(1) Honedge's Evolution Revealed [9/25]

I honestally didn't expect Honedge's evolution to be revealed, let alone it even having one. I originally was choosing Honedge seriously, isn't it funny now that steel no longer resists Dark types or Ghost types? Although Honedge's overall design and abilites and behavior captivates me. Honedge is gonna be based on the french cursed sword myth. It's so cute how ghost types try to be scary, Honedge is so adorable holding it's sheath!
honedge_attack_2_0_by_nekorory-d6g7vef.gif

I honestly expected Honedge to be a standalone. The design seemed alright the way it was.

Also, if there are two swords... what controls them?

ECHOxLegend said:
I can't believe people only liked steel types for their resistances that didn't make sense.

Just wait until the game actually comes out and you'll see that steel type will become pretty important for countering the great and powerful fairy type. People will be flocking back to steel types soon enough.

Do you guys think it's pronounced Dub-lade or Doo-blade? IMO, Dub-lade sounds like a sports drink.

I don't like Doublade so far, because GF could of easily made it a sword and a shield, or gradually made it into a Knight sword thing. IMO, Doublade is just lazy.

SuchADamnLady369 said:
I honestally didn't expect Honedge's evolution to be revealed, let alone it even having one. I originally was choosing Honedge seriously, isn't it funny now that steel no longer resists Dark types or Ghost types? Although Honedge's overall design and abilites and behavior captivates me. Honedge is gonna be based on the french cursed sword myth. It's so cute how ghost types try to be scary, Honedge is so adorable holding it's sheath!

Despite the loss to ghost and dark, it would only be weak against fire ground ghost and dark. With no guard, honedge line will be pretty amazing
in my opinion.

Bloodronin said:
SuchADamnLady369 said:

Despite the loss to ghost and dark, it would only be weak against fire ground ghost and dark. With no guard, honedge line will be pretty amazing
in my opinion.

What about Fire?

Dang it, you updated >_>

RiverShock said:
Well, I was totally expecting Honedge to be standalone. Guess I was wrong. Oddly enough, though... Have there even been ANY standalone Pokemon revealed yet? Helioptile's confirmed to get an evolution, and Bunnelby is rumoured to. Clauncher, Skrelp, Flabébé, Swirlix, Spritzee and Dedenne most likely get evolutions. Meowstic is rumoured to get a prevolution. That leaves Noivern (OK, that is quite possibly standalone), Orotto (wouldn't be terribly surprised if it had a prevolution) and Furfrou (which might or might not have a prevolution or evolution).

Where was it confirmed Helioptile has an evolution?

Doublade is a very good evolution for Honedge IMO
The position of thr 2 swords crossing each other is famus
and makes him to be the perfect Sword Pokemon.
Depends on the rest of the Pokemon in this gen that were not revealed
Doublade is very likely going to be in my X team. Which before I did not concider that with Honedge

Doublade is also not like Diglet or Maganeton since it is not just copy paste Honedge on another one.
Look at one of the swords in Doublades artwork and compare it to Honedges artwork
They are not the same which you can't tell the same thing to Msgnamite and one of the Magnets in Magneton-they are the same.

thstrkslp said:

Very good!;)
I would like to find this Pokémon in some kind of abandoned mansion just like Rotom at the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest. The games should have more creepy and spooky places to explore and filled with ghosts and misteries, like the Abandoned Ship and the aforementioned Chateau. I can't wait to see an anime episode focused on Honedge's line. :D

I also was not expecting the evolution reveal to be Honedge one and I also didn't expect Honedge to get an evolution . Although when I did think about a Honedge evolution before, I expected it to be some sort of a two sword Pokemon. It is not my type of Pokemon but it looks cool!. There are plenty of new Pokemon that I do really like and I am guessing that is the same for other people, so I don't get why so many people are complaining about its design!. If you don't like it that is fair enough, just don't use it!. No need to complain like a little poo poo head :). Gamefreak are not forcing you to use it.

Anyways I will stop rambling on .^_^. but yeah, it looks cool :D

Not bad. I like it because it is a logical and not too far fetched evo and that is how pokémon should be! SIMPLE.

For it's color... I couldn't care less since I am (a little bit) colorblind and I only noticed it was pink AFTER reading it here so...
Overall good design, an expected next step ( and therefore also a safe one).

Is ok, I guess... I just was expecting other pokemon's evolution, like most of people. I want to see if it evolves again in something awesome.

I found this in google and started to laugh XD but could be an excelent evolution, and I sure will love to see something like this in battle :D Too much animation for those swords o_O

(Sorry for my bad english guys :()

Sashlyr said:
Is ok, I guess... I just was expecting other pokemon's evolution, like most of people. I want to see if it evolves again in something awesome.

I found this in google and started to laugh XD but could be an excelent evolution, and I sure will love to see something like this in battle :D Too much animation for those swords o_O

That's so ridiculous that I actually like it

Sashlyr said:

I see potential in that design, can you imagine that thing with Moxie? dang.

SuperArtNinja said:
I have always liked dual swords, I always thought they were awesome, so I'm not really caring. I think that the color could have been cooler, but eh, I kinda like Doublade. If it can't learn Sacred/Secret Sword though... I'm sad enough that Samurott couldn't get Secret/Sacred Sword as an event move or something since it IS a sword wielding, awesome otter.

Looks like you got your wish: Honedge/Doublade

ECHOxLegend said:
I can't believe people only liked steel types for their resistances that didn't make sense.

Bite and Crunch doing neutral damage to steel does not make sense. Dark type attacks were always largely physical in nature, based on underhanded fighting tactics and whatnot. But even with dark gaining a more elemental nature, resisting it was consistent with steel resisting things like Psychic and Poison, imo. What does a hunk of steel care if you do something "dark" to it?

Anyway people will still like steel types, it's just disappointing that pokemon like Metagross and the Honedge line just gained TWO weaknesses

It is confirmed that Doublade learns Sacred Sword, originally exclusive to the Three Musketeer trio. Any thoughts?

Back