(1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Re: RE: (1) Ninfia's English Name: Sylveon [2/14]

Chrono said:
I'm not convinced that making Water weak to Poison would nerf it very much because there aren't very many good offensive Poison types. I agree that it should replace the weakness to Grass as it makes no sense whatsoever for Water to be weak to Grass, but I highly doubt this would happen, for those types are starters.

The reason there are no good offensive poison types is because poison is a bad type. Garbodor, Weezing, Crobat, Toxicroak, and Venusaur are excellent.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

PellOfTheTundra said:
Chrono said:
I'm not convinced that making Water weak to Poison would nerf it very much because there aren't very many good offensive Poison types. I agree that it should replace the weakness to Grass as it makes no sense whatsoever for Water to be weak to Grass, but I highly doubt this would happen, for those types are starters.

The reason there are no good offensive poison types is because poison is a bad type. Garbodor, Weezing, Crobat, Toxicroak, and Venusaur are excellent.

True, true. But most of those can utilize a far more prominent sub-type (Flying, Grass, Fighting) making them viable already. Weezing is a wall so it won't do a whole lot of damage anyway. I just really don't see it hurting Water too much.

I'm not saying it will hurt water. I said it would buff Poison.

Let's get back on topic.

Sylveon is Lame-type. Discuss.

Haha ok then.
Sylveon is Lame-type? More like lame DESIGN. It looks really ridiculous in my opinion. Not really a fan of any Gen 6 Pokemon at this point but Fennekin. But alas the sad truth is that I will buy the game the day it comes out.

Chrono said:

The whole Water > Grass thing makes tons of sense. Plants enjoy water, using a Squirtle against a Venusuar would be like watering your plants. :p
I agree that Water should be weak to Poison though, I also thought it was true back in the day.

When does everyone think we'll be getting more X/Y leaks? Next corocoro magazine? This whole type thing is killing me, part of me hopes it is a new type for several reasons. One, for the sake of saving the possibility of a better Flying eeveelution design. (Because be honest, you would have never pictured this for a Flying eevee). Two, so it wouldn't ruin the eeveelutions consistency of being obvious about what type it is. And three, for also not ruining the consistency of eeveelutions being only pure-type.. if this was Flying theres a good change it will be Flying/Normal as all Flying types besides Thundurus. And also, a new type would just be interesting.

Zielo said:
Chrono said:

The whole Water > Grass thing makes tons of sense. Plants enjoy water, using a Squirtle against a Venusuar would be like watering your plants. :p
I agree that Water should be weak to Poison though, I also thought it was true back in the day.

When does everyone think we'll be getting more X/Y leaks? Next corocoro magazine? This whole type thing is killing me, part of me hopes it is a new type for several reasons. One, for the sake of saving the possibility of a better Flying eeveelution design. (Because be honest, you would have never pictured this for a Flying eevee). Two, so it wouldn't ruin the eeveelutions consistency of being obvious about what type it is. And three, for also not ruining the consistency of eeveelutions being only pure-type.. if this was Flying theres a good change it will be Flying/Normal as all Flying types besides Thundurus. And also, a new type would just be interesting.

New types are not happening. It's literally a joke at this point. They are releasing a game in about 7 months. Balancing a new type, as well as retyping Pokémon, would eat up too much of their time. Which, if you haven't noticed, they don't have.

Besides, the name definetly doesn't pertain to any new types.

And people say new type is to be released...EVERY TIME A NEW GEN IS ANNOUNCED.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Zielo said:

New types are not happening. It's literally a joke at this point. They are releasing a game in about 7 months. Balancing a new type, as well as retyping Pokémon, would eat up too much of their time. Which, if you haven't noticed, they don't have.

I'd bet X and Y have been in production for over a year/year in a half or more at least though. They would have had plenty of time, considering that it really wouldn't take that long with a conference room full of people meant for this job. It would probably take maybe a day or twos work just rebalancing the type chart and deciding which Pokemon to retype. Im no game designer, but I would just imagine this sort of thing would be pretty simple to a specialized team of them as opposed to the actual programming that goes into the game.
Also, this is really the first I've heard of a new type being seriously considered, not counting all the fans that have been speculating a light type since gen 2 but with no real reason to back it up besides the TCG cards and there being a Dark type. But now, it seems we have a reason, with a Pokemon that would normally be very straightforward with its typing being pretty vague instead. I just believe that it is definitely possible just as much as Sylveon being a Flying or Normal type is at the moment.

Chrono said:
jynxed said:
Man, Ground should be super effective against Water. Stupid defensive Water.
I disagree with that. If anything, poison should be super effective against water. (Water pollution)

I was replying directly to the post that was above mine where it says the thing about Earth muddying Water. How did you miss that it was literally the post right before mine.

That was like 4 hours ago. I don't even remember what it was that was being discussed. But either way it's not relevant to the thread in the first place so we went back to talking about Sylveon.

Zielo said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

I'd bet X and Y have been in production for over a year/year in a half or more at least though. They would have had plenty of time, considering that it really wouldn't take that long with a conference room full of people meant for this job. It would probably take maybe a day or twos work just rebalancing the type chart and deciding which Pokemon to retype. Im no game designer, but I would just imagine this sort of thing would be pretty simple to a specialized team of them as opposed to the actual programming that goes into the game.
Also, this is really the first I've heard of a new type being seriously considered, not counting all the fans that have been speculating a light type since gen 2 but with no real reason to back it up besides the TCG cards and there being a Dark type. But now, it seems we have a reason, with a Pokemon that would normally be very straightforward with its typing being pretty vague instead. I just believe that it is definitely possible just as much as Sylveon being a Flying or Normal type is at the moment.

>is game design student
>knows it takes much longer than a couple of days.

You people always simplify our job >.<

PellOfTheTundra said:
Zielo said:

>is game design student

I will say this. Zielo is wrong about how long it takes to work on video games and do certain little things. My friend is in college and is the best programmer in the class next to the teacher. He tells me often how difficult it is to do one little thing that you want it to do. However I do agree with Zielo that all of this would have been talk about long ago about new types and how to balance it out. Also they are a specialized team so they do know how to work on all of this.

Professer K said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
>is game design student

I will say this. Zielo is wrong about how long it takes to work on video games and do certain little things. My friend is in college and is the best programmer in the class next to the teacher. He tells me often how difficult it is to do one little thing that you want it to do. However I do agree with Zielo that all of this would have been talk about long ago about new types and how to balance it out. Also they are a specialized team so they do know how to work on all of this.

Balancing three types is easy.

Balancing seven is easy.

Balancing eighteen is not easy.

Retyping and rebalancing 695+newcomers over eighteen types? Good luck doing that in less than a month and a half.

I don't care who you are, for a job like that, any more than 3 people makes the job LONGER rather than shorter.

This is what they need to do to the types.

Bug, Grass, Ground, Rock, Steel should be all combined into the Earth type.

Electric and Fire should be combined into the Fire type

Flying becomes Wind type

Ice and Water combine into the Water type

Psychic and Fighting becomes Heart type

Dragon is removed and split into the 5 aforementioned types

Poison, Dark, and Ghost are uncool, so they are removed. Normal is too normal, so that is removed.

So when these 5 types' power is combined, the power is yours.

signofzeta said:

Flying becomes Wind type

Poison, Dark, and Ghost are uncool, so they are removed. Normal is too normal, so that is removed.

I got that reference. And just so you know, I enjoyed it so very much.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Professer K said:

Balancing three types is easy.

Balancing seven is easy.

Balancing eighteen is not easy.

Retyping and rebalancing 695+newcomers over eighteen types? Good luck doing that in less than a month and a half.

I don't care who you are, for a job like that, any more than 3 people makes the job LONGER rather than shorter.

All I am saying is that all of the "math" so to speak was done in advance. If they were/are adding a new type they would have planed for it a head of time. It's not uncommon for things like that to be planed ahead just like it's not uncommon for certain things to be changed mid way through the development process. Also they are a team of developers they know how to work together and get things done effectively. Just like other big developers like Bethesda. They some how mange to but together a huge DLC in a few months. All I am saying is that they are specialized in there job and if they want to add something they will. It's all so not unheard of for a company to delay a game to add things. Look at Bioshock infinite. It was delayed several times. And FYI that is also doing a world wide release as well.

Chrono said:

Poison>Water
Poison>Normal
Poison>Dark

That sould do.

signofzeta said:
As soon as I saw this, I saw where you were going.
I approve so much.

signofzeta said:

Flying becomes Wind type

Why don't Poison, Dark and Ghost just go combine into a type? Also, Normal is supposed to be for Pokemon who don't fit into any other type, that's why it's there. Would you give any other type to Patrat? It could just be renamed to 'Typeless' or something along those lines, that shows it has no elemental association?

Paddy185 said:
signofzeta said:

Flying becomes Wind type

Why don't Poison, Dark and Ghost just go combine into a type? Also, Normal is supposed to be for Pokemon who don't fit into any other type, that's why it's there. Would you give any other type to Patrat? It could just be renamed to 'Typeless' or something along those lines, that shows it has no elemental association?

Someone didn't get the reference.

How young are you?

EDIT: Just investigated. You were denied by about two years from getting that reference. Let me inform you.

[youtube]vpXM9bj-WPU[/youtube]

Edit 2: not sure what I messed up there. Anyone wanna correct me?

EDIT 3: FIXED.

Back