(1) Scans and Translations of 'LEGEND: HeartGold & SoulSilver Collection' [10/7]

Cleffa...he has the same attack as Cleffa from UF. He's okay.

But man, all the cards have 2x weakness? That isn't good.

I wonder if the Unown Trainer card will be legal, since it can be hard to read it.

Charizard and Ninetails arn't bad! Maybe go 1-1 Rapidash and tech Focus Band so Charizard could be read like this:

Charizard HP150
*When Charizard is knocked out, your opponent draws an additional prize card*

(R) Fire Wing 100

(R)(R)(C) Burning Tail 150
Discard 1 Fire energy attatched to Charizard.

Hahaha beastly!:D

Deck_Master

A couple of questions. How do baby pokemon evolve into their basic stage? They no longer have the baby evolution power, nor do they have the evolve into thing from the old neo set days, so what's the deal?

And have we seen the new basic energies yet?

I miss these scans: http://f30batchimg.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/8/9/8/5/toho_company2007-imgbatch_1254932517/600x569-2009100800035.jpg

I NEEDZ DEM NRG!

To get LBS back you'll need something like Holon's Elektrode/Magneton/Castform. And maybe Power Tree, too.

Soul Seeker said:
To get LBS back you'll need something like Holon's Elektrode/Magneton/Castform. And maybe Power Tree, too.

and don't forget something that can snipe for 100. It would only be LB without it :p

Well I don't have something that can snipe for 100 but I'd
say
Raichu(the new one) isn't too shabby of a replacement. So LBS
4 Lugia Legend
3-2-3 Great Feraligator
2-2 Raichu
IDK if it works but seems fun at the very least. Also I think w/ Ocean Glow you don't really need the Double Energies just play a fair amount of them or something that lets you setup your deck.

And also Ho-Ho legend, double colorless and feraligator. Think about the potetial. Might play that for states:p

Soul Seeker said:

I know, but there's still 1 more set after that before nats.....

Weedle's nice for Speedrill, but I still think Weedle GE will still be the main choice for Speedrill players. Kakuna also helps with Speedrill.

Jumpluff is amazing, despite that low HP. High damage for low cost with all these other guys is very good. Heck, even now, it's damage output is fairly nice.

Ho-oh LEGEND is OK....I still don't see it getting too far, though.

Starmie is great with Feraligatr. It looks like we have Blasticune all over again. Speaking of Gatr, I love the fact that he can spread. This or Jumpluff is what I'll play in HGSS.

Great Ampharos has a great Body, but has a terrible attack. Still, he may become an anti-Feraligatr tech.

Wobbuffet would be decent if it didn't rely on that coin flip....

I don't see Primeape getting too far. Having a 50% chance of dealing 0? I'll pass on this one.

Donphan is great, but he can be beaten by Feraligatr. His Water Weakness is meh, and will probably keep him from being BDIF.

Cleffa is the improved version of Chatot MD. I can see him being slipped into a number of decks.

Blissey would be 10x better if it had a decent attack. He mightttt see play in Donphan, to aid with its tankish-style.

Noctowl is our draw-power for the HGSS-on. Having better artwork and being in a better set than Dodrio is always cool.

Stantler and Girafarig have potential as starters in certain decks. (In Feraligatr and Jumpluff (if you don't want your opponent to get a set-up) respectively)

Pokemon Reversal is back. I can see it being used in decks that have the room for it.

Oak's Theory could see some play in decks that can't accommodate Noctowl. Nice card overall.

Bill is the next Mom's Kindness. (i.e: the worst Supporter ever)

DCE has neat artwork and works well in an energy-heavy format.

The Alphs are pretty nice, though I don't think that will see much play. (Mainly due to space issues in decks)

I wish Meganium would have been better. =/

Ninetails is what Charizard AA decks needed to be viable.

Typhlosion could have been better....he's average at best...

Delibird is nice in Feraligatr decks. He could be drawing 6+ cards for one energy.

Lugia LEGEND is decent. He'll work nicely with more reliable energy acceleration.

Pichu is pretty hot in Jumpluff decks. Like Cleffa, he is a pretty awesome baby.

Great Crobat is decent. Too bad Weezing GE won't be around for too much longer after Crobat comes out. Still, locking yhe Active Pokemon's Power is decent, and free damage is always good.

Tyrogue beats its fellow Babies. While it's not bad, it still is one of the worse Babies in HGSS.

Igglybuff is the Machamp-donk counter we were waiting for. Funny to see it comes in the form of a Baby. =p

Farfetch'd is outclassed by almost everything, as expected.

Great Ursaring with DCE is pretty good. I can see him being played some. Too bad he's weak to Donphan. (But Feraligatr beats him, and Jumpluff beats Gatr, and Ursaring can OHKO a Jumpluff. It's a nice circle. =])

Pokemon Communicator is pretty nice in certain decks. Have a Candy and a Stage 1 in your hand? Use Communicator to switch out the Stage 1 for the Stage 2. =)

Moo-Moo Milk might see some play in healing decks.

Fisherman is alright, and is decent in Feraligatr.

Pokemon Collector is our new Roseanne's replacement.

Copycat will see play, as it did in the EX days. I don't expect that to change.

Overall, I'd say HGSS is a very good set, especially compared to SV and Arceus. I think I'll be saving my money for this one...

Well, on a somewhat more trivial note...cool new basic energies! I see Umbreon and Espeon on a couple...maybe we'll see Great Eeveelutions in the next set? Maybe Celebi is a dual-card Legend at some point?

Wow, I hope we get those energy! Those are pretty shmexy.

Also, so since Great pokemon don't actually have "Great" in their name, does that mean they're considered the same name as the regular ones?

There is nothing different about them in comparison to a regular Pokemon card (in terms of play).

the new energy cards look so cool. looks like they've really stepped up to the plate with design and detail in this set.

Awesome news. There are a lot of cards with the energy cards added. Wow. This is going to be a great set.:)

I am surprised and pleased with the change to the energy cards.

Back