(1) Supposed 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say at least wait until after Smash this weekend to see if it proves anything else about the rumors.

Ex-91 said:
Aside turning him into a Masterball, I don't see how it can have one, but it could be fun lol

I always thought they could give him a Steel evolution or something to match Magnezone. Who would have thought Magneton could evolve anyway? Most fan art of its evolution had like 50 Magnemites clustered together lol

Maybe it could get metal spikes and look sort of like a water mine or something. Who knows. I doubt it will evolve but I can only hope :D

Welp, looks like I gotta take my exam....

P.DelSlayer said:
for anyone who thinks that 'if you don't want to be spoiled then don't read the spoilers', it's not quite that simple.
Since the news could go anywhere, you could go onto a forum completely unrelated to PokeBeach, or even PokeBeach Forums, but you could still get someone who's c/pasted the spoilers for people to discuss.
So just saying that 'they don't have to read it' etc, chances are that there will be some place else they go people will still reference the spoilers.

On whether I want the spoilers or not: I think a couple would do per month or so - maybe reveal some hints (of course, they wouldn't be hints since we know that WPM has all the spoilers) about a Pokemon that is unrevealed, imply certain moves (eg. does anyone think a high-powered Dark attack will appear in X&Y?), or maybe drop hints if a Pokemon is getting an evolution (eg. I wonder if there's more to *insert Pokemon here* than meets the eye?).
And nothing like 'the 3rd legendary is type1/type2, *detailed explanation of its design*, has this ability, has this relation to Xerneas/Yveltal.
I really want to play through X without every Pokemon being spoiled, and only have storyline elements that TCPi reveal to us. Ever since we found out that it was a simultaneous release I decided about this.

My thoughts 100%, especially the last part. I haven't been able to go into a Pokemon game blind since gen III. I miss the discovery.

WPM, I seriously hope you're not going to slowly leak this. Sure, it would give your site a ton of attention and many views, but we're fellow fans. Spoiler tags exist for a reason right? You've got the opportunity to reveal to us what we've been waiting for since the start of this year and you're going to just take your time with it? :( I'm sorry but this seems really selfish not to a least try to release everything as soon as you have confirmation.

Also, to everyone who doesn't want it to be spoiled: Why are you coming on Pokemon news sites? Things are going to be leaked no matter where you go, it's just the rate at which it happens that we're discussing.

rocky505 said:
I say at least wait until after Smash this weekend to see if it proves anything else about the rumors.

I imagine Smash will probably just give out the same stuff we got from CoroCoro, it definitely wouldn't be the first time.
However, they promised big news, so I guess I can see them revealing something we've previously not seen. (I doubt we'd get confirmation of a Fairy type without TCPi telling us all to watch a live stream of Masuda or someone else at the same time)

frezgle said:
P.DelSlayer said:
for anyone who thinks that 'if you don't want to be spoiled then don't read the spoilers', it's not quite that simple.
Since the news could go anywhere, you could go onto a forum completely unrelated to PokeBeach, or even PokeBeach Forums, but you could still get someone who's c/pasted the spoilers for people to discuss.
So just saying that 'they don't have to read it' etc, chances are that there will be some place else they go people will still reference the spoilers.

On whether I want the spoilers or not: I think a couple would do per month or so - maybe reveal some hints (of course, they wouldn't be hints since we know that WPM has all the spoilers) about a Pokemon that is unrevealed, imply certain moves (eg. does anyone think a high-powered Dark attack will appear in X&Y?), or maybe drop hints if a Pokemon is getting an evolution (eg. I wonder if there's more to *insert Pokemon here* than meets the eye?).
And nothing like 'the 3rd legendary is type1/type2, *detailed explanation of its design*, has this ability, has this relation to Xerneas/Yveltal.
I really want to play through X without every Pokemon being spoiled, and only have storyline elements that TCPi reveal to us. Ever since we found out that it was a simultaneous release I decided about this.

My thoughts 100%, especially the last part. I haven't been able to go into a Pokemon game blind since gen III. I miss the discovery.

I guess I just don't understand how you guys (or gals) can even justify getting on the internet at all then. The internet is one giant spoiler bin.

moonlightning said:
WPM, I seriously hope you're not going to slowly leak this. Sure, it would give your site a ton of attention and many views, but we're fellow fans. Spoiler tags exist for a reason right? You've got the opportunity to reveal to us what we've been waiting for since the start of this year and you're going to just take your time with it? :( I'm sorry but this seems really selfish not to a least try to release everything as soon as you have confirmation.

It's not selfish at all. Some of us don't want an information overdose.
And whether or not that's his reason for holding back, I can't say, but it's not selfish of him regardless. None of us is entitled to more information in this scenario.

Cody Gordon said:
I guess I just don't understand how you guys (or gals) can even justify getting on the internet at all then. The internet is one giant spoiler bin.

Because it has good points! Discussions (even this one!), connecting to faraway friends, videos of baby animals, etc.

frezgle said:
moonlightning said:

And whether or not that's his reason for holding back, I can't say, but it's not selfish of him regardless. None of us is entitled to more information in this scenario.

If info is released it's just going to be a big long list like that guy Mr XY released. If you don't want news spoiled then you can easily avoid the right websites. Hell, you could even turn images off on specific websites. I can understand what you're saying and playing a game blind is great and all but we shouldn't deny those hungry for information for a minority that want to browse Pokemon news sites without getting any news XD

moonlightning said:
If info is released it's just going to be a big long list like that guy Mr XY released. If you don't want news spoiled then you can easily avoid the right websites. Hell, you could even turn images off on specific websites. I can understand what you're saying and playing a game blind is great and all but we shouldn't deny those hungry for information for a minority that want to browse Pokemon news sites without getting any news XD

So I should avoid PokeBeach for at least four months because some people are impatient?... I think it's kind of unfair to suggest that some peoples' impatience for information should take precedence over those who like being part of this and other online communities. I'd still come here either way, but man.

frezgle said:
moonlightning said:

You don't think it's selfish because you don't want the information leaked. lol

From his original post it sounded like he was going against his very morals in not posting the rumors.

This is what i'd like to draw attention to.

[/quote]

If Fairy type and anything else above comes to be true in the next few weeks, I'll put up the rest of the information. If all of this is fake, well, at least I didn't let a potential good source go to waste - at least I tried to deliver potentially real and substantial news. [/quote]

WPM knows the value of this information. This sentence is a testament to what he wants. To give pokemon fans cutting edge and substantial news. Judging from this sentence, he will post the information.

Dang nab it that dang nab fairy type is practically confirmed for that dang nab x and y. Wonder how many dang nab times I can say dang nab in this dang nab comment.

For real, I am dissapointed on three things.

1. Fairy Type. I'm still unhappy about it, but I guess you guys were right all along.

2. Mewtwo form. I didn't really like it at first and I still won't like it, but a second form makes more sense (X and a Y form). The reason I didn't want a new form for an old Pokemon is because if they didn't have a good reason for it I would be kinda mad. 2 forms makes more sense though.

3. Gogoat's name. I like the Pokemon alot and I think being able to ride it is pretty cool. The name is so gimmicky though it makes Gogoat look dumb and a gimmick Pokemon.

Other then this X and Y seem promising. I'm going to get Y version.
Also this is my 250th post.

frezgle said:
moonlightning said:

So I should avoid PokeBeach for at least four months because some people are impatient?... I think it's kind of unfair to suggest that some peoples' impatience for information should take precedence over those who like being part of this and other online communities. I'd still come here either way, but man.

Well this information won't stay hidden forever. If Pokebeach doesn't release it eventually someone else will. (Although I think WPM will release it, I'm just grumpy that it's not NOW.) It's tricky to play a new Pokemon game blind if you want to frequent news Pokemon sites. Imagine how difficult it would be to frequent for example a Magic The Gathering forum without getting any spoilers about the upcoming expansion. Everyone would be talking at it and it would be impossible to read any discussions without at least SOMETHING being "spoiled." New card art would be in signatures and avatars etc. Unless you're prepared to cut yourself from the Pokemon community until release there's no way to play a new game blind,

Cody Gordon said:
frezgle said:

You don't think it's selfish because you don't want the information leaked. lol

From his original post it sounded like he was going against his very morals in not posting the rumors.

This is what i'd like to draw attention to.

"If Fairy type and anything else above comes to be true in the next few weeks, I'll put up the rest of the information. If all of this is fake, well, at least I didn't let a potential good source go to waste - at least I tried to deliver potentially real and substantial news."

WPM knows the value of this information. This sentence is a testament to what he wants. To give pokemon fans cutting edge and substantial news. Judging from this sentence, he will post the information.

Whether I want the information or not is irrelevant. It's not selfish either way; for someone to be selfish, you have to either be deserving of or entitled to what's being kept from you.

You could say maybe he was dishonest or misleading for saying that and now holding back, but he never said he'd post it all at once. And that's what most people who are opposed have an issue with, from the looks of things. Having an explosion instead of a steady flow.

moonlightning said:
frezgle said:

Well this information won't stay hidden forever. If Pokebeach doesn't release it eventually someone else will. (Although I think WPM will release it, I'm just grumpy that it's not NOW.) It's tricky to play a new Pokemon game blind if you want to frequent news Pokemon sites. Imagine how difficult it would be to frequent for example a Magic The Gathering forum without getting any spoilers about the upcoming expansion. Everyone would be talking at it and it would be impossible to read any discussions without at least SOMETHING being "spoiled." New card art would be in signatures and avatars etc. Unless you're prepared to cut yourself from the Pokemon community until release there's no way to play a new game blind,

That's not exactly true. I made a list of ways you could play a game blind without not doing Pokemon.

1. Move to the TCG until the game releases.

2. Stay on the Gen 5 fourms of Pokebeach or whatever you are posting at.

3. Talk to an irl friend about Pokemon, but tell them to not spoil anything.

Everyone has their own opinions, and it is WPM's choice to post them or not. He must be under alot of pressure now, but I will say it again; I will roll with his desicion whenever he posts them or not.

moonlightning said:
frezgle said:

So, you want a ton of spoilers now...
What about whenever new information is promised? There is more fun in speculating about what a silhoutte could be with other people, than just looking at the list and saying 'oh, its gonna be this new Pokemon' every time.
Knowing everything about the game would be boring, just like 'Oh look, my Chespin levelled up, in 2 more levels it will learn Razor Leaf', when playing through the game for the first time, rather than 'I wonder when Chespin will learn a new move?!'.
And you're grumpy it's not being revealed now... That's more selfish than WPM not revealing any of it at all.

Reggie McGigas said:
moonlightning said:

That's not exactly true. I made a list of ways you could play a game blind without not doing Pokemon.

1. Move to the TCG until the game releases.

2. Stay on the Gen 5 fourms of Pokebeach or whatever you are posting at.

3. Talk to an irl friend about Pokemon, but tell them to not spoil anything.

Everyone has their own opinions, and it is WPM's choice to post them or not. He must be under alot of pressure now, but I will say it again; I will roll with his desicion whenever he posts them or not.

People in the gen 5 forums will still put leaked Pokemon and trainers in their signatures. Whatever, it doesn't really matter. We have no control over what WPM does. I always thought most people would have wanted to be "the one" who gave everyone all the information they ever wanted. Also as a fan myself I wouldn't like sitting on so much information and not sharing it with others who would love to hear about it.

I am really surprised the amount of people who don't want any news though. It's been so slow up until now. Of course, I'm not trying to convince you to view the leaks, I just want them for myself and my friends so we can talk about them!

P.DelSlayer said:
moonlightning said:
What about whenever new information is promised? There is more fun in speculating about what a silhoutte could be with other people, than just looking at the list and saying 'oh, its gonna be this new Pokemon' every time.
Knowing everything about the game would be boring, just like 'Oh look, my Chespin levelled up, in 2 more levels it will learn Razor Leaf', when playing through the game for the first time, rather than 'I wonder when Chespin will learn a new move?!'.
And you're grumpy it's not being revealed now... That's more selfish than WPM not revealing any of it at all.

I guess the main Pokemon community I hang out with - Pokejungle - has a different philosophy on this matter. Information the the people, as fast as possible. Is it really that selfish of me to want spoilers that someone gave to WPM with the intention of him distributing them?

P.DelSlayer said:
moonlightning said:

Isn't it also selfish to think that your opinion on what should be done is better than anyone else's? I'm not being mean, just trying to look at both sides.

I understand that some people don't want to be spoiled. I also understand that some people would like to know. Both sides are inherently selfish.

moonlightning said:
I am really surprised the amount of people who don't want any news though. It's been so slow up until now. Of course, I'm not trying to convince you to view the leaks, I just want them for myself and my friends so we can talk about them!

It's not that we don't want any news (trust me, I was SUPER hyped this week when I first saw the four new Pokemon and everything else that came with them), it's that we don't want so much of the game told to us so early, before we even get a chance to play it. And as P. Del Slayer said, speculating with other fans is fun - just look at how many "What type is Sylveon?!" threads there've been.

P.DelSlayer said:
moonlightning said:

Cody Gordon said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Isn't it also selfish to think that your opinion on what should be done is better than anyone else's? I'm not being mean, just trying to look at both sides.

I understand that some people don't want to be spoiled. I also understand that some people would like to know. Both sides are inherently selfish.

Yeah definitely, You're absolutely right, thanks.

frezgle said:
moonlightning said:

It's not that we don't want any news (trust me, I was SUPER hyped this week when I first saw the four new Pokemon and everything else that came with them), it's that we don't want so much of the game told to us so early, before we even get a chance to play it. And as P. Del Slayer said, speculating with other fans is fun - just look at how many "What type is Sylveon?!" threads there've been.

Oh for sure. Sylveon's type IMO has been dragged along too long, Sure WPM says it's fairy but I would really like some supporting evidence to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back