XY Will we be getting new evolutions?

Pokequaza said:
They are not useless, they just require a lot of skill (and sometimes a little luck) to use. Not every Pokémon needs to come packed with a BST of 500 or something, so that you can easily use them without any proper skill.

Yes, because the reason nobody uses Dunsparce in OU is due to a lack of skill.

Evos that i'd like to see from Gen1:

Ninetails
Rapidash
Dugtrio
marowak
primeape
golduck
Electrode
arcanine
hypno
persian
sandslash

along with:

houndoom
mismagius
mienshao
victini
druddigon

d22g said:

Ninetails
Rapidash
Dugtrio
marowak
primeape
golduck
Electrode
arcanine
hypno
persian
sandslash

along with:

houndoom
mismagius
mienshao
victini
druddigon

....ha.....victini.....good one

The reason some of these don't have evos is because they already do what they do well and with stats that support it (ninetails = drought, dugtrio is a speed demon and is good on a sandstorm team if I recall, sandslash is a good rapid spinner) an if there stats go higher in an aspect they could become broken (lol garchomp)

Ninetales, Dugtrio and Mienshao definitely shouldn't get any evolutions. Victini? What...?

Some Loser said:
Pokequaza said:
They are not useless, they just require a lot of skill (and sometimes a little luck) to use. Not every Pokémon needs to come packed with a BST of 500 or something, so that you can easily use them without any proper skill.

Yes, because the reason nobody uses Dunsparce in OU is due to a lack of skill.

Considering "OU" stands for over used, it's certainly not the basic, average measure of a good pokemon. "OU" and up should really be thought of more like tiers to separate the cheap ones out from the more normal, balanced majority.

I'd like to see some of the 5th gen Pokemon to get some evolutions. There was a decent amount that only evolved once, and some not at all.

Haunted Water said:
Why the hell would Victini need an evolution? It's too powerful imo, and a legendary.

Also the fact that legendaries don't evolve....lol

I support the Dunsparce evo. It's a cute little snake, and it needs some love. I also support the Dragon Eevee, though I have no idea what that would look like.
What we REALLY need, though, is a Pinsir evo. Scyther showed it up all the way back in Gen 2!

Gentlefish said:
I support the Dunsparce evo. It's a cute little snake, and it needs some love. I also support the Dragon Eevee, though I have no idea what that would look like.
What we REALLY need, though, is a Pinsir evo. Scyther showed it up all the way back in Gen 2!

I imagine a scaly leafeon kind of.

I don't see how much farther they can go with pinsir. A bigger pinsir? I just don't see it.

I want stantler, dunsparce, and altaria to have evos, I've just seen altaria as so useless and it is actually pretty useless. Maybe a larger dragon with small trails of clouds surrounding it and covering and making its tail. Give it a boost in sp def and sp attack.

Or maybe a Persian evo, maybe make it a lion, a white lion.

Well, they could give it something similar Scizor, I guess? ...Eh. You have a point.
On a completely different note, I'm still trying to make sense of your avatar.

catutie said:
d22g said:

Ninetails
Rapidash
Dugtrio
marowak
primeape
golduck
Electrode
arcanine
hypno
persian
sandslash

along with:

houndoom
mismagius
mienshao
victini
druddigon

....ha.....victini.....good one

The reason some of these don't have evos is because they already do what they do well and with stats that support it (ninetails = drought, dugtrio is a speed demon and is good on a sandstorm team if I recall, sandslash is a good rapid spinner) an if there stats go higher in an aspect they could become broken (lol garchomp)

Teal said:
Ninetales, Dugtrio and Mienshao definitely shouldn't get any evolutions. Victini? What...?

Haunted Water said:
Why the hell would Victini need an evolution? It's too powerful imo, and a legendary.
Why did none of you point out Arcanine, a Pokemon with a BST of 555?

I thought about it, but put it off. Victini being on that list was a low blow to me.
I'm still wanting Farfetch'd to get an evo line. It's the only Gen I pokemon to not have an evo as of now!

The fact that Scyther got an evo was what make them turn Heracross into the new Pinsir counterpart... If they made a pinsir evo, then it would be unfair for Heracross... Also, Scizor is more like a form change than an actual evolution... Its second type changes, and the base stats also change as a result of the new typing but the BST is the same... Kinda like Meloetta Aria and Pirouette forme... The only difference is can't turn Scizor back into Scyther...

Cinesra said:
Why did none of you point out Arcanine, a Pokemon with a BST of 555?

It was pointed out, but we also have to consider where else they can go with the pokemon, I mean look at arcanine

arcanine.jpg

What else can they do with that and not make us hate it....do we really want another lickylicky? Or magnezone (although I do like magnezone but I know it gets alot of hate)

The only thing I could see people do with Arcanine is make it into one of those Dragon Dog things you see in parades. It would make a good Fire/Dragon type without drastically changing its looks.

And oddly, they cast Scyther and Scizor as arch-rivals as well. Stag beetles (like Pinsir) and hercules beetles (like Heracross) are seen as classic rivals in Japanese culture, even in the insect tournaments that inspired pokemon itself; so if they ever did give one an evolution, they'd just need to give the other one as well, or a pre-evo linking the two.

The only thing I could see people do with Arcanine is make it into one of those Dragon Dog things you see in parades. It would make a good Fire/Dragon type without drastically changing its looks.

That would actually be pretty cool.

Also, people should keep in mind that if you don't like a new evolution, you could just use the old one with an eviolite attached - assuming they keep the eviolite around, which they darn well better because it's one of my favorite things to happen in the series in forever. I wish there were a whole lot MORE buffs for unevolved pokemon; maybe ways to bring them up to their evolved form's stats, even, just with a lot of extra effort.

Back