(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Hey, I'm a lurker, decided to post. Hi everyone! :D

I actually like the Greninja design, I can't really decide if it's real or fake. It looks a little fake to me, only because it doesn't look as 3D like the other starter sprites, or even compared to Hawlucha and Binacle. But, I'm still undecided, and I wouldn't cry either way. Froakie was always my favourite starter, but it doesn't matter because I have to get Chespin :(

What I am wondering about Greninja though, if he does prove to be real, is his type confirmed water/fighting yet? Because, just in this design, he actually looks more like a water/flying. The pointy face really reminds me of paper airplanes, like the folds you would use, plus he's been shown to have moves like Aerial Ace, while Froakie learns bounce. His tongue scarf looks like it's blowing in the breeze, and he as lighter sky-like colours. Froakie and Frogadier's bubbles also remind me of air/foam, and are "light" "airy" things. I know he's based off of a poison dart frog (or is that just speculated?) but there are also gliding frogs. Does anyone agree, or am I totally off?

PMJ said:
Hasn't anyone else noticed that Greninja is the only evolution we've seen? Frezgle and I were talking about this on skype and I think it's silly that no one, and I mean no one, has bothered posting either

1) more pictures of Greninja to confirm its authenticity (and people saying stuff like "yeah it's real guys" doesn't count)
2) pictures of the other stage two evolutions (because let's face it, everyone wants to see them)

makes me think that Greninja is just a well-done fake.

If Greninja were real, someone else--just one guy on the entirety of the internet--would confirm it for us with a different picture. The fact that no one has come forward with proof that it's real makes me think it's fake. Personally, I kinda like it, but as a faker myself I know that you gotta take these things with an enormous grain of salt.

This is a pretty good theory, but at the same time, it makes me think. The same could go the opposite way: If Greninja was in fact a fake, wouldnt there be tons of people confirming it is? And I don't just mean one or two people from 4ch, or one on here. It would be a lot easier to confirm something is fake, and the game reviewers would likely get into little or no trouble if they did, as opposed to actually revealing pictures and bending the rules. I'm sure there are a good hand full of people with review copies out there, at least some of them had to have seen Greninja on the front page of PB...

I don't like this. Things are too quiet. No one with review copies is neither confirming they're real or fake. If you know at least one of these is fake, please just tell us, so we don't all suffer. OH WAIT you probably all like that, don't you? T_T

Oh, and just as a matter of opinion, I don't like how Binacle looks, but I don't think he's poorly designed. It think it's actually really fresh and original... wouldn't have him on my team because he's a little ugly to me... but good concept. Plus, he looks like he could evolve into something cool :) (even if it's something similar with an extra head or two).

I think pokemon like Binacle are what makes the game exciting, and make me appreciate the Pokemon I like the design of even more. If they only put in pokemon I liked the look of, their would be like 200 dog pokemon, 30 dinosaurs and the rest would just be cute fuzzy things. Once I've played through Kalos and collected my favourites, I know I'll start wanting to look and train some "different" pokemon, So I'm certain I'd train one of those little guys eventually and even enjoy it :) It would definitely grow on me (even if it's ugly).

Besides, if even one person likes a Pokemon like Binacle, I find it really hard for me to say "They shouldn't have made it" or "it's not original". Definitely don't like it, won't have it on my team, but at least some people are enjoying it and are excited about it :) (though I do also appreciate those of you who don't like how it looks).

I personally think it might be real, just because it's such a crazy looking Pokemon, I can't imagine someone designing it as a fake. It's really out there, I don't think I've ever seen any fakemons based on barncles.

Zielo said:
PMJ said:
Hasn't anyone else noticed that Greninja is the only evolution we've seen? Frezgle and I were talking about this on skype and I think it's silly that no one, and I mean no one, has bothered posting either

1) more pictures of Greninja to confirm its authenticity (and people saying stuff like "yeah it's real guys" doesn't count)
2) pictures of the other stage two evolutions (because let's face it, everyone wants to see them)

makes me think that Greninja is just a well-done fake.

If Greninja were real, someone else--just one guy on the entirety of the internet--would confirm it for us with a different picture. The fact that no one has come forward with proof that it's real makes me think it's fake. Personally, I kinda like it, but as a faker myself I know that you gotta take these things with an enormous grain of salt.

This is a pretty good theory, but at the same time, it makes me think. The same could go the opposite way: If Greninja was in fact a fake, wouldnt there be tons of people confirming it is? And I don't just mean one or two people from 4ch, or one on here. It would be a lot easier to confirm something is fake, and the game reviewers would likely get into little or no trouble if they did, as opposed to actually revealing pictures and bending the rules. I'm sure there are a good hand full of people with review copies out there, at least some of them had to have seen Greninja on the front page of PokéBeach...

I don't like this. Things are too quiet. No one with review copies is neither confirming they're real or fake. If you know at least one of these is fake, please just tell us, so we don't all suffer. OH WAIT you probably all like that, don't you? T_T

I know of where one possible reviewer may be, if I happen to spot their activity before the game releases, I don't mind asking if they can tell us if at least the froakie stage2 is fake or not. The said leaker is gonna stay tight on any info they don't have permission to say, but if the picture is fake, a simple affirmation of it's legitimacy should be acceptable.

Axell Starr said:
I know of where one possible reviewer may be, if I happen to spot their activity before the game releases, I don't mind asking if they can tell us if at least the froakie stage2 is fake or not. The said leaker is gonna stay tight on any info they don't have permission to say, but if the picture is fake, a simple affirmation of it's legitimacy should be acceptable.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose though? If you ask if it's fake, and they say nothing, then you know it's real and then they've leaked something. They're better off not telling you either way and saying "sorry I can't say".

FroakieCroakie said:
The triangle things behind Frogadier's eyes, however, still have round edges if you look closely; Also, the tongue theory doesn't seem plausible enough to me, since it looks pretty odd and out of place; We can't even see where does it join with the mouth.

Also, I do believe that until we have a confirmation from GF I make a pretty compelling argument looks-wise.

Finally, as a matter of OPINION (mentioning for the sake of no striking up an argument), I highly doubt pokemon designers would make such an edgy, pointy face for such a round-bodied frog; it just doesn't feel right to me. Again, that is an opinion and not an argument in favor/against Greninja.

But if you look at the official in game images of frogadier those edges behind the eyes arn't rounded, in fact they are just as sharp as the greninja head triangle things.

Aerodactyl said:
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose though? If you ask if it's fake, and they say nothing, then you know it's real and then they've leaked something. They're better off not telling you either way and saying "sorry I can't say".

If it's fake, and they say it is, we know it's fake. If they say nothing, or do not want to disclose anything, we get no definite answer and do not know for sure that they are confirming it to be true. :p That's just how i see it.

Axell Starr said:

Yes, that would be great if we can get at least just that. And thats exactly what I mean, if its a fake picture, whats wrong with confirming its fake? I can understand why some people wouldnt want to risk posting the pictures, but I cant see how debunking a rumor is anything bad.

For all I know though that could actually be in their rules too I guess, as unusual as it seems.

Axell Starr said:
Aerodactyl said:

If it's fake, and they say it is, we know it's fake. If they say nothing, or do not want to disclose anything, we get no definite answer and do not know for sure that they are confirming it to be true. :p That's just how i see it.

That's true, hadn't thought about it that way. At the very least, now I'm curious if it's in their contract to even be allowed to debunk myths! Maybe GF likes the fakes, because it distracts from people finding the real leaks or something.

You know, the more I look at Greninja the more it looks like a water/flying type. It's head, as well as looking like paper airplanes, also resembles a kite, and it's tongue like the kite string spooled up.

I guess this is the evolution of froakie not gerninja
url

Rish the pokemon tamer said:
I guess this is the evolution of froakie not gerninja
url

*Sigh* This is fanart from DA. Been stated a few times. You can easily trace it back to the dudes account.

Aerodactyl said:
That's true, hadn't thought about it that way. At the very least, now I'm curious if it's in their contract to even be allowed to debunk myths! Maybe GF likes the fakes, because it distracts from people finding the real leaks or something.

You know, the more I look at Greninja the more it looks like a water/flying type. It's head, as well as looking like paper airplanes, also resembles a kite, and it's tongue like the kite string spooled up.

I think they can, the reviewer saw the fake leaks (the one where the guy was doing an experiment) and said they are for the most part false, but sections of about 3 (plus or minus) are true. Didn't state which were partly true though, and made it clear they do not want to go farther into detail because there were some true stuff int he mix.

Note: I am not stating where I happened to chance upon the reviewer nor the name they go by so they don't get pestered by a herd. :p

Nionel said:
hever said:
ANOTHER LEAKKK!!!

It's seems kinda odd that the Wivixen looks so blurry, but it's life bar doesn't. That just looks a little too fake to me...

Not to mention, as stated above, that the Clauncher looks oddly like the one for the trailer where its battling Skrelp...

If this is indeed real, it would make sense that Wivixen is blurry because it's attacking (with it being in the air and all). I actually like the design, with the black fur in the middle.

Can I just say I think Greninja is fake cuz how dose a Brgidair frog evolve into a ninja? I mean at less Oshawott keeps its signature thing about it, its a samurai. And the picture just looked fake to me. And the rumor of "only 70 new pokemon" I just laugh at people who believe crap trolls give them.

D Dog master of war said:
Can I just say I think Greninja is fake cuz how dose a Brgidair frog evolve into a ninja? I mean at less Oshawott keeps its signature thing about it, its a samurai. And the picture just looked fake to me. And the rumor of "only 70 new pokemon" I just laugh at people who believe crap trolls give them.

Its still based on a Rogue/Ninja like Class.

Also, this seriously looks fake, i agree with the fact that the 70 Pokemon thing sounds stupid, you know whats funny? Someone sent me a link to a page saying over 70 Pokemon x and y SCREENSHOTS, believing that its 70 Pokemon, this hype is starting to get annoying, especially the damned leakers...

spiralofvertigo said:
Found on /vp what do you guys make of this?

1676n3t.jpg

2q3ok5s.png

I'm going to say that looks pretty legitimate. Do you think it's a chimeco evolution, or just a wind-chime like pokemon?

Also, what's with the little note saying look at the upper screen???Is that normal???

Also, the picture looks like it's taken directly over the 4chan site it posted on...If it's a photoshop and fake, it's still a really good one...

spiralofvertigo said:
Found on /vp what do you guys make of this?

1676n3t.jpg

2q3ok5s.png

Bar the shading, which is a little unusual, it looks genuine! It's certainly a well made fake if it is one! I like it!

I'm following the thread, but the Original Poster isn't being very forth coming anymore... which is kind of strange. They say they are not "far enough into the game" to show a screen shot of the stat screen. That makes it sound fake. Like I said, to me what proves it's legitmacy is that the first photo shown in that spoiler tag is literally taken over the thread the OP posted on. So he/she is responding to the demands for another pick immedately and uploading it... I guess you could have had the image done previously and added the images overtop, but that was still done reasonibly fast, and the angles of the DS screens look okay...

Not sure what to call it. Apparently 4chan is a bad place for leaks because it's almost never true, but I have no previous experience.

Back