TheDarkLucario said:
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2627/1d8b5b4143559dce592eb19.png
Accept it or quit?

You people can't hate it because

"Broccoli sucks DUR DUR DUR!DWFWQGQW"

-or-

"Monkey hate passion"

That's just stupid and you deserve to be punched in the face -_-

Man, just shut up! You're always with that attitude that people must like every pokémon they make... What if someone just don't like it? What do you have to do with it? If people don't like the brocolli or monkey, just leave them alone. They have the right to have their own opinion...

I personally don't like the ideia of having another monkey... they could have used a koala for this concept, like in that rumor that appeared some time ago...

and to Luigibuster8989, Aipom is a gen 2 pokémon so the only gen that don't have monkeys is the 3rd gen...
EDIT: Actually, Vigoroth & Slaking have some traits of monkeys so maybe all gens have monkeys...

Metalizard said:
and to Luigibuster8989, Aipom is a gen 2 pokémon so the only gen that don't have monkeys is the 3rd gen...
EDIT: Actually, Vigoroth & Slaking have some traits of monkeys so maybe all gens have monkeys...

Sorry bud but he didn't have a single ape like pokemon in gen 2 He caught aipom in gen 3.

hehehe... Broccoli. I could see Dento owning one of these, since a useful Pokemon is needed. Just like ash's startaptor is used for searching, Dento's Yanuppu will be used for gathering. And baking, with those oven mitts.

Actually Slaking and vigeroth were ground sloths, and giant ground sloths. They also resemble apes because monkeys have tails where apes don't but yeah people are not hating on every single Pokemon in this generation.

sturtle said:
hehehe... Broccoli. I could see Dento owning one of these, since a useful Pokemon is needed. Just like ash's startaptor is used for searching, Dento's Yanuppu will be used for gathering. And baking, with those oven mitts.

Be sure he doesn't cook it alive.And pray to God that Aloe doesn't get the thing in her grasp XD.

Luigibuster8989 said:
Sorry bud but he didn't have a single ape like pokemon in gen 2 He caught aipom in gen 3.

Oh... my bad... I thought you were talking about each gen having a monkey-based pokemon...

Playerking95 said:
Actually Slaking and vigeroth were ground sloths, and giant ground sloths. They also resemble apes because monkeys have tails where apes don't but yeah people are not hating on every single Pokemon in this generation.

ikr, but vigoroth species' name is Wild Monkey Pokémon and there's an episode called Slaking Kong, hence why I mentioned them.
But yeah I know they're mainly based on giant sloths...

Wow, I love it when news come out of nowhere. And FINALLY Mr. Broccoli's revealed! About damn time.

I actually kinda like this guy, even though I hate broccoli. Acrobat is a very creative attack, it's just too bad he won't get any STAB.

I don't know whether to capture it or eat it...This is like an Aipom straight out of Veggie Tales and makes the new flying squirrel Pokemon look like a masterpiece XD

What is he going to do? Taunt kids into eating their veggies? Why would any child in their right mind want to have a head of broccoli as their best friend?

Okay, I just realized how awesome this thing would be with Belly Drum...

Step 1: Use Belly Drum, 50% of your life disappears.
Step 2: Thanks to Gluttony, Salac or any other Berry will now be activated.
Step 3: Since there's no hold item anymore, Acrobat's (and Belly Drum's) attack power will be doubled.

This thing has a massive amount of potential.

Zalman said:
Okay, I just realized how awesome this thing would be with Belly Drum...

Step 1: Use Belly Drum, 50% of your life disappears.
Step 2: Thanks to Gluttony, Salac or any other Berry will now be activated.
Step 3: Since there's no hold item anymore, Acrobat's (and Belly Drum's) attack power will be doubled.

This thing has a massive amount of potential.

Same thing works with Linoone and gluttony, albeit linoone uses extreme speed and giga impact

But yeah, I was JUST going to post on this. A berry + a move that doubles when no hold item means if this monkey can learn endure or something

Or, maybe along the lines of swords dance/agility, + focus slash, survives the hit, loses item, acrobat spam?

I'm guessing itll evolve into a big green gorilla : o

Ugh, I knew this pathetic thing was real from the moment I saw the toy. Yet another idiotic simian, now combined with a vegetable. WHOOPEE! At least it's not as bad as that fake picture of it though.

As aside, while I personally can't make up better Pokemon then most of Gamefreak's designs in terms of drawing and design, I CAN come up with a few conceptually in terms of originality, and there are other artists (on deviantart and such) that make some INCREDIBLE "Fakemon" that put much of Gamefreak's dumpy cutesy crap to shame >> Of course those are my OPINIONS.

I really don't think this this monkey (really? ANOTHER monkey? there are so many other choices out there...) is based on broccoli like everyone is saying... It's head looks much more like the top of a Japanese-styled pine tree (matsu) like in the middle of this pic: http://www.ko-bako.com/09nenga/n-img/n-01.jpg

I actually really love this new Pokemon. The only thing I despise about it, is the fact that it's yet ANOTHER monkey Pokemon.
Mankey, Primeape, Aipom, Ambipom, Slaking (was more of a giant ape than a sloth), Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Hihidaruma (its pre-evolution), and now another monkey. I was all excited before it was revealed, because of all the rumors and stuff saying it was a koala. If only that were true. >.>

EDIT: Dayum. Tarazuma just won this thread. xD

My only problem is that people are saying we've had lots of monkeys we've had 7 how many birds have we had again? How many mice have we had again? Look it's true we've had 7 Monkeys but there was only 4 in sinnoh can't we just have one or two in isshu i mean monkeys are cool though i'm not trying to persuade you to like them but i will say there are a lot of animals that have not yet been in Pokemon but Monkeys there only 7 so i wouldn't really mind if there were more monkeys. Sure people have there opinions like if they don't want anymore Monkeys that fine then don't catch the monkeys if you don't like them because like Tarazuma said you are allowed to have you own opinion that's what forums are for.

Back