What should I play for _________?

RE: What should I play for _______?

Or keep your lucky socks ON and go undefeated. ;P

I agree with Piplup. But Plox may be a problem still...

Well, it's mostly SP, Jumpluff, Plox and Gyara, but I have seen many other things.

SotS said:
Or keep your lucky socks ON and go undefeated. ;P

I agree with Piplup. But Plox may be a problem still...

Not if they get all sandy and wet. But there is only one person in my area who plays a good Plox.

/me glares at Henry

=] yeah, w/ that phail at states no more Plox
*Piplup rips up his plox list

Mudkip said:
Great Lakes Regionals
Division: Senior
Metagame: Gyarados, Plox, Cursegar, and SPs
I could play anything.

Cursegar with some anti-meta techs like Mewtwo for SP and Dusknoir for Mirror.

dmaster out.

Only if the Nats are going to be in Sydney
Division: Masters
Metagame: Lady Gaga, Jumpluff's, Donphan, Donk Decks, Luxchomp, Luxray GL's/Lv.X, Mother/Father/Curse/Gengar, Poisioning decks.
What you can play: Eeveelutions (which got me 9th @ the States), Salieons (Salamence-Lv.X)/Flareon/Glacia), Lions, Shaymins, any easy & cheap build decks.

Okay, let's try this again....

Midwest Regionals (Wisconsin Dells, WI)
Division: Seniors
Metagame: Gyarados var., Luxchomp (both Gar C and Gar SV), Jumpluff var., DialChomp/Lady Gaga, Gengar var.
What you can play: open to anything

Thinking about GyaraLux, but I can do anything, really.

Okay, I'm trying this again also... o__o

Los Angeles Regionals... Queen Mary...
Metagame: LuxChomp, LuxApe, Mother Gengar, DialgaChomp, Donphan
What you can play: LuxChomp, Gyarados/Luxray

Yeah, DeoxysUnknownForme, Gyarados/Luxray is a pretty good deck to use in your metagame as long as it's consistent. I'm actually thinking of playing it myself.

Gyaralux it is, then.

Azul said:
Okay, I'm trying this again also... o__o

Los Angeles Regionals... Queen Mary...
Metagame: LuxChomp, LuxApe, Mother Gengar, DialgaChomp, Donphan
What you can play: LuxChomp, Gyarados/Luxray

Yeah, DeoxysUnknownForme, Gyarados/Luxray is a pretty good deck to use in your metagame as long as it's consistent. I'm actually thinking of playing it myself.

There will be no luxape or dialgachomp. Trust me. Use gyarados

WailmerMan said:
There will be no luxape or dialgachomp. Trust me. Use gyarados

no dialgachomp? you got to be kidding me it went so good and got 2nd place only haveing one loss the whole day,

i would either run g-dos or an sp vomit

Light Venusaur said:
Only if the Nats are going to be in Sydney
Metagame: Lady Gaga, Jumpluff's, Donphan, Donk Decks, Luxchomp, Luxray GL's/Lv.X, Mother/Father/Curse/Gengar, Poisioning decks.
What you can play: Eeveelutions (which got me 9th @ the States), Salieons (Salamence-Lv.X)/Flareon/Glacia), Lions, Shaymins, any easy & cheap build decks.
Father Gengar? Never heard that one before.
Anyway, of the decks you listed, I believe the best one you could build out of your choices is a 'Leafeon tank' deck (Leafeon RR/Shaymin LV.X/Sceptile support), which can get set up very quickly and hit really high (even as early as T2). I know your repertoire is a bit limited, and I'm no expert, but I would go with a Leafeon RR-based deck if you can. But it's ultimately up to you.

Any deck could theoretically be easy and cheap, provided you have the cards for it already.

Father Gengar is Gengar SF+Nidoking RR, DNA.

dmaster out.

I'm going on vacation for the Regionals, so what should I run for Battle Road Spring and the Nationals?

Metagame: I'm really new and haven't played in any tournaments (I've played in the HGSS prerelease but...) but based on what I see at league, I think mabye Gyarados and most SP decks (To be specific, Dialga, Lady Gaga, and Luxikenchomp)
What you can play: I'm working on my own version of Duskgar (It's with Spiritomb and Life Drain Gengar), Tanktwig, Raichu/Magnezone/Electivire, Mismagius Donk, and possibly Shiftry Lock. If anyone needs a list, I can provide one.

^Judging by that list, I'd say your best shot is Duskgar (though there are other better options out there.) Tanktwig is owned by Blazeray, and Shiftry lock is hurt as well. Raivire is pretty slow, and in most cases the SP's and Gyarados can outspeed you. The SP decks should also be running a Promocroak G, which will I think OHKO any of your Lightning types after you KO them.

Sounds good. I'm closest to finishing Duskgar anyway. The reason I don't have much to use is because I like making up my own decks and so far those are my ideas.

EDIT: What about Mightydonk? Would that be better?

Metagame: Gengar, Luxray/garchomp, SP, a little bit of gyardos.
Options: Donphan/mesprit, Plox, maybe Flygon/Donphan

division: seniors
metagame: LUXCHOMP LUXCHOMP LUXCHOMP, gyarados, flyphan, badly modified arceus starter decks
options:shuppet donk or sablock

Battle Roads (Fond du Lac, Wisconsin)
Meta: Jumpluff, Shuppet Donk, Flychamp (have not a clue why it became so popular here but oh well), Speedrill, Luxchomp (kind of)
Options: Anything, (don't have Mr. Mime though :( ) but I really want to play Kingdra, Porydonk or something with Giratina X.

Division:Master
Metagame:Luxpluff, Luxchomp, Sablelock, Dialgachomp
What you can play:Anything

Back