(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

I have never been a fan of eeveelutions. It's not that I didn't like them, I was just very neutral and didn't care much. But I absolutely LOVE Sylveon! I don't actually care WHAT type it is, I love it. Lots of people are saying it's eyes are weird and design is bad but I think it's fantastic, really stereotypical, normal "fairy" type Pokemon to me.

I can't decide whether it's going to be Normal, Normal/Flying or Flying anymore! So exciting, I can't wait to get the answer!

Water Pokémon Master said:

lol

Anyway, its pretty obvious to me that its a flying type. People comment that it doesn't look enough like an Eeveelution-you think a normal type Pokemon, the most related to Eevee out of any of its evolutions would look the least like its predecessor? Yeah no.

It seems to me that it might not even be using Swift. Note how the stars do not appear to be flying at the enemy Pokemon. Perhaps its more a dash attack and the stars are left in Slyveon's wake (could be an existing move or a new one)? Also, note how in the picture before that the ear flaps extend out to the length of Slyveon's body. They look like Slyveon is using them as wings, perhaps even about to push them forward and use Air Slash or something.

^Last Resort is a move that uses stars in its animation, and it is common to all Eeveelutions.

Why would a Normal Eeveelution have to be brown?

I always imagined it white, with several different colored gems or something that'd make it look royal and majestic...but the fabulous look does the job.

Mitja said:

I always imagined it white, with several different colored gems or something that'd make it look royal and majestic...but the fabulous look does the job.

Because Eevee itself is normal and brown so we imagine a Normal type Eeveelution to be brown as well

Mitja said:

Not necessarily brown, but I'd expect an Eeveelution that has the most in common with Eevee to look more like Eevee than its brothers and sisters.

Sylveon...sylver..silver..metal..and metal is found in the ground..near rubies and sapphires! It's obviously a conspiracy to reveal the gen 3 remakes

McMuffins said:
Sylveon...sylver..silver..metal..and metal is found in the ground..near rubies and sapphires! It's obviously a conspiracy to reveal the gen 3 remakes

I love this, it's like 6 degrees of Ruby and Sapphire.

McMuffins said:

So many clues that GF is giving us makes it almost impossible for it not to be!

ArticunoDude said:
*facepalm*

facepalming at sarcasm, ok then

Definitely not my favorite Eeveelution (I believe that goes to Flareon due to 130 Base Attack), but the design speculation is nice. Some of these are extreme, but Normal or Flying is likely IMO.

Yep. RSE remakes are imminent. Anyway, Sylveon appears to be using trump card, which other people are supporting the Normal-type argument with. But technically, all eeveelutions can learn it; just level up eevee until it learns trump card, then use the desired method to evolve it into an eeveelution. The same goes for swift. I hope Sylveon is flying-type.

Aug_Gusto said:
Yep. RSE remakes are imminent. Anyway, Sylveon appears to be using trump card, which other people are supporting the Normal-type argument with. But technically, all eeveelutions can learn it; just level up eevee until it learns trump card, then use the desired method to evolve it into an eeveelution. The same goes for swift. I hope Sylveon is flying-type.

Eevee doesn't learn swift.

It learns it from the Dream World, the Café promotion... the swift isn't so important anyway. Do you think Sylveon could learn it by level up? Most eeveelutions have some filler normal type moves, no?

Aug_Gusto said:
It learns it from the Dream World, the Café promotion... the swift isn't so important anyway. Do you think Sylveon could learn it by level up? Most eeveelutions have some filler normal type moves, no?

It would be a bit strange for them to showcase a move that it can't learn through level up.

Either Eevee has a new move learnable, or Sylveon learns it.

Espeon learns Swift too, so it's not THAT unusual, admittedly, and only perhaps indicates that Sylveon will be special based. That being said, no other of the Eeveelutions learn a damaging normal move beyond Tackle and Last Resort.

DNA said:
HypnoticChairman said:
No one else noticed on the image of all the eeveeloutions, that sylveon had the ??? Type? I mean, why are you arguing about type, we already know its the first curse STABber.
Curse is a Ghost-type move, you noob.

Vulpix-core said:
It uh...it looks kinda like Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

And equally as adorable.
Ah, so you noticed.

At this point it honestly looks like it'll be a Flying type, but I'm still hoping for Fighting.
Ah, how I hope in vain. But it will always be Nympheon in my heart.

I would rather have that thing in the comic be the eeveelution/mon that introduces the "Fairy" type than Sylveon, if that's really the case.

Haunted Water said:
I would rather have that unnamed pokemon in the comic be the eeveelution/mon that introduces the "Fairy" type than Sylveon, if that's really the case.
...I...not everything that's small and cute and furry is a Pokemon...it's Kyubey...

Back