(1) Honedge's Evolution Revealed [9/25]

nightkeeper said:
It is confirmed that Doublade learns Sacred Sword, originally exclusive to the Three Musketeer trio. Any thoughts?

Sacred Sword makes the most sense for Honedge and Doublade right after Swords Dance, and it will definitely help with type coverage!

nightkeeper said:
It is confirmed that Doublade learns Sacred Sword, originally exclusive to the Three Musketeer trio. Any thoughts?

GF is following the logic of giving sword moves to a sword Pokemon
that is nice.
I liked it from the start and thought to add it to my team.
Now with that move its like Doublade gives me double blink

KiryatheDragonite said:
I want to see it team up with Golurk. He could wear it on his back and draw them when in battle.

You mean fused Pokemon?
maybe next gen
with Mega evolution everything is possible

Oh right I forgot about him.
Well still, this Gen has the Mega so like I said, next gen or even next game it is really possible.

How do you think Honedge evolves to Doublade?
I hope it is simply evolves by level up but from some reason it looks like it will take something to do with it in order to evolve

Despite the loss to ghost and dark, it would only be weak against fire ground ghost and dark. With no guard, honedge line will be pretty amazing
in my opinion.
Only? That's 4 weaknesses. How is that an "only"? I'd definitely think twice before using something with 4 weaknesses...all of which, I might add, are quite common.

Doublade looks pretty cool! I like it's color scheme and overall look.

Honestly - Honegde (that sounded frickin' weird, just say Honestly Honedge out loud xD) was not a pokémon I was gonna get, but I like Doublade so much that I'll consider it again. :3

DNA said:
Despite the loss to ghost and dark, it would only be weak against fire ground ghost and dark. With no guard, honedge line will be pretty amazing
in my opinion.
Only? That's 4 weaknesses. How is that an "only"? I'd definitely think twice before using something with 4 weaknesses...all of which, I might add, are quite common.

On the flip-side, it has three immunities! (Poison, Normal, Fighting). Hopefully it'll get Levitate and then it's really not bad at all!

AtmosphericThunder said:
nightkeeper said:

Sacred Sword makes the most sense for Honedge and Doublade right after Swords Dance, and it will definitely help with type coverage!

scattered mind said:
that is nice.

Sacred sword has definitely made me think twice about using Doublade, as I wasn't interested in him before, I certainly am now. I wonder if it was given to him just because he is a sword, or because he may be one of the stronger Pokemon this generation. Sacred Sword will certainly be good against Iron Defense using Pokemon.

mastermagpie said:
DNA said:

On the flip-side, it has three immunities! (Poison, Normal, Fighting). Hopefully it'll get Levitate and then it's really not bad at all!

I doubt it'll switch from No Guard to Levitate, as No Guard is a pretty nice ability itself. The first two evolutions do appear to be levitating off of the ground, which is confusing... But since they don't have Levitate, I don't see the possible 3rd evolution having it either.

nightkeeper said:
AtmosphericThunder said:

scattered mind said:
that is nice.

Sacred sword has definitely made me think twice about using Doublade, as I wasn't interested in him before, I certainly am now. I wonder if it was given to him just because he is a sword, or because he may be one of the stronger Pokemon this generation. Sacred Sword will certainly be good against Iron Defense using Pokemon.

mastermagpie said:

I doubt it'll switch from No Guard to Levitate, as No Guard is a pretty nice ability itself. The first two evolutions do appear to be levitating off of the ground, which is confusing... But since they don't have Levitate, I don't see the possible 3rd evolution having it either.

They really should change Levitate from an Ability to something that is present on all floating Pokémon... But yeah, even without Levitate and with No Guard, with decent stats it'll be OU for sure. Especially with Fairy being weak to Steel (and Fairy is probably going to become prominent in OU due to the dominance of Dragons...).

Honestly, I really like Doublade. I wasn't that big of a fan of his design; I thought a little more could be done with it. Then I found out that his evolution line is based off of a European cursed sword myth. I liked him more after hearing that, and he'll still be on my team.

Also, I agree with you guys that say his ability is really good.
*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Don't forgot to capitalize in your posts!*
[private]Fixed grammar. *Drohn
honestly, i really like doublade. wasn't that big of a fan of hi design, thought a little more could be done with it. then i found out that his evolution line is based off of a European cursed sword myth. liked him more after hearing that, and he'll still be on my team.

also, i agree with you guys that say his ability is really good.
[/private]

DNA said:
in my opinion.

Compared to other multi ghost types, 4 isnt that much. Not to mention it has a lot of resistances. Im going to use it in my party for sure.

Bloodronin said:
DNA said:

Compared to other multi ghost types, 4 isnt that much. Not to mention it has a lot of resistances. Im going to use it in my party for sure.

I agree! The only thing that could make it cooler is if it had a third evo like one made of three blades

DNA said:
in my opinion.

If it gets Guillotine (very french sounding right ther :D) then all you have to do is max out the speed stat. Right or is that move banned?

Smogon bans it, but VGCs and stuff (and Flat Battles) do not.
It's generally not a good idea to use those moves anyway but still...

zappy800 said:
DNA said:

If it gets Guillotine (very french sounding right ther :D) then all you have to do is max out the speed stat. Right or is that move banned?

It is banned as far as I know
By the way thanks to its new Fighting move Doublade can handle one of his biggest weaknesses. Lets hope he is fast

scattered mind said:
zappy800 said:

It is banned as far as I know
By the way thanks to its new Fighting move Doublade can handle one of his biggest weaknesses. Lets hope he is fast

Thanks you guys for telling me tht stuff. Anything can be fast if you really want it to. Besides it feels like one of those relatively fast pokemon.

Back