(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was due to the unfortunate angle that some people were seeing Quilladin's cheery critter face but subconsiously were thinking this:

1236805_728984457118672_165681441_n.jpg

So Braixen does use the stick in its tail as a wand. Interesting. Glad ive decided to stick with Fennekin, loving the line so far, just need to see its final. Still cant decide between X and Y. I want Y's Yveltal, but i also want MegaMewtwo X. Gah this suuuuucks. :(

Outfit_Art-X-and-Y.jpg

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! yes! yes! yes! YES!

ehem.

The site referred to amamura's fossil as the sail fossil. Pleeeeeeease be a stegosaurus, pleeeeease.

StonerMk2 said:
So Braixen does use the stick in its tail as a wand. Interesting. Glad ive decided to stick with Fennekin, loving the line so far, just need to see its final. Still cant decide between X and Y. I want Y's Yveltal, but i also want MegaMewtwo X. Gah this suuuuucks. :(

You could always get X and trade Xerneas for an Yveltal, or get Y and trade a Mewtwo holding a Mewtwonite Y to one holding a Mewtwonite X :) There are many people like you who probably wouldn't mind such a trade to get their favorites.

[split] (1) English Names Revealed for Latest Batch of News, New Type Changes [9/13]

Baktwerel said:
StonerMk2 said:

You could always get X and trade Xerneas for an Yveltal, or get Y and trade a Mewtwo holding a Mewtwonite Y to one holding a Mewtwonite X :) There are many people like you who probably wouldn't mind such a trade to get their favorites.

Yeah i read there is going to be some kind of global trading system in these new versions. To be honest ive been slightly out of touch with the more recent games so i really have no idea whats possible right now. But will definitely keep that in mind. Will most likely just go with Y because i really want Yveltal. Love Dark pokemon.

All my wants for Braixen, another step towards fire/psychic. :D But it's pretty hilarious if you see how feminine it looks, and then realize it's propably going to have a 7:1 gender ratio anyway...unless it's going to genderbend like Azurill does...

I'm guessing Braixen will end up Fairy-type, as that fits magic more than Psychic. You cannot counter the argument with it's amount of psychic-type moves shown, as they may be psyching us out and Fairy-types may end up learning a lot of psychic-type moves.

I'm actually wondering if the leaker didn't actually tell the truth with the starter evolution types.

I mean, the types they confirmed seemed way to much into fan theory for me - everyone and their mother speculated a Psychic/Dark/Fighting reverse triangle with them.

This has only gotten stronger with Quilladin; not only do Rock and Ground (and Steels not much of a stretch either) seem more suitable for it (Mud Shot wouldn't be a move I expected it to learn, as with Rollout), but there seems to be nothing pointing towards Dark - infact, its mainly the opposite, what with it being gentle and avoiding battles, that seems like nothing a Dark type would do.

So with that said, here are my final predictions for each one:
Chespin/Quilladin:
-Grass/Ground
-Grass/Rock
-Grass/Steel
-Grass/Dark

Fennekin/Braixen:
-Fire/Psychic
-Fire/Ghost
-Fire/Dark
-Fire/Fairy
(the witch/magic types)

Froakie/Frogalier:
-Water/Fighting
-Water/Dark
-Pure Water

Now, I'm not sure if anybody else already pointed this out or noticed....

But Sableye and Spiritomb are now in possession of a weakness.

you're right..I hope those two would at least get a evolution though. Then I wouldn't mind that.

P.DelSlayer said:
I'm actually wondering if the leaker didn't actually tell the truth with the starter evolution types.

I mean, the types they confirmed seemed way to much into fan theory for me - everyone and their mother speculated a Psychic/Dark/Fighting reverse triangle with them.

This has only gotten stronger with Quilladin; not only do Rock and Ground (and Steels not much of a stretch either) seem more suitable for it (Mud Shot wouldn't be a move I expected it to learn, as with Rollout), but there seems to be nothing pointing towards Dark - infact, its mainly the opposite, what with it being gentle and avoiding battles, that seems like nothing a Dark type would do.

You're basing your theory on Quilladin, which is PURE Grass. The final evo could have a drastic change in personality to make the Dark type fit.
Plus there are Pokemon of all types that can learn Rollout.

So, now I think... After seeing how Braixen uses the twig as a wand and its general witch appearance, why isn't it a Fire/Psychic already? Why are they saving the second-type for the final evolution?
I mean, the other two still don't show much characteristics of a secondary type, but Braixen already has enough traits to make it a Psychic-type. Even the other Fire starters got the Fighting-type added in the middle evolution, not in the final...

"Brai-" makes me think of "Brain", although it seems to come from some French word instead... I'm also trying to say Frogadier's name correctly, I know the "-adier" comes from French too, but it's kinda difficult to say Frog and then make a french accent to say the rest of the name... It's similar to Gardevoir, although -voir is easier to say... There's also Escavalier, but it's an easier name too IMO...

PhoenixFlare said:
Now, I'm not sure if anybody else already pointed this out or noticed....

But Sableye and Spiritomb are now in possession of a weakness.

A little girl in a fairy princess costume can now slaughter the living embodiment of greed and the embodiment of Alcatraz... Well damn, that's scary.

Metalizard said:
So, now I think... After seeing how Braixen uses the twig as a wand and its general witch appearance, why isn't it a Fire/Psychic already? Why are they saving the second-type for the final evolution?

Because if fennekin gets psychic as its secondary type so early in the game it would be difficult to use in battles, since it is not fully evolved and Fire/psychic combo has so many type weaknesses as well.

Meowstic said:
Metalizard said:

Because if fennekin gets psychic as its secondary type so early in the game it would be difficult to use in battles, since it is not fully evolved and Fire/psychic combo has so many type weaknesses as well.

To be honest, this magic thing makes it seem more likely that it will end up Fire/Fairy, don't you think?

P.DelSlayer said:

So with that said, here are my final predictions for each one:
Chespin/Quilladin:
-Grass/Ground
-Grass/Rock
-Grass/Steel
-Grass/Dark

Fennekin/Braixen:
-Fire/Psychic
-Fire/Ghost
-Fire/Dark
-Fire/Fairy
(the witch/magic types)

Froakie/Frogalier:
-Water/Fighting
-Water/Dark
-Pure Water

"Quilladin why did you murder frogadier" said Braixen. "I don't know I guess life just got too real y'know." said Quilladin "Huh I'm evolving" Congradulations you Quilladin just evolved into a -insert name here-.

RE: Rumors & Speculation

Tatertot said:
Blob55 said:
I don't like that you have to groom the poodle Pokémon to get Beauty trainer soul thing up is lame, as I hate how stupid poodles look when people do that and the fact that fassion is a big part of the game is so stupid, as all it is is shallow people wearing things even more shallow people are wearing.

The poodle thing is in there just because the game is based off of France, and a lot of people associate France (and Paris) with beauty and boutiques like that. So, it makes perfect sense. As for the beauty theme, how is it "shallow"? Customizing your character in a way that reflects your personality is a great idea. Do you remember how many people hated the male character's beret when D/P came out? With this, you can make the character really feel like you, which makes for a more immersive experience, in my opinion. Customization is standard in many games now, it's time Pokemon came into the new era of gaming.
Please get over yourself and your criticism of fashion. Conformity is a hallmark of human existance, and even nonconformity is in its essence, a form of conformity. The ability to groom a poodle is hardly something to get up in arms about. If you don't like it...leave your poodle a shaggy mess. No one is forcing you to do it.

That was an old man cap, not a beret and get over myself? I freaking HATE fashion because it's so vain! People who are INTO IT should "get over themselves".
I don't mind making a character look more like me, or someone cool, but just dressing someone up some froofy, poofy, or even ridiculous get-up is so stupid!

Also, I think Poodles look dumb the way people used to make them look. Why should a poor dog look so stupid?

Blob55 said:
Tatertot said:
The poodle thing is in there just because the game is based off of France, and a lot of people associate France (and Paris) with beauty and boutiques like that. So, it makes perfect sense. As for the beauty theme, how is it "shallow"? Customizing your character in a way that reflects your personality is a great idea. Do you remember how many people hated the male character's beret when D/P came out? With this, you can make the character really feel like you, which makes for a more immersive experience, in my opinion. Customization is standard in many games now, it's time Pokemon came into the new era of gaming.
Please get over yourself and your criticism of fashion. Conformity is a hallmark of human existance, and even nonconformity is in its essence, a form of conformity. The ability to groom a poodle is hardly something to get up in arms about. If you don't like it...leave your poodle a shaggy mess. No one is forcing you to do it.

That was an old man cap, not a beret and get over myself? I freaking HATE fashion because it's so vain! People who are INTO IT should "get over themselves".
I don't mind making a character look more like me, or someone cool, but just dressing someone up some froofy, poofy, or even ridiculous get-up is so stupid!

Also, I think Poodles look dumb the way people used to make them look. Why should a poor dog look so stupid?

Listen, honey, I thought the same way as you up until a few years ago. I hated fashion with a passion, and thought of the people who follow it as sheeple, but then I started to understand it. You have first to discern "fashion" as "trend" from "fashion" as "style", fashion as trend is thoughtless, it's not based on the person using it, but conformity to an idea thought rather randomly, which altough natural, it's bad if you end up losing yourself in the process of being like everyone else.
Now, fashion as style is a different thing; it's something that you choose, that talks about you, something that can, if done correctly, show who you are in a simple, concise manner, and it applies not just to clothes, your avatar is fashion, mine is fashion, your wallpaper is fashion, the music in your ipod is fashion, it's everywhere; separated, those things don't mean much, but together, they mean you, and no one else.
It's also a consequence of society. It's no coincidence that fashion stated with the separation of society in classes.
Coco chanel said: "luxury is a necessity that begins where necessity ends" fashion is a luxury.
Look up her quotes, she was a smart woman, and classy.

P.D: poodles ARE dumb, and loud, and annoying, and ugly. I'm 100% with you there, but the people who humanize the poor animal are worst.

professorlight said:
Blob55 said:

Listen, honey, I thought the same way as you up until a few years ago. I hated fashion with a passion, and thought of the people who follow it as sheeple, but then I started to understand it. You have first to discern "fashion" as "trend" from "fashion" as "style", fashion as trend is thoughtless, it's not based on anything more than conformity, which is natural, but it's bad if you end up losing yourself in the process of being like eveyone else. Now, fashion as style is a different thing, it's something that you choose, that talks about you, something that can, if done correctly, show who you are in a simple, concise manner

P.D: poodles ARE dumb, and loud, and annoying, and ugly. I'm 100% with you there, but the people who humanize the poor animal are worst.

Shaggy ppodles are ok looking and they are widely considered the smartest dog breed depending on where they give the tests. other than that the can be yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back