(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

I just noticed, Yveltal looks a bit... small in that trailer. Its listed height is 19 feet, so should it have looked quite a bit bigger than the 6-foot Charizard? Even if Yveltal's measurement is actually its length from head to tail, I'd think it would look bigger than it did? Maybe my dreams of Wailord taking up the whole screen shall never be realized? D:

Well it seems as if the Pokemon-amie thing is not only a fun French pun, but also that bonding system they were talking about. And likely how to evolve Sylveon.

The legendary types will probably be revealed in the Corocoro scans, now that there's no new type to hide. The gameplay trailer here is supposed to build hype, not go into detail.

hi guys i am new here.

awesome those new pokemon noivern is going to be on my team xD.
the butterfly is pretty good , butt i don't use bug much.
fairy type finaly an type that can fight dragon axcept dragons xD

owh and about corocore do you guys think that they will reveal more pokemon or not maybe the type of the legendaries

iynereh said:
Wow!!! I can't believe they really introduced a new type!!!
Hmmm... I don't see how marill is fairy-ish!!!
Anyway is the male character named Xavier?
june_p14_04.jpg

Oh and when they showed the lumiose tower in the trailer, there seem to be a gym logo on it!
Vivillon looks so adorable, I hope it will have good stats but I know it's probably gonna be one of those early bug types that sucks!

Hmm well altaria isnt that dragon looking either...and I dont know the 5th gen bug types are no pushover it may have good stats.

New front news:
Vivillon is Bug/Flying, 3' 11", 37.5 lbs., and can learn Struggle Bug. It evolves from a Pokemon named Spewpa, who has not been revealed yet.
Old Pokemon still have their old sound effect cries.
Yveltal used Hyper Beam attack, which uses the exact same sound effect from Red and Blue.

Its just so sad that the butterfly is doomed competitively the moment it was revealed ):

Mitja said:
Its just so sad that the butterfly is doomed competitively the moment it was revealed ):
Don't count the chickens before they hatch. We know nothing outside of typing.
And don't bring Stealth Rock into this. Volcarona is 4x weak to Sneaky Pebbles as well.

They actually named the guy Xavier? I...okay.

I'm putting my money on the girl being Yvette even more now.

Poor poor Vivillion. It really does seem like an early game bug after all, considering Spewpa's name.

Shocker said:
Vivillon is Bug/Flying, 3' 11", 37.5 lbs., and can learn Struggle Bug. It evolves from a Pokemon named Spewpa, who has not been revealed yet.

Given that it evolves from a cocoonmon, this will mean it probably is the earlygame bug.

Whyyy GF, whyyy. My new second fave bug type and its doomed to be in NU forever :'( why do you have to waste such awesome design and potential :(

(Spewpa = spew and pupa? I guess it spews things)

I wake up and all hell has broken loose.
I am pleased.

I'm putting my money on the girl being Yvette even more now.
That or Yvonne. Same difference.

My opinions!
Noivern is Flying/Dragon,
Wait, what? Flying as a primary type?

Vivillon looks cool.
The Fairy type was officially revealed: Fairy-types include Sylveon (Fairy), Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy), Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy), and Marill (Water/Fairy).
huehuehuehuehue

Sylveon knows a new move called Moonblast,
Commence the Sailor Moon jokes.

Gardevoir can learn Fairy Wind.
I could think of a lot of ways to joke about this one.

Yveltal used Hyper Beam attack, which uses the exact same sound effect from Red and Blue.
Finally! yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss

Apparently there's a new way to encounter wild Pokemon - "Whoa! The Heloptile you stepped on attacked!"
I always wondered how I'd run into smaller Pokemon in the grass. Hopefully I won't step on a Wurmple or Nidoran or whatever. That would suck.

I still want to see GameFreak show off some new water-types other than Froakie. The two new Pokemon are gorgeous though!

"Vivillon is said to have a secret hidden in the colorful decorative pattern on its wings." - That's quite interesting... maybe a QR code or something. xD

I really hope that the upcoming information sources do more that just recycle what was revealed today. It would be very disappointing if CoroCoro and Smash do nothing but reveal Fairy Type / The two new pokes.

Back