(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Yeah, as much as it bugs me that Charizard isnt part Dragon, it still makes sense to an extent. It would have been totally unfair and as if Charizard wasnt already the one everyone picks. (guilty, but mostly just for Charmander)

PellOfTheTundra said:
Keeper of Night said:
Not much worse than Infernape compared to Torterra and Empoleon.

Umm, considering both of those can hit Infernape for Supereffect with STAB, the only one REALLY at a disadvantage is Empoleon, who cannot hit Torterra for Supereffect with STAB.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I think your forgetting something.
Infernape hits both the other Starters for super-effective STAB. Empoleon is not resistant to Fire, and Torterra is way slower than it.

Re: RE: (1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Keeper of Night said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
Umm, considering both of those can hit Infernape for Supereffect with STAB, the only one REALLY at a disadvantage is Empoleon, who cannot hit Torterra for Supereffect with STAB.

Infernape hits both the other Starters for super-effective STAB. Empoleon is not resistant to Fire, and Torterra is way slower than it.

Empoleon is really the only one with a typing disadvantage though. Poor guy never had a chance.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Keeper of Night said:

Empoleon is really the only one with a typing disadvantage though. Poor guy never had a chance.

Empoleon was great in OU back in gen IV. Torterra is the one who never had a chance because of his massive weakness to Ice and abysmal speed.

Re: RE: (1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

ArticunoDude said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

Empoleon was great in OU back in gen IV. Torterra is the one who never had a chance because of his massive weakness to Ice and abysmal speed.

Yeah. That weakness to a really common offensive type doesnt help him.

But what I was talking about was simply the ingame balance between the three. Empoleon got the leftovers.

After looking over all the evidence I'm leaning towards flying mixed with something else? I've been gone from the Pokemon community for awhile now and man am I excited to be back!

Buizel said:
After looking over all the evidence I'm leaning towards flying mixed with something else? I've been gone from the Pokemon community for awhile now and man am I excited to be back!

You mean:

Normal/Flying

I see how most people say its Normal or Flying while there have never been a pure Flying (not counting Tornadus). Then they say its normal. Combination of both its obvious!

All seriousness, I say it would be Flying because:
If it would be Normal, it should have the same colors as Eevee (or at least how I see it).

Flygon2071 said:
If it would be Normal, it should have the same colors as Eevee (or at least how I see it).

No they wouldn't. That would have made sense if it happened in gen I. If they were gonna make a Normal one after SEVEN elemental ones, they would want it to look even more curious than any of them to justify the evolution.

Expecting a plain oversized Eevee is not a good argument for Sylveon not being Normal.

Mitja said:
Flygon2071 said:

No they wouldn't. That would have made sense if it happened in gen I. If they were gonna make a Normal one after SEVEN elemental ones, they would want it to look even more curious than any of them to justify the evolution.

Expecting a plain oversized Eevee is not a good argument for Sylveon not being Normal.

Yeah, it actually kind of is.

No, it's a terrible argument, especially given things like Clefable, Blissey, Wigglytuff, and their ilk are all Normal-type...and very bright pink.

DNA said:
No, it's a terrible argument, especially given things like Clefable, Blissey, Wigglytuff, and their ilk are all Normal-type...and very bright pink.

Well, think about Slowpoke, Alomomola, Gorebyss, Milotic... they are ALL PINK like Sylveon and they are ALL WATER type!!!

Water type Sylveon 100% confirmed.

Seriously, color doesn't mean anything.

Fennex said:
DNA said:

Well, think about Slowpoke, Alomomola, Gorebyss, Milotic... they are ALL PINK like Sylveon and they are ALL WATER type!!!

Water type Sylveon 100% confirmed.

Seriously, color doesn't mean anything.

That escalated quickly lol.

We were discussing whether Sylveon NOT being brown equals Sylveon NOT being Normal, so although you're countering DNAs post, you are also countering what he was replying to.

Mitja said:
Flygon2071 said:

While I agree that expecting a bigger Eevee is a bad argument for Sylveon not being Normal, that doesn't necessarily mean that GameFreak wants it to look the most different out of all of them just because it might be Normal, and none of us know that.
I personally would have preferred a souped up Eevee, but I still knew it might never happen.

Mitja said:
We were discussing whether Sylveon NOT being brown equals Sylveon NOT being Normal, so although you're countering DNAs post, you are also countering what he was replying to.

And that's just what I intended to say.

Being not brown colored / not above-average similar to Eevee is no argument against Normal type.

Being pink colored (combined with referring to existing pink colored Normal type Pokemon) is no argument for Normal type.

In fact, color is no argument at all when it comes to identifying a particular Pokemon's type.

Grass = Green
Water = Blue
Fire = Red
Electric = Yellow
Steel = Grey
Dark = Black
Ground = Brown
Rock = Brown
Psychic = Pink (Yellow?)
Poison = Purple
Fighting = Brown (Grey?)
Dragon = Blue
Ghost = Purple
Bug = Green (Yellow?)
Ice = Blue (White?)
Flying = White
Normal = White (Brown?)

These are the main colors for each type. Sylveon is, actually, mostly White. So it has a good chance of being either Flying or Normal.

On a seperate note, I have to wonder what good it does to argue about Sylveons type. All this nonsense about messages in the Eevee poster (type effectiveness? really?), or saying "Pink = Normal." I don't get it. No one will know until it's offically revealed anyway, so why bother getting upset about what others think?

Didnt we just establish that colors mean nothing?

Its not like you didn't pull those out of your mind rather than the pokemon themselves anyway.

Take Flying for example. Every Flying pokemon except for Tornadus has a different main type, which by this logic would make it obligated to be of the appropriate color. Hence there is no reference for determining the "color" of the Flying type unless you just counted Tornadus. But since Electric isn't blue and Ground ain't orange on your list, that one is useless too.

Sylveons color has nothing to do with its type (which every single previous one did on an obvious level - I mean ANY EXISTING EEVEELUTION if it was revealed now in Sylveons place, we would immediately tell its type! Unlike Sylveon). They decided a color fitting for the design. It could have as well been any other combination of fancy colors and it wouldn't change a thing in this silly guessing game.

Mitja said:
Didnt we just establish that colors mean nothing?
You realize I was also trying to prove this point as well?

Its not like you didn't pull those out of your mind rather than the pokemon themselves anyway.
Umm...I opened the online Pokedex and checked colors so...

Take Flying for example. Every Flying pokemon except for Tornadus has a different main type, which by this logic would make it obligated to be of the appropriate color.
Tornadus is mostly White, which is why I stated that White is the Primary Flying type color. Take all your dual-type mons, and check their primary type.
Hence there is no reference for determining the "color" of the Flying type unless you just counted Tornadus. But since Electric isn't blue and Ground ain't orange on your list, that one is useless too.
I was pointing out that most pokemon of that type are that color. Just because Eelekrik isn't Yellow doesn't mean that most Electric types aren't. Heck, even it's previous form (Tynamo) is yellow.

Replies in Bold.

^ Here's a list of all Pokemon by color according to the Pokedex (BTW Tornadus is listed as green, not white)

Also, I don't get your point. You argue that saying "Pink = Normal" is nonsense (I agree), though you made up a list that associates every type with a certain color and conclude that Sylveon "has a good chance of being either Flying or Normal" based on that list.

Keeper of Night said:
Mitja said:
Hence there is no reference for determining the "color" of the Flying type unless you just counted Tornadus. But since Electric isn't blue and Ground ain't orange on your list, that one is useless too.
I was pointing out that most pokemon of that type are that color. Just because Eelekrik isn't Yellow doesn't mean that most Electric types aren't. Heck, even it's previous form (Tynamo) is yellow.

Replies in Bold.

I think Mitja referred to Thundurus as blue colored Electric Pokemon and not Eelektrik.
But that's just the point: You may say most Electric type Pokemon are yellow, though there are
a) yellow Pokemon that are not Electric type (Kakuna, Sandshrew/slash, Hypno etc.) as well as
b) Electric Pokemon that are not yellow (Thundurus, as said above, Voltorb/Electrode, Shinx and its evos, Blitzle/Zebstrika etc.)

No matter how you look at it, you cannot say what type a Pokemon is solely by its color.

Does this include forms, because if it does than it's easier to say some Pokemon or more of this color than another, for instance, one could argue that Shaymin is mostly white because of sky form, but another could argue it is mostly green.

Gr8Ampharos said:
Does this include forms, because if it does than it's easier to say some Pokemon or more of this color than another, for instance, one could argue that Shaymin is mostly white because of sky form, but another could argue it is mostly green.

But even so, this list is flawed because it isn't clear as to why Meloetta and Gardevoir can be considered white, when Shaymin (who's fur is white) is considered to be green...

Back