Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, Day 2 will end on Thursday, August 9, at noon PST, or about 22 hours from now. I'm terribly sorry about this, guys.

Last edited:
Now that was weird. :p

Although I'm convinced Palutena is a good case, I'm still not sure he's a better lynch than Jabber...

Are you serious? Jabberwock is the worst lynch option we have. Unless the other people on the list want to come forward, there is no reason to continue to pursue his lynch further. Considering we have less than twenty-four hours in the day I would suggest everyone switch votes.

Are you serious? Jabberwock is the worst lynch option we have. Unless the other people on the list want to come forward, there is no reason to continue to pursue his lynch further. Considering we have less than twenty-four hours in the day I would suggest everyone switch votes.
Who do you think is a better option?

I'll toss my support for Jabber. I think he's town.

Now this reeks of scum trying to gain their town cred right before the day ends and a town gets lynched. There is no clear evidence that Jabberwock is clearly a bad lynch. The best one might say, is that it is neutral, since there are points to both directions. In addition, giving no evidence to the opinion that Jabber is the worst lynch, is very scummy imo, as town would bring explanation with them, because they would want to convince the others that they are right. However, saying just "it is the worst lynch" is only for you to appear town later on and not really for trying and move everyone from lynching Jabber.
Throw that with PMJ's possible dumbtelling on NP+ possible slip regarding the amount of scums in this game, and I think that right now, I can't ignore SO much alerts. We can wait for Jabber's response for tomorrow.

##VOTE:pMJ

Are you serious? Jabberwock is the worst lynch option we have.
Why do you believe this? At the current moment there is more evidence damning Jabber than there is defending him. Do you believe PP to be a better lynch for today? If so, why are you more certain that PP would flip scum compared to Jabber?

Now this reeks of scum trying to gain their town cred right before the day ends and a town gets lynched.

You aren't paying attention. If I'm scum I have nothing to lose by letting Jabberwock get lynched. Camoclone said it best last game when he said that inactivity in the town doesn't hurt scum. The less scumhunting that goes on, the better. The fact that Jabberwock has sat at L-4 or L-3 or whatever for literally all of day two with no one but Reinforce coming to his defense is pretty good circumstantial evidence that Jabberwock is town. If Jabberwock really was scum, there would be more people trying to stop him from being lynched.

There is no clear evidence that Jabberwock is clearly a bad lynch. The best one might say, is that it is neutral, since there are points to both directions.
No one has said definitively that Jabberwock is scum, just that his claim could be a safe claim, but you could think up a reason to call literally any claim a safe claim so I don't care to put any stock in that. Fear tactics is all that is.

"but he appears on the list!!!!"

Yeah, so what?

"he needs to be lynched!!!!!"

No he doesn't.

In addition, giving no evidence to the opinion that Jabber is the worst lynch, is very scummy imo, as town would bring explanation with them, because they would want to convince the others that they are right.

I didn't think I had to spell it out for everyone. It was pretty obvious to me.

- Reinforce, like Celever, doesn't stick his neck out unless it's a sure thing. Reinforce backed Jabberwock. So maybe they're both scum. This is highly unlikely because no one except Reinforce has come to Jabberwock's aid and I feel that if Jabberwock really was scum, his team would be pushing someone else's lynch just to get the votes off him. It's more likely that they are both town, especially since Reinforce's role focuses specifically on Jabberwock's character. And they don't have different alignments because scum Jabber wouldn't have a role that doubles up with Reinforce's and scum Reinforce would have no reason to keep Jabberwock alive.
- Inactive town works best for scum, scum wouldn't just lay back and let one of their own die this early on. Remember no one came to Jabberwock's defense (and by that I mean no one said, definitely, Jabberwock is not scum, and not this lightweight "ohhh it could be a safe claim guys :( :( :(" garbage)
- Benjamin Cloviet is canonically good (yes I'm going there), and as this is Jesi's first game I don't believe she would make him a safe claim.

However, saying just "it is the worst lynch" is only for you to appear town later on and not really for trying and move everyone from lynching Jabber.
I said it is the worst lynch because it is the worst lynch. The reasoning is stupid. You should worry more if Jabberwock flips scum, not town.

Throw that with PMJ's possible dumbtelling on NP+ possible slip regarding the amount of scums in this game, and I think that right now, I can't ignore SO much alerts. We can wait for Jabber's response for tomorrow.

w e a k e s t e v i d e n c e e v e r

Try harder next time.

Why do you believe this?

see above post

At the current moment there is more evidence damning Jabber

no there isn't

than there is defending him.

Only because no one but me and Reinforce think he's town. This is a scum wagon through and through. At least one person on this wagon is scum and I think it's Professor Palutena.

Do you believe PP to be a better lynch for today? If so, why are you more certain that PP would flip scum compared to Jabber?

Pay more attention. I outlined my reasoning in the post in which I voted for him:

So you think that no one is scummier than the "barely scummy" Jabberwock? Everyone else in this game ranks so low on your scum radar that you're happy with lynching someone who is almost certainly town? I don't buy it. You're auto-piloting again. The fact that Jabber is already in the lead and your vote is already conveniently parked on him means you can just say "yeah he's the best choice" and watch the town do nothing as he gets strung up.

If that's not good enough for you, consider then that I think Jabberwock is town and his wagon is BS so anyone else would be a better choice. He's not in any danger of tying anyone in votes so the scum are just lying back and letting it happen. No discussion, no refuting the wagon, just wait out the day. It's becoming this site's scum MO and it's sickening.

You aren't paying attention. If I'm scum I have nothing to lose by letting Jabberwock get lynched. Camoclone said it best last game when he said that inactivity in the town doesn't hurt scum. The less scumhunting that goes on, the better. The fact that Jabberwock has sat at L-4 or L-3 or whatever for literally all of day two with no one but Reinforce coming to his defense is pretty good circumstantial evidence that Jabberwock is town. If Jabberwock really was scum, there would be more people trying to stop him from being lynched.
As much as I'd be inclined to agree, scum wouldn't risk their necks this early to save on of their own. It hurts them more to out themselves should Jabber be lynched anyway. Later on, when they can handle the numbers better, maybe, but they're still vastly outnumbered. It'd be in their best interest, even, to vote out the member found early to earn cred for later.

So that's not really a defense. However, if the evidence on you is so weak, I see little reason why you'd be working so hard to disprove it.
Also, you're defending Jabber now. Strongly. So that's in consideration too.

If that's not good enough for you, consider then that I think Jabberwock is town and his wagon is BS so anyone else would be a better choice. He's not in any danger of tying anyone in votes so the scum are just lying back and letting it happen. No discussion, no refuting the wagon, just wait out the day. It's becoming this site's scum MO and it's sickening.
I taste salt.
Give me your pick then. Who's better than Jabber?
Of course that's what they do, that's what any smart person would. I mean, unless they start a ridiculous wagon and town follows for no reason.

As much as I'd be inclined to agree, scum wouldn't risk their necks this early to save on of their own. It hurts them more to out themselves should Jabber be lynched anyway.

You're missing the point. Jabber wouldn't be this close to getting lynched if he was scum. They would have nipped that in the bud almost immediately and suggested someone else to get strung up. He's being lynched because scum is letting the town dawdle themselves to death.

Later on, when they can handle the numbers better, maybe, but they're still vastly outnumbered.

All the more reason they would be stupid to just let one of their number die; thanks for proving my point.

It'd be in their best interest, even, to vote out the member found early to earn cred for later.

This is why I find everyone who still thinks ol' Jibby is scum to be suspicious. Anyone who says "oh well his claim looks okay but it couuuuuuuuuld be a safe claim, tee hee!" is just trying to cover their ass for when he flips town. Plausible deniability at its finest.

So that's not really a defense.

What's not?

However, if the evidence on you is so weak, I see little reason why you'd be working so hard to disprove it.

I'm not. I addressed it once, after scattered mind initially brought it up. The bulk of my post dealt with my defense of Jabberwock, not sm's case on me.

Also, you're defending Jabber now. Strongly. So that's in consideration too.
In consideration of what, exactly? Also I am aware of who I'm defending. Talk to me after he flips scum (he won't).

I taste salt.

I personally don't have a reason to be salty. I just don't think that mafia should be played this way.

Give me your pick then. Who's better than Jabber?

@scattered mind This is real dumbtelling. I answered this question twice already, never mind that my vote is already on PP so that should tell you who I think is a better lynch option, never mind that I answered this question in the same post Keeper quoted which was literally the previous post.
Of course that's what they do, that's what any smart person would. I mean, unless they start a ridiculous wagon and town follows for no reason.
That's exactly what's happening right now.

Sorta WIFOMy. If he was scum and someone defended him, then that'd be obvious.
It would not be obvious. Can you tell, 100% of the time, when scum is deflecting a lynch off their buddy? You can do it without appearing to be overtly buddying. At the start of the day, when Jabberwock got within a stone's throw of being lynched, how many people said something like, "hey guys, we'd better take it easy, day 2 just started and Jabberwock is almost lynched?" No one. No one even entertained the idea of not lynching him until he claimed and, surprise, no one is willing to believe him.

PMJ is right that if Jabber was scum he wouldn't have sat so close to being lynched for as long as he has, among other points as well.

##unvote

##vote: Jabberwock

This I feel I'm quite sure of nailing scum
At the current moment there is more evidence damning Jabber than there is defending him
You were for Jabber's lynch and seemed pretty confident that he would flip scum before PMJ defended him...
PMJ is right that if Jabber was scum he wouldn't have sat so close to being lynched for as long as he has, among other points as well.

##unvote
...and yet here you are changing your mind, admitting that PMJ was right. A little scummy if you ask me.

Double got to it before I did, but he's right. It seems like you joined a bandwagon simply because it looked like it was taking off. Now that it's fallen flat you turn your back.

You were for Jabber's lynch and seemed pretty confident that he would flip scum before PMJ defended him...
...and yet here you are changing your mind, admitting that PMJ was right. A little scummy if you ask me.
Yes I was sure of Jabber at the time, it all made sense with his claim and the safe-claim list, and just his overall behavior. But I'm not blind, PMJ makes a very solid case on Jabber's defense. If he was scum it wouldn't make sense to have him just wait it out until his lynch. I asked PMJ some questions and with his response to me and his response to SM I was sold. It's not scummy to change your mind after days have passed and posts have been made. Also why do you think changing your mind is so scummy?

It seems like you joined a bandwagon simply because it looked like it was taking off. Now that it's fallen flat you turn your back.
I was among the first to have suspicion on Jabber, even being the first to call him out for playing tactics similar to bb in the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back