(1) 'Black' and 'White' American Release Date: April? [10/5]

RE: (1) 'Black' and 'White' American Release Date: April 22nd [10/5]

Is it just me, or have they released on the 22nd before? Iirc, D/P came out April 22nd. :3

errrrrm don't nintendo games come out on sundays? I find this info to be fishy

Noooooo! WHYYYYY? Why must Nintendo make us wait six whole months for Black and White? It doesn't make any sense!

Why couldn't they have released it like HeartGold and SoulSilver, in March? Or better yet, the Christmas season this year? This doesn't seem right. Why would they push the release date back a month from when they last released HG and SS? I hope this is wrong.

(EDIT: This was a major overreaction, people. Ignore my feelings in this post.)

@ PokemonChampion: Would you rather wait 6 months, or have to wait almost a year if technology was at the point when Gold and Silver were released in America.

The longer you wait, the better the joy will be when you get your hands on an English copy of the game, so just be patient.

PokemonChampion said:
Noooooo! WHYYYYY? Why must Nintendo make us wait six whole months for Black and White? It doesn't make any sense!

And that is why I feel so much of the fanbase these days are spoilt brats...

Back in my time we waited twice that long for english versions to come out. Also there was no pokebeach to spoonfeed media updates to us.

The Assassin said:
Is it just me, or have they released on the 22nd before? Iirc, D/P came out April 22nd. :3
Yes, I found that quite fitting. The fourth anniversary of the fourth generation marks the start of the fifth generation. Not to mention Earth Day.

PokmasterKev said:
errrrrm don't nintendo games come out on sundays? I find this info to be fishy
Huge first-party and second-party titles come out on Sunday (like Wii Party), minor first-party and second-party titles come out on Monday (like Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs) and third-party titles usually get Tuesday (like NBA Jam). So yes, this is a little fishy.

PokemonChampion said:

Why couldn't they have released it like HeartGold and SoulSilver, in March? Or better yet, the Christmas season this year? This doesn't seem right. Why would they push the release date back a month from when they last released HG and SS? I hope this is wrong.
DP came out around the end of September, 2006, and America got them in late April, 2007. So if this is true, it ties in with that release. The Christmas season is never likely, as Nintendo has to push their first-party titles. And March is going to be heavily focused on the 3DS, so there's no time for BW.

What, we're supposed to believe Gamestop now? I sure won't.

@Pokemonchampion September 18th-April 22nd that's not 6 months, that's 7 months.
and yes i agree this is fishy to me main series Pokemon games have always been released on Sundays and BW should be no exception. this sounds more like a european release, which even for Europe this is unlikely. why would it be pushed back so long? as of now, unless Nintendo or TPCI reveals this date on Pokemon.com it is unconfirmed as far as i'm concerned!!

funny how this came up a day after Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Came out i wasn't expecting a release date until at least Novemeber. Pokemon.com hasn't revealed anything new pertaining to the English versions ever since they were revealed back in May.

I do not buy it as real everything seems pretty fishy..why would that not have the beasts for download.. and what no celebi? why give out zoroark in a download just to eliminate the celebi give away?

EDIT: ahh thanks for changing it to unconfirmed because as it maybe real it just seems very off to me.

I don't care about the day, but what is that talk about the stylus? :b

I've not seen anything.. I thought japanese got those keychains that made the sounds for their preorders.. another reason why i thought this whole thing sounds fishy.

Yep, but I never got any pre-order bonus, either stylus or keychain XD

It's just a day. I just fail to see the point of fussing over the game's release being a 'Friday' than a Sunday.

thats because the whole thing could be fake.. these two people could have easily made this up and sent it in to try to pull a fast one over WPM. But who knows.

if BW release on a Friday in America, everyone is going to miss school for the Launch!!! they need to keep the tradition of releasing main series games on Sunday!! Please Nintendo and TPCI!!!! and thanks WPM for changing it to unconfirmed with a Question mark!

@SweetDawnBerlitz:

I only became a Pokemon fan after Gold and Silver, so I wouldn't know anything about waiting for a year for the games to come out. In fact, the only game I remember anticipating was Diamond and Pearl because I knew the release date then. And yeah, I'm patient. I just find it weird as to why they would push it back to April. But whatever. I'll wait. And you're right, when I get the game, I'll probably play it 24/7.

@Xierh:

Actually, I was fan since the early days of Pokemon (as stated above). However, before, I just waited for the games to come out. I never actually knew when new Pokemon games were released. It's only when Diamond and Pearl came out that I actually knew the release date, so now I guess I can't wait past 6 (or 7) months for a new game to come out.

Edit: Oh, and it was only when Black and White were coming out that I started going to sites like these. So, there!

Edit 2: At teeboy23, actually I meant six months until now, which is October.

However, you two are right. I'll just have to be patient.

First off, Gamestop finds out street dates when they are officially announced. On the preorder sheets, the dates next to them are placeholder dates, which are usually educated guesses on when a game is going to come out. For example Gears of War 3 was given an April 2011 release, but no official date. April 1st was set on the preorder sheet. Employees are supposed to mention this to customers when they come in and preorder these games. However, Gears did just get pushed back 5 months, so the date now reflects to September 2011.

Now, with the Pokemon games, they are always out in the spring, with either March or April being release dates. Since April 22 was a release date before, pinning it to that date, rather than a placeholder of April 1st as it was is a bit easier. Nintendo ALWAYS releases big titles on Sundays. Dragon Quest, DSI XL, Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Wii Party, Kirby's Epic yarn is Sunday Oct 17.

Don't get your panties in a twist unless you have REAL info from a REAL source. Half the time, Gamestop employees don't know what they are talking about. Especially when it comes to Pokemon.

And NO pre-order bonuses have been confirmed with Gamestop yet. I am 100% sure of this. Zoroark will probably be a download event later on.

The date doesn't matter really. The game will still be a hot seller the week it comes out.

Back