(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

A new reveal, perhaps? Though it might just be a coincidence.

TheKeaton said:
Honest opinion time:
I love Froakie to death. Maybe even my favorite or second favorite starter in terms of design (first being turtwig). But Greninja? Looks good. I only have one problem. If that think wrapped around him in his tongue and not a ninja-like scarf, there's no way in hell I can pick Froakie. That means I'd probably go for Chespin, but oh well. I'm still really hoping its not a tongue.

Also, what does the "gre" in "greninja" mean?

Just like Frogadier means Frog Grenadier
Greninja means Grenadier Ninja

Here's a quick video I made about the whole fiasco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asRG5evhNU0

Overall, not really sure how I feel about today's news. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

This whole "is it real or not" thing just gets my goose yo. I just want to know whats real or not real! At the same time though it's kind of cool to try to solve these mysteries like were detectives or something. Right now I'm most curious about the UI differences between hawlucha and binacle. My hypothesis is that hawluchas screen shot was taken from the main pokedex section. This explains the up and down scrolling arrows as well as the search button. I think binacle might have been taken from his individual pokedex screen and the middle button is the call button.

TokenDuelist said:
TheKeaton said:
Honest opinion time:
I love Froakie to death. Maybe even my favorite or second favorite starter in terms of design (first being turtwig). But Greninja? Looks good. I only have one problem. If that think wrapped around him in his tongue and not a ninja-like scarf, there's no way in hell I can pick Froakie. That means I'd probably go for Chespin, but oh well. I'm still really hoping its not a tongue.

Also, what does the "gre" in "greninja" mean?

I don't understand why'd they use the same word in both pokemon? It seems a little repetitive and almost fake...

Squirrels said:
TokenDuelist said:

I don't understand why'd they use the same word in both pokemon? It seems a little repetitive and almost fake the name..
Like Drillbur and Excadrill?

Squirrels said:
TokenDuelist said:

I don't understand why'd they use the same word in both pokemon? It seems a little repetitive and almost fake the name..

yo the gre comes from grenouille, the french word for frog, though I think someone already mentioned this.

suppy said:
This whole "is it real or not" thing just gets my goose yo. I just want to know whats real or not real! At the same time though it's kind of cool to try to solve these mysteries like were detectives or something. Right now I'm most curious about the UI differences between hawlucha and binacle. My hypothesis is that hawluchas screen shot was taken from the main pokedex section. This explains the up and down scrolling arrows as well as the search button. I think binacle might have been taken from his individual pokedex screen and the middle button is the call button.

I don't know. Hawlucha's screen has the X and Return buttons meaning you can return to the main pokedex screen.

Schezo92 said:
Squirrels said:
Like Drillbur and Excadrill?

Oh thats true.. idk.. But i think the person below stated it meant something different VV

suppy said:
Squirrels said:
yo the gre comes from grenouille, the french word for frog, though I think someone already mentioned this.

ahh i see now :) thanks for the correction!

Firemaker said:
suppy said:

I don't know. Hawlucha's screen has the X and Return buttons meaning you can return to the main pokedex screen.

those buttons might be just out of the shot, or my prediciton might be flipped. Either way I think its a pretty sound explanation to why the UI is different.

SavvyJackal said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=171288476396504&set=a.148398262018859.1073741844.148121982046487&type=1&ref=nf

Bringing more to the table.
BW2 grass. Fake. :p

A bigger tip off is that Vivillion doesn't appear to have a shadow. I'm actually surprised that didn't come up before the grass things.

suppy said:
Firemaker said:

Yeah most pictures are flipped when taking a picture as suppy said.. So its not the leakers fault its probs their camera's faults

To all the people lurking this thread: y'all should post.

Also, if these images are indeed fake, we should at least give some credit to the people who made the images for having good Photoshop skills.

good enough to throw us into a 23 page tilly at least! hahahahaha!

Shocker said:

Also, if these images are indeed fake, we should at least give some credit to the people who made the images for having good Photoshop skills.

"good" is an opinion.. The last one with that rumored one is horrendous.. Like how do you get a blurry picture and forget vivillon's shadow?? But i agree some of them are really questionable which ones are real/fake,

Shocker said:

#LurkersArePeopleToo

Chrono said:
Here's a quick video I made about the whole fiasco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asRG5evhNU0

Overall, not really sure how I feel about today's news. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

Noticed you pointed out that Hawlucha is facing the player in the 2nd picture of it. Seems kinda weird to me, probably part of the new 3D stuff.

I just noticed that Binacle is overlapped with the box abouve it. Also, it's position is higher than Hawlucha's and Hawlucha isn't overlapping with the box above it. Not sure if the observation actually means anything.

I was talking about the images in the news story.

Chrono said:
Shocker said:

#LurkersArePeopleToo

Hi im Sarah Mclachlan.. Will you be an angel to this poor Lurkers? Everyday Lurkers go on blog posts watching posts go on and on not know when to comment. They are crying out for help.

~IN OTHER NEWS~

Do people believe Hawlucha will have a pre-evolution/evolution?

What would it look like?

Back