Finished Werewolf XXVII: Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The indie doesn't want the timer reduced...
A one-use triple seer ability is remarkably powerful... but reporting the results first thing in the morning makes things a bit tight. Between two Star Witnesses and three confo-town, there are way too many targets for a NK.
Anyway... the reporter admitted his lack of seering abilities, yet he singled out Athena. I have an idea about who the reporter may be, but I'm not willing to share it right now. Regardless, I see nothing out of the ordinary with Athena. Her actions aren't that different compared to those of others.
My current lynch candidates are Luis and Cypher. I'll look into D1 a bit more and write other ideas.

@scattered mind: What makes you think there was an Indie recoil that led to the timer going down? The timer jumped forward a lot overnight. I don't see any reason to believe it should be even higher than it was, so this statement is kind of confusing to me.

@scattered mind: What makes you think there was an Indie recoil that led to the timer going down? The timer jumped forward a lot overnight. I don't see any reason to believe it should be even higher than it was, so this statement is kind of confusing to me.

Because Luis said his raised it beyond where it is now, so base don that, something had to have brought it back down.

Actually, for the record, my Ability was a TRIPLE seer, the 3rd one was SS. :p And now we know the timer can go down as well: my Ability raised it by 20 (when discussing the indie that wouldn't have been a good thing to say :v), so another Ability must have reduced it.

Oh, huh, I missed that part. I guess we're even then. :p

It's certainly possible that the Indie has a role that has a penalty like that, or there could be another role that influences the timer in different ways. I can think of a few, though it's kind of silly to theorycraft.

I've got no investigative abilities of my own, but Athena should be looked into. - Martin

I don't get why BB is already thinking about lynching Athena. An investigative role could be an assest to the town. I think BB is assuming anyone who is mention in the night recap is scum which is really suspicious. His style this whole game has been "If I am not being lynched why should I care". He jumped on 4 bandwagons D1 pt 2, and 5 bandwagons on D1 pt. 1.

Also @Celever ! Do you know what star witnesses are in the game? Are you sure about this?

I think the mention of Athena in the recap is a little suspicious, however I would rather like to see what will happen during the day before I put in my vote.

@Mr.Muffin weren't the Star Witnesses the ones who got Tristan Wise arrested, and therefore the ones that the mafia would love to kill? Assuming that's what you mean when asking.

I think the mention of Athena in the recap is a little suspicious, however I would rather like to see what will happen during the day before I put in my vote.

@Mr.Muffin weren't the Star Witnesses the ones who got Tristan Wise arrested, and therefore the ones that the mafia would love to kill? Assuming that's what you mean

@Athena

You mentioned that you were roleblocked last night, right? Was there any sort of flavor text in the message you received that might give us an idea of what faction the roleblock originated from?

So I was browsing some of the old WW games here on Pokebeach when I noticed something really neat. Dapp Che, our indie, actually comes from a previous game, Revenge of the Nerds! I thought his name sounded familiar, but I never managed to connect the dots. He was the last surviving member of the scum faction then, but has apparently moved onto bigger and better things now. Here's his role from the game he originated in:

Role: Dapp Che
You are a member of the nerd faction, your sole goal is to destroy the jocks and neutrals that get in your way. Long live the academic life!
Ability: I’m a Nerd
You are one of the nerds. The other members of the group will be given in a separate PM. You may communicate with them during the night. As a group, you will be allowed to kill any player every night. Come up with to a consensus and tell the Nerd Leader. He will then PM me the kill. I will only accept the kill PM from the Nerd Leader and no one else unless he dies.

Ability: Hide from Detection
Any player that will check your identity would see you as a member of the Neutrals. The only exception will be roles that will reveal your role in public view.

Win Condition: Wolf/Nerds Win
For clarification's sake, in this game, there were two scum factions: The Nerds and The Jocks. The Neutrals were the game's town.

This is just speculation, but if PMJ used roles for Thomas Martin and Maxine Owens similar to their original ones, Dapp Che could have his Hide From Detection ability in this game as well.

Either way, I love the interconnectedness of this game's plot. Props to you, PMJ.

@Athena

You mentioned that you were roleblocked last night, right? Was there any sort of flavor text in the message you received that might give us an idea of what faction the roleblock originated from?

Sadly, no. The notification that I was blocked was very simple and informal.

lol, Jackal, why would you want me lynched? :v

I can even fully claim, but I can't from my phone. I'm vanilla after I used my Ability.

Actually, for the record, my Ability was a TRIPLE seer, the 3rd one was SS. :p And now we know the timer can go down as well: my Ability raised it by 20 (when discussing the indie that wouldn't have been a good thing to say :v), so another Ability must have reduced it.

Your ability raised the timer by 20?
but:

I know for sure Abilities can rise the timer since I have an Ability that rises the counter by 3 as a recoil, single use, but can't use it yet.

Am I missing something?

Luis is probably next on my list, and then Mega Adi (or his replacement)... but that's for the next Day.

##VOTE: Yeowie

Do you still think Luis can be scum after what he has explained about his ability? (This question goes for everyone).
Celever seems to accept his post about his seer ability with no questions. Is it possible that they are both scums and they have planned their conversation with the other scums?

Hi everyone, I apologize for not being here for the past 5 days Dx I was told I was leaving a couple of days before I had to leave, and I didn't have time to tell everyone I wanted to tell.
So, I'll read through these pages (all 41 ;_;) later tonight or tomorrow.
Again, my bad guys :(

I hope you've managed to read those 40 pages already. Would be a shame to read all those pages only to get modkilled :(

Your ability raised the timer by 20?
but:

Am I missing something?

Do you still think Luis can be scum after what he has explained about his ability? (This question goes for everyone).
Celever seems to accept his post about his seer ability with no questions. Is it possible that they are both scums and they have planned their conversation with the other scums?
He said that he didn't want to claim that he could increase the timer by 20 with all the indie talk. He might've been lynched.

It's a huge long shot that he's scum and I highly doubt he is. It's possible that since he inspected 3 town he's mafia, but also quite doubtful and there were clear signs he would inspect us toward the end of yesterday. Maybe if one of us is the indie they would know that he is mafia? It would be a slight risk to make as mafia but not a great one.

However, there's no reason not to believe it right now.

For myself, I don't think Luis is scum. It could be a ballsy mafian claim, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for now. I'm not surprised Celever accepted Luis's claims unflinchingly, since that seems in character for Celever, and also the scan cleared him so it's in his best interests to promote it anyway. It's possible that Celever and Luis are scumming together and that the scum team has some other ability(ies) that caused the timer to rise that they're using as cover, but I don't think that's what actually happened.

There's also the fact that Luis claims his scans are entirely clear. I think that if he were a scum with a made up claim he would have said something about his scans being anti-mafia only, since mafia obviously know who the innos are but don't know the indies identity and they'd be instantly found out as a liar by the indie if they accidentally listed the indie as a clear townie.

The indie doesn't want the timer reduced...
A one-use triple seer ability is remarkably powerful... but reporting the results first thing in the morning makes things a bit tight. Between two Star Witnesses and three confo-town, there are way too many targets for a NK.
Anyway... the reporter admitted his lack of seering abilities, yet he singled out Athena. I have an idea about who the reporter may be, but I'm not willing to share it right now. Regardless, I see nothing out of the ordinary with Athena. Her actions aren't that different compared to those of others.
My current lynch candidates are Luis and Cypher. I'll look into D1 a bit more and write other ideas.
You're current lynch candidates include Luis? Why?

I don't get why BB is already thinking about lynching Athena. An investigative role could be an assest to the town. I think BB is assuming anyone who is mention in the night recap is scum which is really suspicious. His style this whole game has been "If I am not being lynched why should I care". He jumped on 4 bandwagons D1 pt 2, and 5 bandwagons on D1 pt. 1.
Sorry what? Are you saying Thena is an investigative role, something I've manage to miss again? I don't even get what you're saying.

@Luispipe8 Why did you choose Celever, Squirtle Squad and I to seer?

SquirtleSquad/Luis seems like the type of people who are mafia. I mean, I'm no detective, but when someone accuses somebody, its worthwhile to look into both of them. Also apologies for not posting, my Internet was down for a couple days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back