(1) 'Pokemon Smash' Reveals New X/Y Pokemon!

So how long will everyone complain about the design, threaten to leave the franchise forever (yet not the message boards) and promote fake Pokemon as being better until everyone just accepts it and enjoys Gen VI?

I remember everyone complaining about D/P/Pt.(The look like Digimon!)
Then everyone complaining about B/W. (Oshawatt? So unoriginal!)
And then the Kyurem Black and White formes. (We Digimon nao!)

A bloo, bloo, bloo - they shown a new forme. Think of it this way: the new Pokemon (Sans the starters, box legendaries, and eevee-lution) will be an even bigger surprise. C'mon guys, is this really the franchise - complaints, complaints, complaints? NEW POKEMON LOOK DIFFERENT! NEW POKEMON AREN'T DIFFERENT ENOUGH!

C'mon.

This is the description of the video pokemon just uploaded... It says its a "newly discovered pokemon"... so indeed its not Mewtwo.

"Get a glimpse of a newly discovered Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that bears an intriguing resemblance to the Legendary Mewtwo"

Wow, Game Freak and The Pokemon Company are really revealing this generation in piecemeal...I mean, we have so many unanswered questions (typing of Xerneas/Yveltal/Sylveon and now this). I don't like it, but I'll admit it's outstanding for publicity. Also, I think this is a new Pokemon, and not a Mewtwo form. The fact that they overtly compare it to Mewtwo in the description is kind of saying that it is NOT a new form. Seems backwards, but I'd actually be more surprised if this was Mewtwo.

EDIT: Come on, look at the website. It's a new Pokemon.

Guys... I propose a theory! I think that, seeing it is connected to mewtwo, is... the failed clones. Not Ditto, but this guy. It makes sense. This new pokemon is the failed clones of mewtwo

Shocker said:
There's pretty much a 99% percent chance it's Mewtwo
Kinda wouldn't make sense to make a Pokemon that looks like a forme and make it an entirely new Pokemon, would it?

It also replaces Mewtwo in the poster, so chances are it's Mewtwo.
It might just be labeled a new Pokemon to keep speculation high.

m7mad133 said:
they also updated the official x and y site!
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

Yeah I checked it. It says it is a new Pokemon connected to Mewtwo. Says the similarities between them and then just talk about Mewtwo. I Mewthree is a new Pokemon bu a form. They can even call it Mewthree.

280e9b1ab9166d47b7613c63c72e8ce7.png

I'm pretty sure it's a new Pokemon. They would just say it's a new form if it was.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Guys... I propose a theory! I think that, seeing it is connected to mewtwo, is... the failed clones. Not Ditto, but this guy. It makes sense. This new pokemon is the failed clones of mewtwo

They tried to clone Mew not Mewtwo, and they finished having Mewtwo.

It is the same Pokemon as the one in the poster, Mewtwo doesn't appear in the poster. It is obviously Mewtwo.

Nigel said:
280e9b1ab9166d47b7613c63c72e8ce7.png

I'm pretty sure it's a new Pokemon. They would just say it's a new form if it was.

If it was Mewtwo new form, why do they have it's name as ???

Yeah, the English website update has me leaning toward it being a new species, too. But it's still entirely possible it's a new Forme and they're just being cute about it. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out. :|

I dont mind the look of it so much but the fact it seemed like we would get 2 reveals and we only got one, which had already leaked and been discussed to death since the movie poster started circulating.

Really leaning towards Sylveon being a new type though, since they still seem adamant in not revealing its type for some reason.

Mik said:
BassoonBro said:
How is changing an existing Pokemon original?
Because nobody expected a Gen I legendary like Mewtwo to get a new forme.

Nobody expected it because many people wouldn't like it.

Mik said:
BassoonBro said:
So you would rather have the sixth generation consist of different forms of previous generation Pokemon?
And when did I say that?

It doesn't matter if you said that or not, it was an assumption. If you thought that changing up an older Pokemon was original, and introducing a completely new Pokemon in unoriginal, then perhaps you would like the sixth generation to be all forms of previous generation Pokemon.

Why? It looks like they copied and pasted Mewtwo's tail on its head and added that arch thing to that abomination. Mewtwo has lost its "failed clone" look and now it looks too "alien" or "magical", not "mutant cat thing". Do not want.
I'm not hating on gen 6 though.

NoDice said:
Really leaning towards Sylveon being a new type though, since they still seem adamant in not revealing its type for some reason.

They don't seem they want to reveal any typing at all. We needed to wait for the confirmation of the starters type and haven't got anything from any other type. Even Mewtwo's type is being hidden!

Why do they tease us like this. They show us a new pokemon and don't even give a name. So not fair! All we know is its related to Mewtwo. They better give us a name soon.

Post from /vp/ that sums up the whole *storm:
>perfect design
>looks like a tarded cat on two legs

MUH CHILDHOOD
MUH NOSTALGIA

You'll buy the game anyway and you know it

Opinions on Mewnew aside, how 'bout those 3D models and move animations? The leaves drifting through the air, the wind through the grass, those awesome fire effects, the fluid motion of the Pokémon, all of it looked fantastic. I'm really freaking excited.

Back