(1) 6th Generation Coming Soon? [11/26]

Very true, Gen 3 remakes would be soooo cool! But them being on the 3DS before gen6? I don't think so.

Card Slinger J said:
Dragon Master Ryuuji said:
I think backwards compatibility with Gen 5 would be nice, honestly I don't see why anyone would want to catch every single Pokemon again in one generation. It's better to just transfer em. Though compatibility should be obvious. If anything a 6th Gen might put a stunt in all that PokeSav stuff.

Exactly my point I'd rather transfer them as well too, If anything I'd hate to do what MTGXerxes from YouTube did by sticking exclusively to one Generation of the franchise. In his case it's Gen IV but my case could be Gen V If it ever comes down to that in Gen VI which I hope won't be the case.

You do know why people use PokeSav right? To save time and effort from having to breed and EV Train their Pokemon for competitive battling when doing it the old fashioned way would take several hours or a day or two, maybe a week depending on what kind of schedule you have I guess. Why do you think PokeTubers like AAmazing0 uses PokeSav?

Or it could take 5 minutes if you have Join Avenue and put the effort into that and then become lazy/take some time to simply get them to a high rank.

DragonTamer said:
What if they are rushing it to get out of their pattern and do something COMPLETELY out of the ordinary? What if they want to now release a Pokemon Gray that has the original dragon made up of Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem? I think that's actually possible and I would be slightly happy that they're going out of their regular patterns to do it, although it would be boring for many people to play in the same region for the third, fourth or even fifth time.

They never followed any pattern to begin with.
They just work on one game at a time and figure out what to do next when the time comes, taking into account current hardware and everyhing.

DragonTamer said:
I don't think Gen V will end this early, I mean this Gen has only been out for 2 years!

Its gonna easily be 3 years at least, when the games come out.

There is nothing to prolong gen V in terms of games AND pokemon all done, revealed, finished and tied together. Its not just a choice they have to make, this time they are forced to come up with something new faster because of the whole outdated handheld issue anyway.

Grumpigfarmer said:
Very true, Gen 3 remakes would be soooo cool! But them being on the 3DS before gen6? I don't think so.

Hence not at all. Dx

I hope they reveal Generation 6 games soon I am really tired of Unova and it's Pokémon. I'm going more for the route of starting the 3DS with Generation 6 games I do think it would be pretty redundant to kick off the 3DS main games with a Ruby/Sapphire Remake and not a new generation. I hope that in Generation 6 the designs of the Pokémon are more original and based on more species of Pokémon they have yet to make like a hammerhead shark or a ring-tailed lemur or a koala the list can go on and on. Oh yeah they can throw in the occasional inadament object Pokémon like a chair that evolves into a table yeah I said.

Mitja said:
AquaticWartortle said:
I do agree that the generation is being rushed, especially with Genesect being released extremely early! But I disagree a bit with the 3DS part, when the Nintendo DS was released in 2004, all we got were side games until 2007!

What are you talking about? The DS came out a year after Firered/Leafgreen and 3 months after Emerald.

But here we have, not just BW milking DS' success, but the unavoidable sequels dragged it way over.
And as WPM said, they were one of the first to recieve the devkits for 3DS.. surely they have looked at it over the past 3 years no?

There is no way on earth they would not make the next games for 3DS.

I mean, don't you think a popular franchise like Pokemon should actually be promoting nintendos current 2 year old handheld? lol
Its a no brainer to me.

This is where I have to disagree. If they skip to Gen. 6, which is highly likely, then the next games will most likely be made for the 3DS. However, if they do decide to surprise everyone, which they could, and announce the RS remakes, than the next games will still be suited for the Nintendo DS. Why is this? Well, it's because Pokemon has never switched consoles in the middle of a generation so why would they do it now? They could have totally put B2W2 on the 3DS but they chose not to because they were clearly in the middle of a generation. If you look back at the GameBoy Advance, which was released in March 2001, They waited around another 2 years before putting Gen. 3 out onto the system, 3 years out from Gen. 2.

RiverShock said:
Urgh, when I first saw that post, I thought it was going to be more than speculation. I'm disappointed.

I really don't think the next generation is that close. If they decide they need to fill the gap between now and the next gen, they can and quite possibly will do a Ruby/Sapphire remake. Along those lines, I also expect a Kyogre/Groudon movie, rather than something with a new Pokemon. There is no rule stating they have to have a new Pokemon, written or unwritten. Also, given both Kyogre and Groudon haven't had more than cameos (Groudon hasn't even really had that) in movies, it makes a lot of sense. Aside from Ho-Oh, I think they're the ONLY remaining "ingame ubers" not to have had a major role in a movie. (Ingame ubers being the non-event Pokemon banned from the Battle facilities.) I think 2013 will be a year of semi-important games rather than the start of the next generation. (I expect a new Ranger game and quite possibly a Wii/Wii U game, as well as a possible R/S remake.)

I just hope that in the event a Generation 6 occurs, older Pokemon (possibly with a few Event Pokemon exceptions, in a method similar to the Relocator) aren't importable. It's kind of ridiculous that Pokemon from Gen 3 are still usable despite GBA support having been dropped years ago. I could almost see them starting Gen 6 with a GSC/HGSS-style Ruby/Sapphire sequel with a new region alongside it as an excuse to do this. Almost.

Exactly. 2013 is a year to be filled with sequels, finishing touches, old Pokemon. Forget Gen. 6! We only have one Mystery Dungeon game!! I mean come one people!! Look at Gen. 4 for crying out loud! They had Explorers of Time and Darkness, Shadows of Almia, Explorers of Sky, Blazing, Stromy, and Light Adventure Squad, Guardian Signs, and countless other random games like Rumble, PokePark Wii, and Battle Revolution and there's still more!! I mean sure we've gotten Rumble Bast and PokePark Wii 2, but where's the Battle Revolution?? And all of the Mystery Dungeons and Ranger games!! We need something like Battle Revolution U and some more Ranger games!! Gen. 6 will not be here until 2014. And I'm actually looking forward to RS remakes!

For spin offs gen 5 has had.
Conquest
PMD
Poke Park 2
Dream radar(sort of counts)
Rumble blast
The Typing game(not released in NA)

Like I said earlier, we still need a console battling game before we move to gen 6.

Rayquazaking said:
and, another thing, WHEN THE HECK WILL THEY MAKE A CONSOLE POKEMON GAME FOR A CHANGE?

and no, they put him in events for BW 2, and u have to TRADE to get him to BW 1

Dude. They made a BUNCH of Console games. The original Smash Bros., Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Puzzle League, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Box: RS, Pokemon Channel, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Colosseum, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, My Pokemon Ranch, PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure, Pokemon Rumble, Pokemon Battle Revolution and PokePark 2: Wonder's Beyond. All console games. Most of the are older but still, they're console games.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Im thinking-
6th gen will be
Pokemon __ version and pokemon __ version
R/S or E Virtual Console 3DS(with multiplayer :O?!?!)
some 3DS app
Pokemon Combo game/Sequel

No. No. Just no. They absolutely, positively, surely, won't make an Emerald remake. If they make a Gen. 3 remake it will either be in Gen. 5 or 6 but I surely will not be Emerald. Emerald was like a remake itself, because it's just Ruby and Sapphire with all the kinks worked out, 3 years later. If they were to ever possibly even make a remake it would be in 2015 or 2016 because a general thing for Pokemon to do is for them to wait about 10 years before even thinking about a remake. Next year will mark 10 years from R/S releases so next year they will make the remakes. Whether it's in Gen. 5 or Gen. 6.

Teal said:
WPM, exactly my thoughts. Anyone who thinks that:
- RSE remakes come out before gen 6
- next games are not for 3DS
- next games don't come out late 2013 (possibly early 2014, would be really unusual though) [Japan]
is being really ridiculous.

I can agree the Gen. 6 games will come out on the 3DS and will be in 2014, but I think we still have a clear shot at getting R/S remakes. There have been two past Gens with remakes, so why not this one? I think 2013 is a year of sequels, remakes, extra games such as Rangers and Mystery Dungeons, and older Pokemon. 2014 IMO will be the release on Gen. 6. They may reveal some Pokemon now, but I highly doubt it will come out with the new games before 2014. I mean, look at the Zoroark movie. In Dec. 2009, it was first revealed in CoroCoro. It wasn't released in the movie until the following Dec. and after that in March 2011, Black and White Unova region games. So if they start talking about a Gen. 6 Pokemon in December's issue or CoroCoro, then we can pretty much infer that they will do the same thing with Gen. 6 games. And meanwhile, in 2010, while slowly learning about Unova, HGSS snuck in as remakes. And it's possible that they start talking about the remakes in the new issue, and in 3-4 months tops it'll be on shelves in Japan where it will come to America any time from August-November. Kind of like B2W2. Because they starting talking about those back in April and June 23rd of the same year, they had them released in Japan and in October, they released 'em in America.

Check said:
This is something to think about because true Melloetta is technically Ash`s pokemon but he has yet to capture it plus of how long the 3DShas been out is weird. Also why is Genosect out so early and getting his own movie is something to think about. Then comes the games the 1st 5th gen game came out in March of last year Black and White the 2nd game Pokemon Rumble Blast came out in October of last year then the 3rd game came out in October of this year what was with the 1 year time lap-st between those game and why no Mystery Dungeon for 5th gen anyway? In this way i`d say yes.

You are incorrect. There is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnate and the Infinite Labyrinth and the one and a half year time lapse is normal for a third game in the series or a "sequel". In fact, this was quite fast, considering it took DPt 2 years, R/S/E 3 years, and so on, so forth.

Well, it's possible but unlikely that gen 6 comes in 2014 and 2013 just gives us loads of spin-offs (but definitely NOT RS remakes) including a really important spin-off that gets a movie (like Manaphy => Ranger), but even then they would definitely reveal a gen 6 Pokémon in the next movie.
However if this was the case it would have been smarter to save Meloetta for the spin-off (like Manaphy) and the fact that they didn't just makes it seem much more likely that gen 6 is coming in 2013.

Also Game Freak would probably not wait for spin-offs, because why would they. If gen 6 is ready by 2013, we also get it in 2013. Why would they rush now if there is a possibility of a delay?

Okay think about this.

Apparently, gamefreak work on 2 games simultaneously at most.

Like working on remakes/third version while already developing the next gen in the background, so there isn't 3 years of nothing inbetween.

They likely started figuring out the 3DS when they got the devkit, at which time they were already finishing up BW.
After BW, instead of a easier to develop remake or third version, they went with BW2 which have proper new content requiring more work.

My point is, if theyve been developing the games to start their 3DS era in gen 5s backgrounds, I don't see how they could shovel out quality RS remakes just like that now, unless they were recently working on 3 completely unrelated sets of games at the same time lol.

Maybe Groudon and Kyogre are getting new formes in new Hoenn games (whether its a sequel, remake, etc. is of no real concern). Totally gonna happen :p

Sandstorm and Hail forme.
Groudons activated in the desert, Kyogres in the suspicious icy bottom of Shoal Cave.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Id rather have a new set of mascots do that though.

And regis turn from solid to liquid:
Ice->Water
Rock->Ground (mud)
Steel->Poison (acid) (or fire-magma)

Id rather have a new liquid trio instead then too tho.
e__e

Ruby and saphire remakes would be awesome, or even a "gray" game. No matter what, it seems like the next game will be on 3DS for sure.

Mitja said:
Sandstorm and Hail forme.
Groudons activated in the desert, Kyogres in the suspicious icy bottom of Shoal Cave.

And regis turn from solid to liquid:
Ice->Water
Rock->Ground (mud)
Steel->Poison (acid) (or fire-magma)

Please God, no. The last thing we need are more new formes. Especially for older, better, cooler Pokemon

We don't need 6th gen already.

However, we do need RS remakes, some younger kids don't even know what they are, and the only reason I still have my old DSlite is to play the originals. Also RBGY/FRLG remakes would be nice too.

Ive been thinking and ive made a account just to post this, what if we got two games this time is because instead of rs remakes, we get emerald remake after the 6th gen? That way they get to put both magma and auqa story in one game and we get new pokemon

Mitja said:
obviously there is gonna be something new.

Heres my take on this topic
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/journal/What-s-their-next-move-2-0-335223314

1.-Genesects reveal was rushed
2.-The DS is dead
3.-Gen3 games are as outdated as Gen1

Now on to why each of these matters and what the consequences are.

1.The reveal of Genesect (and wifi-download release shortly after) at the end of Keldeos Movie (Meloetta was in the short that plays before it) was completely unexpected by everyone.
So they have nothing left to drag this generation out a bit longer like was the case with Arceus, which was neatly being promoted along the GS remakes in generation IV. Generation V can therefore be considered finished.

Since only the supporting legendary roles of the next movie are revealed in the summer (and the actual star several months later in February), it is clear that some new Pokemon will be revealed this Winter. And that will signal a 6th generation being fully in development.

2.With the DS out of the way for good, it simply means that any future game will be made for the 3DS, which has been out for almost 2 years now. Its way overdue for a big franchise like Pokemon to start helping Nintendo sell its current handheld anyway.

This means that the next game will technically run on a new engine, new graphics etc, which basically makes it the game that sets the style that will last through generation 6.

3.The majority of people are expecting RSE remakes. Sounds easier than it is for Gamefreak to realize for a lot of minor reasons (like the issues that arise in the plot if they decided to skip Emerald like before, or the fact that RSE took place a decade ago next to recent games), and major reasons (it does not fit well with the fact that they need to do something new). But the thing is also, that RSE are just as old as the first remakes of the first games. Which begs the question, how justified is it to continue remaking newer games when the oldest become the oldest again?

And this emerging irony is why I think it is time to abandon the "remake concept" and replace it with something fresh. Especially now when the "simple third version concept" was just replaced with something actually creative, "sequels".

The conclusions from this:

1.-Gen V is finished
2.-next game will be Gen 6 "style" (a proper 3DS game)
3.-if Hoenn will be featured, it will not be simple remakes

To me, the less likely possibility is that Gamefreak goes ahead and milks the Hoenn-nostalgia cow, with either a RSE-sequel or a RSE deeper retelling.

The much more likely possibility seems to be Generation VI, because it makes much more sense to start the new technical generation with, and because we will know at least one new pokemon half a year before it can possibly be released, which won't be featured in a RSE-whatever game...

I'm sure it won't be another "fresh start" like RSE or BW, it will not drop another ~150-bomb. So new places, new pokemon, new plot, new legends are all a given.
It will either be an expansion (like Johto was to Kanto):
-for Unova
introducing new starters, new evolutionary stages for mostly if not exclusively Unova-Pokemon, along with a handful of casual Pokemon lines,
maybe more Plasma or a new group lead by any of the sages,
its own legendaries, perhaps a better glimpse at the original dragon for the post-game
-for Hoenn
which would be a much more elegant way of bringing Hoenn back to live than some simple cash-milking copy&paste remakes. Hoenn could be a post-game visit much like Kanto in GS, or most of it could be part of the main plot (similar to how BW2 explored a bigger Unova).
The starters could be new or the good old RSE ones (which IMO would be quite smart, since the Fire type for example could have more new casual Fire Pokemon instead of consisting mostly of starters LOL), there would obviously have to be new main legendaries, but related to the Hoenn ones. One wild idea would be 2 behemoths employing the other 2 weather effects (which both happen to be hazardous), Hail and Sandstorm, much like Groudon and Kyogre.
It would be taking place more than a decade after the events of RSE obviously, so there could tons of old faces, any younger relatives and kids for us to meet along the way and plenty other nostalgia elements.
-in general (like Sinnoh did)
simply a huge new region, but a unique mix of old pokemon with some new, plenty new stages, a big plot etc.

All 3 seem very plausible and interesting. But the 2nd would get rid of the need for RSE remakes and remakes in general.

The next thing to look forward to, is clues about the next movies star when the title will be revealed in December.
Then the star itself, a new pokemon, should be revealed around February.
And announcements of the next games at any point after that depending on how much longer it will take them to finish.
Well there is a chance where they will make a sequel 10 years in the future like black 2 and white 2
Plus Maybe they are making a new type like light type which would make sense if they are rushing the game or maybe chemical or something

Hello, I'm not someone whose active here at all, but I saw the news article on the main set and felt the need to post up why I feel that for every reason there is to suggest R/S won't be remade, there are just as many reasons suggesting the remakes will indeed exist (and possibly next year):

1) Many R/S games are having their battery run dry.

This is something people had encountered with the 1st and 2nd gen games and is now effecting R/S games (I can speak from experience here, my Sapphire had it happen) and thus you can't play them anymore. You'd be foolish to think that Nintendo and GameFreak don't know this.

2) Nintendo -- and in turn GameFreak -- are about moving forward.

You may able to get 3rd Pokemon via a couple methods (3rd -> 4th -> 5th or 4th (Plat/HG/SS) -> 5th), but Nintendo nor GameFreak wants to admit to that. They want to move forward with new products and cut off support for 3rd and soon 4th generation games. I guarantee you by 2014 latest we'll have a new model of 3DS that will not read DS game cards. You might say "no, they're the same shape as 3DS games!" yeah well new Wii models and Wii U won't read GCN games, new models of 360 and PS3 won't read XBox and PS2 games respectively. All of which their games are the same shape -- a standard disc. It'd be a simple task to yank backwards compatibility from new models of 3DSes. And yes you could still play 5th gen on a DS/DSLite to use the GBA slot, but again: NINTENDO WON'T TELL YOU TO. They'd push the new 3DS model.

3) 10th anniversary

Yes I know the anniversary has come and gone, but they already had B2/W2 going. That was using B/W's engine and was a simple game to make, I assure you. With R/S remakes, however, it'd take a considerable amount of time to rebuild it from ground up for 3/DS. So they probably did B2/W2 to tide people over till R/S remakes were ready to be shown off. Remember: HG/SS were the last 4th generation games. ;)

4a) Hints up the wazoo

In B2/W2 there's a house that in the originals had a Team Rocket member living it, and I can't provide proof of this myself (haven't played B2/W2 in a while) but from what I've heard from multiple people that person is no longer there. Its now a Team Aqua (or Team Magma, I forget) member. A bit of a ... random change wouldn't you agree?

4b) Dive has returned to being an HM. This was not the case in 4th generation, yet all of a sudden it is for 5th generation? I think that's because if it wasn't, it'd cause compatibility issues with R/S remakes. Not to mention that due to Dive being an HM we have underwater segments of the games, which further proves that they are subtly hinting to the existence of R/S remakes.

4c) Groudon and Kyogre events

Surely we all know of this recent event. You might be a naysayer who says "well its just to celebrate the 10th aniv, nothing else". No, I don't think so. Its always been the first 2 games remade with elements of the 3rd (HG/SS featuring the Suicune subplot) and who are the poster boys of R/S? Groudon and Kyogre. Kinda makes you think why they picked those two in particular for the event.

5) Money

This is the biggest reason they will exist.

You might also say "We don't need full remakes, they can slap them onto the eShop". Very true, but Nintendo nor GameFreak would want that. Pokemon is a cashcow. One of Nintendo's biggest. Gamer or not, you know what Pokemon is. Its a household name. Hell, Pokemon has become a literal word due to the massive popularity. Why settle for $5-$10 on eShop when you can get $35 or $40 a pop for full blown remakes? GameFreak and Nintendo are businesses, they want money and as much of it as they can get. Wouldn't make much business sense. You could say 'why not remake 1st or 2nd gen again then?" because we have them already and they know consumers won't buy them again so soon. Will we ever see new R/B and G/S games? I'm not sure, but maybe.

6th) Demand

You may not like R/S, but a lot of people love them. Myself included. I've posted this kind of article on GameFAQs and other such places and even done polls, and while those aren't a fraction of gamers, the polls ended with more people WANTING remakes than there are people who oppose them. So this goes back to money -- there's a lot of it to be made with that kind of demand.

WAIT!!! I got it, get this, why not best of both worlds? On 6th gen be able to go to hoen and see how everything turned out? Its a good idea

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
We don't need 6th gen already.

whaaaaat? Sure we do D:<

SoulSilver said:
Hello, I'm not someone whose active here at all, but I saw the news article on the main set and felt the need to post up why I feel that for every reason there is to suggest R/S won't be remade, there are just as many reasons suggesting the remakes will indeed exist (and possibly next year):

The issue is the 3DS changeover is much much less a mess if they just go to next gen instead of starting the new generation in technical/compatibility terms with remakes.

They could go for that, but it seems unlike something gamefreak would go for this instead of the elegant way.

SoulSilver said:
1) Many R/S games are having their battery run dry.

This is something people had encountered with the 1st and 2nd gen games and is now effecting R/S games (I can speak from experience here, my Sapphire had it happen) and thus you can't play them anymore. You'd be foolish to think that Nintendo and GameFreak don't know this.

They could start "omg GBA games on 3DS e-shop" thing properly by having gen III remakes on there. xDD
No idea what nintendos plans are in this area though, they seem pretty secretive.

SoulSilver said:
2) Nintendo -- and in turn GameFreak -- are about moving forward.

You may able to get 3rd Pokemon via a couple methods (3rd -> 4th -> 5th or 4th (Plat/HG/SS) -> 5th), but Nintendo nor GameFreak wants to admit to that. They want to move forward with new products and cut off support for 3rd and soon 4th generation games. I guarantee you by 2014 latest we'll have a new model of 3DS that will not read DS game cards. You might say "no, they're the same shape as 3DS games!" yeah well new Wii models and Wii U won't read GCN games, new models of 360 and PS3 won't read XBox and PS2 games respectively. All of which their games are the same shape -- a standard disc. It'd be a simple task to yank backwards compatibility from new models of 3DSes. And yes you could still play 5th gen on a DS/DSLite to use the GBA slot, but again: NINTENDO WON'T TELL YOU TO. They'd push the new 3DS model.

When its about the pokemon themselves being available, they do a good job of covering all the crucial stuff (starters/legendaries) in each generation.
Any Hoenn-exclusive starter/legendary is just as hard to get as Kanto/Johto starters/legendaries. Or its even available in BW2.

The least available starters and mascot legends at the moment are the gen IV ones.

SoulSilver said:
3) 10th anniversary

Yes I know the anniversary has come and gone, but they already had B2/W2 going. That was using B/W's engine and was a simple game to make, I assure you. With R/S remakes, however, it'd take a considerable amount of time to rebuild it from ground up for 3/DS. So they probably did B2/W2 to tide people over till R/S remakes were ready to be shown off. Remember: HG/SS were the last 4th generation games. ;)

Remember, Emerald was the last game in 3rd gen...

you cant compare back, the situation is a completely different one anyway due to gen V not being 3DS.

SoulSilver said:
4a) Hints up the wazoo

In B2/W2 there's a house that in the originals had a Team Rocket member living it, and I can't provide proof of this myself (haven't played B2/W2 in a while) but from what I've heard from multiple people that person is no longer there. Its now a Team Aqua (or Team Magma, I forget) member. A bit of a ... random change wouldn't you agree?

Not at all.. its as much a hint for RSE remakes then as the on in BW was for FRLG remakes.
Actually the Rocket one we saw first, that was much more of a suspicious thing. changing to the RS ones is the funny thing anyone would do with sequels like those.

SoulSilver said:
4b) Dive has returned to being an HM. This was not the case in 4th generation, yet all of a sudden it is for 5th generation? I think that's because if it wasn't, it'd cause compatibility issues with R/S remakes. Not to mention that due to Dive being an HM we have underwater segments of the games, which further proves that they are subtly hinting to the existence of R/S remakes.

There are no possible compatibility issues with what HM is used in whatever game.

I mean heck the previous remakes had different HMs than their current generation.

SoulSilver said:
4c) Groudon and Kyogre events

Surely we all know of this recent event. You might be a naysayer who says "well its just to celebrate the 10th aniv, nothing else". No, I don't think so. Its always been the first 2 games remade with elements of the 3rd (HG/SS featuring the Suicune subplot) and who are the poster boys of R/S? Groudon and Kyogre. Kinda makes you think why they picked those two in particular for the event.

Because it was 10 year anniversary of RS... I thought that would have been a good occasion to announce remakes being in development, but no they hand out the legends themselves instead eh? Just further dicredits possibilities of RS remakes as the next thing coming at us. Especially if they do the same as wifi-download for international in a year..

SoulSilver said:
5) Money

This is the biggest reason they will exist.

You might also say "We don't need full remakes, they can slap them onto the eShop". Very true, but Nintendo nor GameFreak would want that. Pokemon is a cashcow. One of Nintendo's biggest. Gamer or not, you know what Pokemon is. Its a household name. Hell, Pokemon has become a literal word due to the massive popularity. Why settle for $5-$10 on eShop when you can get $35 or $40 a pop for full blown remakes? GameFreak and Nintendo are businesses, they want money and as much of it as they can get. Wouldn't make much business sense. You could say 'why not remake 1st or 2nd gen again then?" because we have them already and they know consumers won't buy them again so soon. Will we ever see new R/B and G/S games? I'm not sure, but maybe.

You make it sound like there is barely work involved in creating remakes. They have to visually redo everything and add enough new content too.
At least as much development as BW2 took Im guessing

SoulSilver said:
6th) Demand

You may not like R/S, but a lot of people love them. Myself included. I've posted this kind of article on GameFAQs and other such places and even done polls, and while those aren't a fraction of gamers, the polls ended with more people WANTING remakes than there are people who oppose them. So this goes back to money -- there's a lot of it to be made with that kind of demand.

I love RSE. I just replayed Emerald this year. The lack of physical/special split is not cool, but other than that, they're still way more awesome to play than the first 2 gens. Id rather have new games next.

Im sure they can find a way to milk the RSE crowd...when they get the right opportunity for it. Right now, its not a good time. Perhaps after the first 3DS set. Im sure the demand will be even higher by then anyway, especially if they put some "red gyarados on tv"-stuff in 6th gen games to fuel that desire even further. Gamefreak know what theyre doing.

Think of it this way. If they make 6th gen first, and use Hoenn after that, it'll probably look more beautiful anyway.

hmm this was interesting to read! 6th gen on the horizon? Well its totally posssible!! I wouldnt mind some more pokemon, however errr still trying to collect this gen's card sets >xO I wonder what kind of pikachu-like pokemon they will have for the 6th gen!!! Thats my main concern! ;p

I just cant wait for the english Keldeo movie!!!

I personally hope there is a Ruby/Sapphire remake in the far future! It just wouldnt be fun for them to do that soon IMO cuz we can get 3rd gen legendaries in the newest games. I was soooo happy when that announced HGSS I was like, =D YAY I CAN EASILY CATCH LUGIA!!!!!! T-T I think also, yeah there may be a 6th before a R/S remake. I would be happy with a R/S/E remake any time though!! Sapphire was such a fun game! =D

If you ask me I think all the 3rd Gen hints and stuff are actually signs we won't get them. Why would the give us Kyogre/Groudon if we were getting the games they were coming with? If you ask me I think the next gen will be the biggest most changing one of them all. G1 gave us Pokemon (duh), G2 just expanded on that, G3 was again expansion, but also gave us some info to work with. G4 Was a big one, gave us the origin of all Pokemon, the reasons why space and time exist. G5 didn't really do heaps apart from the Original Dragon stuff. I think G5 was just a stepping stone for G6. I have a feeling that G6 will be like G5 in one way, be a continuous story that spans multiple games (and on the 3DS).

Prepare yourselves. The best Gen is coming.

Back