(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

What has graphics got to do with anything? By that logic all Pokemon games should be remade into full 3D.

Delta said:
What has graphics got to do with anything? By that logic all Pokemon games should be remade into full 3D.

True. But yet you have to single out RSE remakes. Like everyone else who bashed them.

I would assume R/S/E will eventually get an update, especially with the new 3D being implemented, but what we need to remember is that R/S/E was much more graphically capable than G/S/C. The games are in full, crisp color with slick animation. The games do not look ancient like 2nd gen does. I really don't think that 3rd gen remakes are that necessary. Just my opinion though.

Chrono said:
I would assume R/S/E will eventually get an update, especially with the new 3D being implemented, but what we need to remember is that R/S/E was much more graphically capable than G/S/C. The games are in full, crisp color with slick animation. The games do not look ancient like 2nd gen does. I really don't think that 3rd gen remakes are that necessary. Just my opinion though.

Well I think they are necessary. They'll probably be tons of hints in X&Y.

We single out R/S because those are the next games that are due to be remade. As I have said in two posts now, if R/S gets released we'd expect a remake of Diamond and Pearl a few years later.

The fact that the games are Ruby and Sapphire have nothing to do with it. The important thing is that its third gen.

Delta said:
We single out R/S because those are the next games that are due to be remade. As I have said in two posts now, if R/S gets released we'd expect a remake of Diamond and Pearl a few years later.

The fact that the games are Ruby and Sapphire have nothing to do with it. The important thing is that its third gen.

What's wrong with DP remakes? Nothing. What's your point?

Did I say there was anything wrong with D/P remakes? No. I said we should expect them if R/S gets remade.

My point is people aren't bashing them because they don't see a reason why they should be remade since if they are more or less able to fully connect with the current generation of games anyway. R/B/G/S were remade because of this very purpose.

...And what do Sylveon and potential new types and/or type matchups have to do with R/S remakes?

jynxed said:
They also added Dark and Steel to give Fighting a buff, so they could potentially add a type to give Poison a buff and Dragon a nerf (which would in turn lessen the need for Steel)
I would definitely love to see Poison get a buff.

Are you people seriously still going on about this? Just please drop the whole 3rd gen thing for awhile, we need a break from all this and haven't even gotten X/Y yet. Also no one is bashing anything on this thread I might add.

Blob55 said:
oakbark said:
A Sylph is a Western-origin air spirit elemental. Sylveon is clearly hinting at the word Sylph.

The Pokemon XY website says Sylveon is a new type to the other Eeveelutions.

Everything is pointing towards it being a Flying-type.

True, but where did the v come from in Sylveon? Sylpheon would be better, as I couldn't even tell Sylveon was based on Sylph.
The V comes from the word "Sylvanshine", which is a phenomenon taking place with light. Hence why I think they will be making it a light type.

"The V comes from the word "Sylvanshine", which is a phenomenon taking place with light. Hence why I think they will be making it a light type."
Wow. Congratulations good sir, you have now provided me with the first somewhat plausible reason why Sylveon might be light type. Bravo!

Chrono said:
"The V comes from the word "Sylvanshine", which is a phenomenon taking place with light. Hence why I think they will be making it a light type."
Wow. Congratulations good sir, you have now provided me with the first somewhat plausible reason why Sylveon might be light type. Bravo!
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.
If you're not, then I guess I should be flattered.
So thank you. I'm glad that I've accomplished something today.

So far, my only conclusion I can reach out of this entire discussion is Game Freak Execs sitting back and laughing.
We've discussed the type to the point where there are flaws in every logic typing, and some lack enough evidence, but are still logical.
Well played, GF. Well played.

"Sylvanshine is an optical phenomenon in which dew-covered trees of species whose leaves are wax-covered retroreflect beams of light"

Oh man, Wax type 100% confirmed.

jynxed said:
"Sylvanshine is an optical phenomenon in which dew-covered trees of species whose leaves are wax-covered retroreflect beams of light"

If anything that sounds more like it would be a light type than wax type.

jynxed said:
Chrono said:
While I think a new type would be cool, I simply see no need for it. Dark and Steel were implemented into the game for the sole reason of nerfing Psychic, which was way overpowered in 1st gen. I don't see any types that need to be nerfed or any holes in the type's mechanics, so the only reason I could see them adding a new type, possibly with Sylveon, would be to keep the game fresh. All in all, it's just not necessary.

They also added Dark and Steel to give Fighting a buff, so they could potentially add a type to give Poison a buff and Dragon a nerf (which would in turn lessen the need for Steel)

Not just Poison, Ice too. Ice have piss-poor defenses and it's literally screaming, "Need a buff!" I don't think Dragon should be nerfed, I don't have any issues with Dragon. Steel, on the other hand, should be nerfed. Its overrated, too many resistances.

Aquapulse said:
jynxed said:

Not just Poison, Ice too. Ice have piss-poor defenses and it's literally screaming, "Need a buff!" I don't think Dragon should be nerfed, I don't have any issues with Dragon. Steel, on the other hand, should be nerfed. Its overrated, too many resistances.
A Light type would only exacerbate the Ice type's problems by giving it another weakness, since light produces heat.

Professer K said:
jynxed said:

If anything that sounds more like it would be a light type than wax type.

You are even worse at detecting sarcasm than me.

Sylveon is also apparently weighs the least out of all the Eeveelutions...

Weighs the least > Lightest > Light > IT'S A HFKJSLAGGHH LIGHT TYPE :D

Back