(1) New Tree-like Pokemon Before Genesect Film [7/13]

AtmosphericThunder said:
Reggie McGigas said:
The genesect movie does not seem too good. It's not really connected to the anime (Female Mewtwo), and just sounds like Genesect blows up stuff mewtwo attacks it.

Plus there isn't two mewtwos in the movies. Therefore, not all of the leakers facts are correct. If there were 3 mewtwos total, then how come we only see 2 in the movie? The movie, being a mewtwo movie is the best place to show off a new form.

About the continuity, I agree. It sucks that Ash apparently doesn't even remember what a Mewtwo is.

As for the leaker's accuracy, you can't say they were wrong until Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are released. Water Pokemon Master's source never said the other forme would be in the same movie, so you have no chance yet to say they were incorrect. Please be patient, for your sake and for our sanity.
It was not a Mewtwo movie, it was a Genesect and Mewtwo movie. Perhaps another movie will show off its possibly more Mew-like forme. If there truly is another new Mewtwo forme, it's possible that it was kept it out of the movie so that it can be used in something else bigger.

For your sanity? really? And how am I being so impatient that you'd want to write that down? You kinda seem like you want the source to be 100% correct.

I'm just saying, why would they make a movie that has mewtwo in it as a staring role if the second mewtwo form is not in it? I can see if there is another movie for it, but 2 movies in a role starring mewtwo as a lead is very unlikely.

Also looks like I got ninja'd by wpm way before I made my post.

Why Ash frogot about mewtwo
Ash: Don't make me froget you so I can see you later!
Mewtwo: Whatever

15 years later

Mewtwo: Hey Ash I have a new form and a new voice over!
Ash: lol do i know u?

Reggie McGigas said:
AtmosphericThunder said:
About the continuity, I agree. It sucks that Ash apparently doesn't even remember what a Mewtwo is.

As for the leaker's accuracy, you can't say they were wrong until Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are released. Water Pokemon Master's source never said the other forme would be in the same movie, so you have no chance yet to say they were incorrect. Please be patient, for your sake and for our sanity.
It was not a Mewtwo movie, it was a Genesect and Mewtwo movie. Perhaps another movie will show off its possibly more Mew-like forme. If there truly is another new Mewtwo forme, it's possible that it was kept it out of the movie so that it can be used in something else bigger.

For your sanity? really? And how am I being so impatient that you'd want to write that down? You kinda seem like you want the source to be 100% correct.
Well, you are jumping to the conclusion that there is no second Mewtwo form by jumping to the conclusion that there was no reason for them not to show off the second Mewtwo form in this movie, with nothing that explicitedly states, or even suggests, that there is in fact no second Mewtwo form... that sort of thing can easily wear away at the sanity of others, since its both completely nonsensical and pointless.

And considering how remarkably accurate the rumor source has proven, whether he wants it to be 100% accurate or not no longer matters; it seems pretty conclusive by now they're correct.

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm just saying, why would they make a movie that has mewtwo in it as a staring role if the second mewtwo form is not in it? I can see if there is another movie for it, but 2 movies in a role starring mewtwo as a lead is very unlikely.
How do you know that? Do you have insider sources too?! Or are you just jumping to conclusions again?

Just wondering, did the movie explain how the Eclair or whatever it's called forme came into existence, or did Mewtwo just transform randomly into and out of it with no back story?

Also, I like how there are multiple Mewtwos, it's like the enemy team (Team Rocket, Team Flare, or someone else entirely) decided to constantly improve on older "versions" of Mewtwos, and keep creating more of them (yes I know that the lab where the original Mewtwo was created was destroyed, but TR probably had back-up labs and more samples of the Mewtwo DNA sequence in case something like that did happen).

Also, the reason they did not introduce the other Mewtwo forme was probably to save it for a later movie, as well as more context on how and why these formes were created.

CyberCat5555 said:
Just wondering, did the movie explain how the Eclair or whatever it's called forme came into existence, or did Mewtwo just transform randomly into and out of it with no back story?

Also, I like how there are multiple Mewtwos, it's like the enemy team (Team Rocket, Team Flare, or someone else entirely) decided to constantly improve on older "versions" of Mewtwos, and keep creating more of them (yes I know that the lab where the original Mewtwo was created was destroyed, but TR probably had back-up labs and more samples of the Mewtwo DNA sequence in case something like that did happen).

Also, the reason they did not introduce the other Mewtwo forme was probably to save it for a later movie, as well as more context on how and why these formes were created.

I don't think they will, it will just be past off as "Hey we made another Mewtwo, this one comes with a new form as well" scenario.

J.D. said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Well, you are jumping to the conclusion that there is no second Mewtwo form by jumping to the conclusion that there was no reason for them not to show off the second Mewtwo form in this movie, with nothing that explicitedly states, or even suggests, that there is in fact no second Mewtwo form... that sort of thing can easily wear away at the sanity of others, since its both completely nonsensical and pointless.

And considering how remarkably accurate the rumor source has proven, whether he wants it to be 100% accurate or not no longer matters; it seems pretty conclusive by now they're correct.

Reggie McGigas said:
How do you know that? Do you have insider sources too?! Or are you just jumping to conclusions again?

He's jumping to conclusions, but a second movie starring mewtwo is unlikely, though. Maybe they are keeping the second forme under wraps so it can be a in-game event in X and Y?
I could see a small mewtwo sidequest happening (like keldeo or meloetta's move tutor, the soul dew in HGSS, or rotom in platinum) and giving a choice between mewjin boo and this hypotetical second form.
After all, how much time did they took to reveal meloetta? and even more time for her step forme.

Or maybe mewtwo replaces iris in the X and Y anime... I would watch that... maybe ash too... mewtwo and pikacku traveling through kalos.

So you guys don't think that it is a Sudowoodo evolution? If not what other tree Pokemon are there besides that evolution line? The only other tree types I know of is Torterra Bulbasaur evolution line Bellsprout evolution line & a few other grass Pokemon.:)

xxashxx said:
So you guys don't think that it is a Sudowoodo evolution? If not what other tree Pokemon are there besides that evolution line? The only other tree types I know of is Torterra Bulbasaur evolution line Bellsprout evolution line & a few other grass Pokemon.:)

Seedot line?

AdamantKaiiya said:
xxashxx said:

Seedot line?

Would make more sense than shiftry. What the hell were they thinking?

Oh yeah but the pic looks to good for that line though. Must be a Sudowoodo evolution XD. That is the only thing that would work since he already has a pre evolution or baby form though.:)

professorlight said:
AdamantKaiiya said:
Seedot line?

Would make more sense than shiftry. What the hell were they thinking?
What's wrong with Shiftry?! The guy's based of a Japanese goblin called a tengu!

xxashxx said:
Oh yeah but the pic looks to good for that line though. Must be a Sudowoodo evolution XD. That is the only thing that would work since he already has a pre evolution or baby form though.:)
Or it could just be an entirely new family...

Totally called it as a different Mewtwo! :p (It was about damned time a second non-Mirage Mewtwo was a thing. It's not like people wouldn't have tried to create another.)

J.D. said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Reggie McGigas said:

Yup, I'm jumping to conclusions. Problem?

Without a doubt, the mewtwo/genesect movie is the best place to show off a second Mewtwo form. Let's say a little bit before BW2 is released it is announced that Keldeo has a second form, what is the best place that they would reveal it?

A. The big Keldeo movie
B. BW2
C. Another Keldeo Movie

Reggie McGigas said:
J.D. said:

Yup, I'm jumping to conclusions. Problem?

Without a doubt, the mewtwo/genesect movie is the best place to show off a second Mewtwo form. Let's say a little bit before BW2 is released it is announced that Keldeo has a second form, what is the best place that they would reveal it?

A. The big Keldeo movie
B. BW2
C. Another Keldeo Movie

The worst part isn't that you're jumping to conclusions; it's that you keep repeating that you don't think something will happen, when there's no way to prove one way or the other until more information is released.

Furthermore, why keep repeating that you think there's probably no second new Mewtwo form/forme when all information released leading up to this moment suggests otherwise?

That is what is so frustrating when you make posts like that. You've been very negative and argumentative on here from what I've seen.

Here's a new picture of Oorotto, said to be more accurate!
orotto4.jpg

xxashxx said:

The Bulbasaur line does not even have a tree on it, that thing on Venusaur's back? Yeah that is a huge freaking flower and the Bellsprout line is not trees either.

Torterra, Tropius, Seedot and now this tree guy, well we finally get a pokemon that is a tree.

professorlight said:
mastermagpie said:
Here's a new picture of Oorotto, said to be more accurate!
orotto4.jpg

Now I don't like the horns, the one eye and the two mouths, I liked better the sketches.

I think that bottom 'mouth' is just a marking... But yeah, we'll see for reals when it's finally released!

How does Shiftry not make sense?

It's a pretty accurate representation of a Tengu, which were most commonly bearded, long-nosed humanoids with a few crow-like features in mythology, only it's a grass type associated with trees, which is pretty unique and interesting. The line is probably intended as a counterpart to Lotad's, since those are grass-type Kappa that also use a stone evolution.

Back