(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Thief said:
Reggie McGigas said:
If Fairy beats dark, then they are forcing us to buy X even more. (Type advantage)

Also, Xerneas would heavily influence the choice of which game to pick. Would you rather get the game that has the new type-legendary or the game that has the legendary with the old type. Most people would flock to X and try out the new type. I'm getting Y either way but X would sell more then Y thanks to X featuring a new type with Xerneas.

EDIT: I should note that if fairy was real it would be cool to be weak to flying and strong to dark, then Xerneas and Yveleltal are somewhat equal.

Everything you're saying is just a personal assumption though. You think that because the franchise we all love offers a new typing, which is major, that it should appeal to everyone. Plus, you're only considering the legendaries, not all of the new type Pokémon that people would also encounter along the way. I'm buying X, because I personally like the design of Xerneas. Normally I think people buy their versions based off of what mascot they prefer. In gen 3, all of my friends had Ruby and I had Sapphire. Clearly a type advantage doesn't matter to the players. Especially since really that part of the game doesn't come until towards the end anyways.

Sorry, you are just SO against fairy more than anyone else and it makes me want it even more.

DNA said:
Not exactly, since there's an immunity (Psychic vs Dark) where a resistance should be. So it is not exactly equal. Besides, it's not like Dark-Psychic-Fighting is the only other 3 member loop.

I personally am hoping the type isn't Fairy, but more something like "Magical" or something along those lines. After all, Sylveon is the Magical Girl of Eeveelutions, so why not?

I definitely want a fairy type, but I wouldn't mind if it was called magic, or celestial.
I would actually prefer a celestial type.

So wait.... You like the fairy type because I dislike it? Shouldn't you make your own decisions based on your own thoughts? I am not disliking it because everyone else is liking it, maybe somehow I just heavily dislike the concept of a 'fairy' type.

Also if the fairy type was true, instead of making Xerneas fairy type, wynaut make a fairy trio?

DNA said:
Your tears are delicious

Nope, I wouldn't cry over Pokemon, I would just be very unhappy if it was true.

My hopes for the E3 Pokémon round-up are the following:

- Starter evolutions (This may be too early, but considering how early the starters themselves were revealed (The first Pokémon of gen 6 to be revealed) so I'm pretty sure enough time has gone past for their evolutions to be shown)
- More new Pokémon
- Types of Sylveon, Xerneas and Yveltal unveiled, hopefully confirming the long rumored Fairy type
- Region's Professor
- Region's evil team(s)
- Early story details

Reggie McGigas said:
So wait.... You like the fairy type because I dislike it? Shouldn't you make your own decisions based on your own thoughts? I am not disliking it because everyone else is liking it, maybe somehow I just heavily dislike the concept of a 'fairy' type.

Also if the fairy type was true, instead of making Xerneas fairy type, wynaut make a fairy trio?

DNA said:
Your tears are delicious

Nope, I wouldn't cry over Pokemon, I would just be very unhappy if it was true.

How can you dislike it when we don't even know what exactly it would be about?

And you're missing something huge. Regardless of whether there is a fairy type or not, "fairy"-like pokemon have always existed and will continue existing.
If the type is confirmed, then they merely have their "powers" recognized as unique enough to justify introducing a type for that, it wont be like pokemon is suddenly more fairy-like than before or whatever your issue is with this.

TheGuy said:
Fairy Type Confirmed.

E3 for Nintendo starts with Pokemon. Good move.

Oh god I'm missing it because I'm in class and not allowed to stream video DX Anybody want to keep the thread updated with screenshots and such?

Pokemon X and Y website is updated!!! :D

It says that the bat will be Flying/Dragon and that the butterfly will be Bug/Flying!!

Two new Pokemon shown in a new trailer!
BMfCWC_CEAEalq9.png:large

iaza14573972701200.png

BMfCyRQCUAAkzg9.png:large

Noivern looks awesome! Seems like it's based on a Wyvern, going by the name and design. ...Which is weird because I thought that's what Yveltal was partially supposed to be. Oh well!

Here's the trailer

Vivillon = vivid + papillon (French for butterfly)
Bug/Psychic? It looks the part.

edit: holyjesus that attack Yveltal used was asdfghjkl.

all the fairy haters can officially start crying now.

Im so happy about this. Didn't expect Gardevoir <3<3<3
Was just playing Platinum to use Gardevoir now that no one prefers it over Gallade, but then this!

Frezgle said:
Two new Pokemon shown in a new trailer!
BMfCWC_CEAEalq9.png:large

BMfCyRQCUAAkzg9.png:large

Noivern looks awesome! Seems like it's based on a Wyvern, going by the name and design. ...Which is weird because I thought that's what Yveltal was partially supposed to be. Oh well!

Here's the trailer

Noivern = noise + wyvern, and since it looks like a giant bat/dragon creature, so I assume the "Noi" half of "Noivern" that's taken from "noise" refers to bats using echo location.

Noviern has to be a Swoobat evo. Look at the ears and nose and color scheme and wings and everything.

The English site talks about the new bonding feature:
iaza14573989998000.png

Something tells me I'm going to be using this a lot *u*

steffenka said:
P.DelSlayer said:
Vivillon = vivid + papillon (French for butterfly)
Bug/Psychic? It looks the part.

Bug/Flying according to Pokemon.com ;)

:( a great chance for a new typing and the design fitted and all = sad P.DelSlayer :(
I guess it's just gonna be the regional bug then. Shame that such a good design was wasted on an earlygame mon :(

Would say that Noivern is based on a wyvern. We also got 2 new Fairy type moves, Fairy Wind and Moon Blast. I wouldn't like Marill, Gardevoir and Jigglypuff to be Fairy types and they also said that it was only a small amount of the new ones. We might expect around 8 lines getting retyped. I only wanted Clefariy and Togekiss lines to be retyped (then someone explained that Misdreavous could also fit so that one too).

I love the 2 new Pokemon (by design). I would say that Noivern is a stage 1 while Vivillion being a stage 2.

Reliable insider yay
Anyways, fairy type, can't say I'm surprised, but cool regardless.
Two new fairy type moves: Moonblast and Fairy Wind
Another new move is Boomburst
Yveltal seems to be using either Dragon Pulse, or a signature move. Xerneas seems to be using Ice Beam.
The new bonding feature seems interesting, though I'm not exactly excited about it.

Back