having a Full Regional Pokémon Party, like in Black & White; Megas can wait a bit :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that I would like to have that experience even if Kalos only had 70 Pokémon, as rumored.

shinysearcher said:
@Scattered mind (don't know how to work with quotes), I was thinking about this, but I would like to live the experience of having a Full Regional Pokémon Party, like in Black & White; Megas can wait a bit :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that I would like to have that experience even if Kalos only had 70 Pokémon, as rumored.

Well that is fine just consider the fact that if you are going to battle other people in the PSS during the storyline you might have a hard time against their Mega.

From what I have seen so far almost everyone can agree with a few points on making a team :

1. Starter. Kanto Kalos or both.
Even people that ended up hating the new starters evolution stated they still going to pick one. My guess is that starters are much more easy to like eventually then any other new Pokemon. The main reason is that you must start the game with one of them and by the time you are able to catch another Pokemon you already feel not really ok with dumping your starter. You just get used to it without noticing.

2. Fairy type Pokemon. To try out the new type.
We all want to see what fairy type Pokemon is all about .

3. Pokemon that can have HM surf and fly.
Its kind of a must. We already know those HM are in the game.

Not completely sure on an in-game team yet, but Chespin is definitely going to be my Starter.

With Chesnaught, I don't think I would need to catch another Grass or Fighting type for my team.

Then again, there are always so many good Fighting-types. :/

Now that we have like a ton of new amazing Pokemon, my teams are now:
For X - Chesnaught, Pangoro, rotation slots
For Y - Delphox, Trevenant, rotation slots
So any good Pokemon have been revealed, and I'm restricted to only six Pokemon at a time. The struggle IS real.

Hawlucha, Delphox/Chesnaught, Binacle, Trevenant, Goodra, Blastoise, and more.

Rotating (meaning more than 6 will be listed) team for X.

Binacle because I liked the guy and the idea behind it, a goose barnacle. When I saw it's evolution it confirmed my "gut feeling" that Binacle was going to evolve into something neat and unique.

Trevenant nothing much to say here, design-wise it's been one of my favorites since it was leaked.

Hawlucha, wicked Pokemon design and I find it funny yet homage-ish as a Mexican-American, it speaks to my stepdad who loved American (WWF, WCW etc) and Mexican wrestling (Lucha Libre) and I remember watching it with him in the 90's.

Goodra/Goomy, Dragon typing makes no sense but the thing is quirky and cute. It reminds me of Dragonite in a way which is my most favorite Pokemon of all time.

Blastoise/Squirtle, it gets an extra cannon as a Mega, nuff said. Solid Pokemon, Mega aside. (Although I may swap this out for Mega Char X).

Dragonite/Dratini, Dragonite is my favorite Pokemon. That's all there is to it.

Delphox, I never had a doubt in my mind that I wanted Chespin. But Delphox has grown on me in an unexpected way as still shots pop up of the starters. I will trade for one if I don't pick it.

Chesnaught, ahh yes. Chespin has been the starter I was riding with since they revealed the starters. Chesnaught is one weird design wise but looks like it will be a fun Pokemon to play with. Of course now Delphox is competing for my heart but I've always had a soft spot for bulky but hard hitting Pokemon.

Bergmite/Avalugg, idk they seem like interesting Pokemon. Like I said before I totally love bulky types that hit hard, hopefully Avalugg does. If not, I may just drop it. Design-wise it and Bergmite are really neat IMO.

Heliolisk, it's a lizard, I'm Arizonan, you do the math. I love it.

Back