(1) 40+ 'Call of Legends' Scans [1/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Everyone saying they're horrible

Honestly, what did you expect? It's a set of reprints of format cards with a dash of promos from Japan. Japan do not make their promo cards playable, because they're meant to be promotional, or in incredibly layman terms: collectible only. It's also a filler set, it's not going to be fantastic. Majestic Dawn, anyone?

We've known for months now that CoL was going to be a massive reprint set just so they could finally release the last Lost Link cards they'd tossed to the side, ergo we've known for months that at least 90% of the cards were going to be awful. Mainly due to that point I made about JP promo cards and them being forcibly printed into a set.

I laugh at everyone who was expecting them to reprint amazingly broken cards like Claydol GE that shouldnt be in the metagame. Im play and im a collector so I like the legends from a collector standpoint. Still gonna go to the prerelease tomorrow and have fun.

I approve NOTHING out of this set so far. The only things i want are energy's.Thats kinda sad.

Atleast is the Phanpy better then the HGSS one.
Research Record is a sort of chatot G counter.
Some artwork is cool but some are horrible.
Lost World is probally a Secret rare then.

This set is not really all that bad. I like this set better than HS Truimphant because unlike TU, this set barely had hype similar to a Halo game. And it's reprint set I barely expected anything else other than the missing LL cards and promos. I can't wait to get all the shinies.

Set list so far:

3 Dialga
6 Groudon
10 Houndoom
14 Lucario
19 Palkia
29 Mr Mime
31 Skarmory
33 Snorlax
34 Tangrowth
36 Tyrogue
37 Ursaring
39 Zangoose
40 Bayleaf
41 Croconaw
42 Donphan
43 Flaaffy
46 Magby
47 Mime Jr
48 Pidgeotto
49 Quilava
50 Riolu
51 Seviper
54 Clefairy
55 Cyndaquil
56 Eevee
57 Hitmonchan
58 Hitmonlee
59 Houndour
61 Magikarp
62 Magmar
63 Mareep
64 Mawile
65 Misdreavus
66 Phanphy
67 Pidgey
68 Pineco
69 Relicanth
70 Slowpoke
71 Snubbull
72 Tangela
73 Teddiursa
74 Totodile
75 Vulpix
76 Cheerleader's Chant
78 Dual Ball
82 Professor Elm's Training Method
83 Professor Oak New Theory
84 Research Document
85 Sage Training
86 Special Darkness Energy
87 Special Metal Energy
88-95 Basic Energy
11 Shiny Pokemon

@Anyone who thinks Lost World isn't being realeased because there isn't a scans:
This is only half the cards, Lost World has been announced, so it will be in this set.

@Mew the source of all:
Actually, since cards are ordered alphabetically, it only has 3 possible spots.

Otherwise, this set is awful. Not going to buy any packs at all. Only playable things so far is the Research Record. Lol at "Phanphy". Got to get a ton of those. I like Skarmorys art.

No, Lost World is in the set. WPM is just busy, and can't get the scans up. Yet. All I'm looking forward to seeing is if they changed Lost World to 8, as opposed to 6.

Wow, ninja(s).

^Thats what I said. I hope Lost World is in the set, just 8 or 10 needed.

The PONT reprint is very nice I have to admit, it is probably the only reason I'll go to the prerelease, also I really like the set symbol. Those are the props of this set so far IMO, other then that it is a fairly poor release.

English Lost World Scan here

http://www.pokecardex.com/news-671-call-of-legends-un-pachirisu-dans-le-monde-perdu

Looks like number 81 on the card, meaning Lost Remover will be 80? Seems to add up so far.

Wow! Nice find Tamoo! I'll probably be happier to pull a RH Psychic energy than a SL pokemon haha.

But the set is garbage.

@Tamoo: Thanks for providing the Lost World scan.:) Now everybody who didn't think it was coming can see it and KNOW that it's coming and that there is no silly eratta for the card. I'm not describing myself by the way.:p

What's all this talk about Reverse Holo Energy in the set? Is this some silly rumor or is it true? Also, a reprint that I'm hoping for (that's way more likely to happen then Claydol...lol) is Pokemon Collecter. Anybody else hoping for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back