XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X/Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Well, 2 weeks before the game comes out it is a good time to speculate what my team is going to be:

Froakie: I like its design as well as its type. it is always nice when I am choosing the water starter because then I realizes I got my Surf Pokemon

Charmander- the Kanto starters with Mega evolution is a must for me.
even after I used the hell out of this Pokemon in many games I cannot give up on this guy just when he gets Mega evolution. Also might be a good one to teach Fly.

Fairy type: Just got to be there I guess. someone, I still don't know for sure. Maybe Swirlix , if it turns out to be a stronger then it looks like.

Doublade: Steel and Ghost with a great Fighting type move? that is a lot in one Pokemon. Most likely be in my team if we will get him sooner or later.it will be my Fairy slayer :)

Electric ,Dragon ,Ground or Grass type Pokemon still have not decided yet
even theoretically.

HM Master
I am realistic, I know that I want a full 6 Pokemon team but I don't want my Pokemon to be with crappy HM like Cut and Rock Smash
I hope I'm wrong and eventually there will not be more then 3-4 HM .

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X/Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Figured I should post my updated team.

Pokemon Y
1. Froakie- Water/Fighting hopefully, as I love the design of Frogadier and if the final is anything like the fan art we saw earlier, I'll be pleased.
2. Sylveon- Fairy. Warming up to her. I don't usually go for cute Pokemon over mighty-powerful-epicness Pokemon, but she is one of my favorite Eeveelution designs, behind Umbreon. I don't really need her for coverage over Dark or Fighting since I already have a Fighting and Flying to take care of them, but I'll use her for Dragons. Nickname Katara :)
3. Talonflame- Fire/Flying. Will be my Fly slave, and being Fire may also have its usefulness.
4. Tyrantrum- Rock/Dragon. Besides being my favorite fossil design and looking like some hardcore royalty, he'll be used to take care of Flying types until a good Electric type is released. If there is an Electric type I like, I'll still keep Tyrantrum just as a versatile monster.
5. Doublade- Steel/Ghost. Now that it has Sacred Sword, it has excellent type coverage. I thought twice about it and decided to use it, may be rotated out if I find something else I like.
6.______________________________________________________
Yveltal- Dark/Flying. Not sure when he will be available, but he is the reason I chose Y to start with.
MegaVenusaur (post-game)

Pokemon X
1. Fennekin- Fire/Psychic hopefully. I liked the fan art of it with purple ear fur and what not, just hope it looks similar. Also hope its face changes slightly...
2. MegaCharizard- Fire/Flying. Don't even care that I have 2 Fire types, that's how much I love his Mega.
3. Auroras -Rock/Ice. Love it. Will being replacing Fairy in terms of Dragon slayers until Xerneas.
4. Water Type
5. Electric Type
6._________________________________________________________
Xerneas- Fairy. Always gotta capture the mascot legendary.

Pokemon possibly on rotation/Megas: Furfrou, Lucario, Absol, Ampharos

Well these are the Pokemon that I know that I'm definitely getting.
1. Fennekin/Braixen/??? (Female)
2. Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise - Mega Blastoise (Male)
3. Eevee/Sylveon (Female)
4. Riolu/Lucario - Mega Lucario (Male)
5. ??? (Flying-Type Pokemon) (Female)
6. ??? (Male)

Can't wait to play this game! .3.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Why did you decide to pick these Pokémon?*

Re: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X/Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

So far I definitely want to have:
Doublade - It's typing is so cool and it looks great.
Talonflame - I like the fact you can easily get an early game fire type, plus it looks fantastic!
Froakie's Final - I was set on Fennekin but due to wanting Talonflame so badly I'm now set on Froakie.
Venusaur - Gotta love dem Venusaurs!

The rest of the space I'm undecided on so far, will wait to see what the game has to offer!

...And I changed my team again. It is hard to decide this gen, there are so many options..., especially if the amount of available Pokemon is as large as the rumors make it out to be.

My current plan is simple and at the same time very stupid and perhaps even problematic. An all fairy first playtrough with Pokemon introduced in gen 6. Currently Flabébé, Swirlix, Spritzee, Dedenne and eventually Xerneas are on my team (I will not use Sylveon because she or he is an Evolution of an older Pokemon), but there probably are still 6th gen fairy-type Pokemon unknown to us and I might use those instead of the ones we already know.

There are a few problems with this idea:
1. There might be no 6th gen fairy Pokemon in the early routes, thus forcing you to use other Pokemon.
2. I might get in trouble with Mega Evolved pokemon. I can't use Mega Evolution and until Xerneas I might not even get close to their power. It is going to be a challenge, but that makes the game fun.
3. Most of the Pokemon are pure fairy so far... Steel and Poison are going to be very problematic, fire slightly less so, but still threatening (team Flare). Again, it is a challenge and it is fun, but I might get stuck...

If the first is true I am going to do an all water playtrough, with at least Froakie, Clauncher, and Skrelp...

Froakie and Bulbasaur - Because I like Froakie the most out of the Kalos starters and I like Mega Venusaur.
Flying type - Either going to be Pidgey, Noivern or something else that isn't Talonflame (too many people will use him).
Fire type - Depends on how many there will be early on. If Litleo is the only choice, I may use event Torchic.
Fairy type - I feel like I'll need one, but I haven't picked one yet, because most of them look like they won't evolve and I don't like the Pokémon that get turned into Fairy type.
Something else - A Pokémon that hasn't been revealed yet.

From the Pokémon revealed I think I like enough of them for an all Kalos team. So I will probably leave the Torchic and Kanto starter in a box. (I'll be picking Charmander because I'm not patient enough to wait until Pokébank is released. xD)

Fennekin will likely be my choice for Kalos starter if the rumours are right and it ends up Fire/Psychic. I love that type combo. :'D
Sylveon because those bows are adorable~ I really want to play with it in Pokémon Amie
Meowstic, yay for more psychic kitties!
Pangoro for pandatasticness. Also, because I've never had a fighting type on my team before, so this will be different for me.
Helioptile because it's a cute little lizard.
Talonflame for flying and more fire!

I also want a Gogoat for ledge jumping! Yay! :'D
It'll be interesting to see how close this is to the actual party I end up with since I tend to get attached to Pokémon that are already in my group.

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

So, with more consideration, I'm gonna have some on rotation.

The one's I plan on keeping on my team all the time are: Fenniken, Pyroar(F), and Meowstick(F).

The one's I plan on keeping on rotation are: Doublade, Sylveon, a flying type (or something that can learn fly, a surfer, and one more I haven't given much thought, though I'd prefer one more cat. I'll also have my TM slave, but it'll just live in the PC until i need it.

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

The only ones I've settled on for now are Chespin and Dedenne. Then again, considering the game is gonna give me three starters (Torchic promotion + Gen 6 and 1 reps), that'll probably end up being half my team right there. Chestnut-dude's already a lock, so Squirtle makes the most sense to round out the trio if I don't want to double-up on types. I'm usually not one of the those people who even uses a starter most of the time, but if I can't settle on anything else I figure these guys will be as good as any. Torchic and Squirtle can fight over who gets to go mega in a best two-out-of-three game of Battleship.

So far, all I know is that I must get Chespin, Honedge and Noivern. I think I'm leaning toward Tyrantrum in terms of fossil choice, but I could change my mind. Still waiting for more pokemon to be revealed to finalise what I want.

I like the concept of Chespin a lot. Not only do I love the thorn/bramble motifs, but I've always wanted a pet hedgehog, and there's a chestnut tree on the property of the kennel where I work. Some strategically placed chestnuts help me train some of the guests not to graze or try to chomp on the walnuts. I feel like I have a connection to Chespin already. The rumor of a Grass/Dark final typing also excites me, since I favor Ghost, Dark and Psychic types.

I feel like Honedge is a design that was a long time coming, just as I feel about Litwick. It's a pretty obvious basic concept, and I love the line so far. And to reiterate, I love Ghosts, so it's a prime choice for me.

Noivern: A Bat-Wyvern. It's a rather basic choice, I feel (Warcraft actually did it better, I think, but they got there first), but it's a wicked one all the same.

Edit: added my reasons for my solid choices.

Remember to elaborate in your posts. Explain why you picked the team! There are some suggestions in the first post of this thread.

Fennekin for the Type Fire
Gogoat for the Type: Grass
Clauncher for x for the Type: Water or Skrelp for y for the Type:
Poison/Water
Sylveon for the Type: Fairy
Noivern for the Type: Flying/Dragon
Honedge for the Type: Steel/Ghost or Mewtwo
I have a Fire, Grass, and Water. I live Fennekin, Gogoat, Clauncher, and Skrelp. I love Mewtwo, Sylveon, Noivern, and Honedge.

Froakie because I always start with the water type.
Honeedge because I love the typing and the possibilities with it.
Pangoro because I've been waiting for a usable panda Pokemon since Spinda.
Pyroar because like Pangoro I've been waiting for a fire-type lion since pretty much Gen 1.

The rest I'll see but of the Kanto starters I will pick Squirtle. I'm just not sure if it will be on this team.

Well, after a moment of contemplating, let's try this one :)

- Fennekin, never have i so enticed to a fire starter before. From the very first release of Fennekin, i know i'm choosing this one. Then the rumor about Fire/Psychic made me even want this starter. Finally the Braixen release, and it's attribution to witch/sorcerer.... GOD, it couldn't be any better! And there i thought nothing can beat my fondness to Serperior before, but i'm so wrong. Definitely on the team. A female one please.

- Squirtle, I didn't intend to keep him for long, since the fastest i could get my hand on Milotic, it will be exchanged for sure. :)

- Sylveon, Eeveelutions always appeals to me, i always try to get at least one in each games (in BW2 where i can easily get a wild Eevee i ended up training the 7 of them). One thing is i want her to be female, so if it's a gift pokemon, will soft reset it until i get one.

- Inkay/Malamar, well, the Dark/Psychic never been so appealing, the Contrary is also one of the reason i want this one. Though when i get my hand on Gardevoir, not so sure i will keep this one. Or maybe i will find Ralts earlier than Inkay.

- Spritzee, as everyone speculate this pokemon to have a plague doctor evolution with Dark/Fairy, and that's awesome. I will gladly add this to my team if it's true, though a Fairy/Flying is okay too.

- Meowstic, wait, i got too much Psychic and Fairy by now right? Who cares, i love them. This cuddly female cat will take one spot in my team.

As for the one from previous generation, i always bring Lucario, Togekiss, and Absol with me, the fact that 2 of them get Mega and one of them get the new Fairy-typing, it'll be like having a new pokemon altogether!:rolleyes:

Seeing as this team heavily based on current information, need to check later with the all confirmed Pokemon. :cool:

I think maybe i'll run a mono-psychic team:

Braixen evo, basically confirmed to be part psychic, loved the started from the beginning, still do

Malimar, seems like it will be awesome, squid, dark/psychic, if i'm lucky it could possibly learn surf

Espeon, we will probably get eevee as there is sylveon, obviously my fav.

Meowstic (F), looks adorable, beret and scarf, good strong sp. attacker which we obviously seem to have a lack of

Meowstic (M), might have on my team, cute like his sister, nice support which could be helpful if this game as boosted of an AI as people say

HM slave, I seem to have very few pokes that actually could do any of the HMs, if I'm lucky HMs will be limited and maybe even only for lent ridable pokemon, but I still might need one

That is my very diversely typed team. I can't help it, I am a psychic type trainer at heart.

Hm...my team depends on a lot of factors, and I'll likely rotate a lot of Pokemon in and out, as I did with Black/White, so my team will be constantly changing until I actually find six Pokemon I'm actually happy with.

- Starter
Still on the fence about which one to take, I'm not sure how I'll decide at this point...

- Sylveon [Fairy] / Dedenne [Fairy/Electric]
Sylveon because Eevee has been one of my favorite Pokemon since gen 1 and I always try to use the new evos when they're available. Dedenne because...it's part electric type, I guess...don't you judge me!

- Skrelp [Water/Poison]
I like Skrelp, there's something about it's design and typing that I really like. I'm hoping for an evolution, but I'll use it regardless. The biggest hurdle with this Pokemon is that I'm getting X version, so I'll have to find someone to trade me one.

- Fletchling [Normal/Flying] / Talonflame [Fire/Flying]
I've used the early game bird Pokemon in every generation except 5, and they're almost always ranked among my favorite of the generation. I kinda regret never raising a Pidove, so I'm going to make sure I don't make that same mistake again, though it make eventually be boxed if a better flier comes along.

- Inkay / Malamar [Psychic/Dark]
Not only do these two Pokemon have an awesome typing, I love Malamar's design. I've know that it was going to have a spot on my team as soon as I saw it.

- Amaura / Aurorus [Rock/Ice]
I love this Pokemon's typing and design, much like Malamar, I've known it would have a spot on my team as soon as I saw it, the typing was just the icing on the cake.

I will list who I'm interested in training and why as my team after beating the story is never static, I like to rotate out everything accept for my Feraligatr as I consider it to be my starter Pokémon.

Fennikin/Braixen - I love Foxes, and since I've a Ninetails and Zoroark, might as well complete the team. Plus I'm really hoping it does become fire Psychic as rumored.

Froakie/Frogadier - It grew on me as I've been Fennikin since day one. But its evolution and rumored final form have pushed me into really getting behind it. It represents a departure from the frogs we have had up til now that look bulky as this one looks to evolve to be slim and quick.

Fletchling/Talonflame - TalonFlame, despite having such a terrible name, looks amazing. There is just no way I can't train this one

Vivillon - I like the design, Will make for a cool bug to use for the first half of the game.

Noivern - I love dragon types so naturally got use one. Its appearance in the anime was amusing and that helped seal the deal for me.

Clauncher - This one is more of a maybe. Depends on what it will evolve into if anything. It will have to be my water type til I find something else I like better seeing as I wont be able to get froakie as I'm commited to Fennikin first.

Pyroar - This is finally a Lion species pokemon I can like. Manetric and Luxray just didnt do it for me. Plus its fire/normal typing is intriguing.

Doublade - A steel/ghost pokemon that looks like swords. Too awesome to pass up.

Tyrantrum - A dragon that looks like T-Rex. I've high hopes for it, I just hop it doesn't disappoint the way Rampardos did.

Aurorus - Its Just a vary beautiful pokemon. This is the First gen where I want both fossils. Its gonna be hard for me to pick which one to get first.

Meowstic - Its a cat, I love cats don't think i need to say more then that.

Gogoat - Just think it looks really cool.

With the pokemon we have right now, I think my team will be:

Fennekin: Best starter EVER! I just love it, Braixen is just as epic and it's final evolution will be just as epic I am sure, plus I love it's probable typing.

Raichu: I really hope he gets a MegaEvolution!

Glaceon: One of the coolest designs ever!

Malamar: Love it's typing and the design is really cool.

I'm still saving my last 2 spots, I pray Hawlucha is real hehe.

Chespin/Quilladin/???: (Grass/???) Everyone has starter preference, this is mine.

Pangoro: (Fighting/Dark) I love the type combo and it's a panda. Pandas are cool.

Fletchling/???/Talonflame: (Fire/Flying) Every first playthrough of the new generation I catch the bird. The design has made me want to continue that trend more than ever.

Honedge/Doublade: (Steel/Ghost) First Pokemon with this typing, with the introduction of fairy type, a steel type member with a great movepool would be sorely missed.

Two more pokemon to be decided later. They will almost 100% be from the X/Y Pokedex with no Pokemon from past generations during my first playthrough. Can't wait for more leaks to be revealed. Less than two weeks, Beachgoers.

Froakie's final=I always use the starter in my first run. I have never esthetic for Chespin and I don't care for the witch theme of Fennkin (but she is still my second choice)

Malimar=cool type, cool design, and topsy turvy

Talonflame/Noivem=looks cool and like it would be viable to use fly instead of an HM slave

Oorotto/Gogoat=for a grass type, depends on Oorotto's type

Aurorus=refrigerate and freeze dry, I don't usually use fossils but these are awesome

Helioptile=looks cool and the ability works well with thunder and Froakie

Alternate

Doublade=the type and sacred sword

unknown fairy type=the fairy type to try out the new type if I find a new one that I really like

Pyroar=need I say more?

Tried to be balanced but the choices are too much!

Back